Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Emulation, Wii Mods and Classic Games

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Playing Final Fantasy in bed on this thing is amazing. Highly recommended.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    i think i want the JXD s7800...unless one of you guys would help me with the Raspberry pi...it looks a little over my head.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    i think i want the JXD s7800...unless one of you guys would help me with the Raspberry pi...it looks a little over my head.
    I could help you, no worries

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    See what woks for you. The JXD is a portable system that you can bring anywhere you want to go. The Raspberry Pi can technically go with you anywhere if you decide to do what this guy did.

Understand what your needs are.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Hey guys.
    My fiancee and i have been playing this DOPE ass game for GBA on our Wii called Castlevania Aria of Sorrow.
    This reminded me that my favorite fucking game of all time is Castlevania Symphony of the Night.

I need a playstation 1 and a copy of Symphony of the Night.

I would be willing to trade

Cabela's Big Game Hunter 2012 bundle (with Cabela's Big Game Hunter 2012 and the Top Shot Elite controller) For Wii

i also have a Tascam US-100 USB Audio Interface
    with PC/Mac compatible software (the DAW is just audacity, but still...and i've never even used the motherfucker.)

I know this is a long shot, but hit me up...if you don't want to trade, maybe i could buy it from you.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Hey guys.
    My fiancee and i have been playing this DOPE ass game for GBA on our Wii called Castlevania Aria of Sorrow.
    This reminded me that my favorite fucking game of all time is Castlevania Symphony of the Night.

I need a playstation 1 and a copy of Symphony of the Night.

I would be willing to trade

Cabela's Big Game Hunter 2012 bundle (with Cabela's Big Game Hunter 2012 and the Top Shot Elite controller) For Wii

i also have a Tascam US-100 USB Audio Interface
    with PC/Mac compatible software (the DAW is just audacity, but still...and i've never even used the motherfucker.)

I know this is a long shot, but hit me up...if you don't want to trade, maybe i could buy it from you.
    If I were you, look at your local Craigslist or Backpages. Chances are someone is selling this stuff. Also I highly suggest getting a PS2 for old PS1 games.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Alternately, you could buy an original playstation from someone for about ten bucks and just download the game. Used copies start at $25 on Amazon...man, when did old video games suddenly get expensive again?

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Alternately, you could buy an original playstation from someone for about ten bucks and just download the game. Used copies start at $25 on Amazon...man, when did old video games suddenly get expensive again?
    Hey, will an old ps 1 play downloaded games? if that's the case, well goddamn!

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I believe you would need a modchip to be installed on the system for it to play cd-rs.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)

what about this, @virushopper ?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I never liked the swap method. Some people swear by it but I always preferred the mod chip installled as all I have to do is pop the disc in and it works.

I am surprised this guy didn't use a spring on the cover to make the transition easier.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Yeah, you basically just need a little spring in there to keep a button pressed down with the lid opened up (or a toothpick, and just leave it open the whole time).

Once it gets past the first or second official boot screen, it stops looking for security. So put ANY legit disc in, get past those first two loading pages, then pop in a new disc. You can make it easier by using a Gameshark or something, since it stops the disc spinning after those screens. No need to actually bust open your console or hack it.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Yeah, you basically just need a little spring in there to keep a button pressed down with the lid opened up (or a toothpick, and just leave it open the whole time).

Once it gets past the first or second official boot screen, it stops looking for security. So put ANY legit disc in, get past those first two loading pages, then pop in a new disc. You can make it easier by using a Gameshark or something, since it stops the disc spinning after those screens. No need to actually bust open your console or hack it.
    Having the spring will help a lot. I popped open my PS1 yesterday night and saw it was still there.

I don't know if this is true but when you use the legit game disc and swap it out, isn't it damaging that disc in a way? If it is a throwaway game then yeah I get it but just curious.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virushopper View Post
    Having the spring will help a lot. I popped open my PS1 yesterday night and saw it was still there.

I don't know if this is true but when you use the legit game disc and swap it out, isn't it damaging that disc in a way? If it is a throwaway game then yeah I get it but just curious.
    I'd never heard that, but here's the beautiful thing: if you're concerned about the disc you're using, just make an ISO of it first. Then if it ever becomes unplayable, you can just make a new copy and keep playing it via the spring method.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I love old games & own NES, SNES & WII, but i'm not much of a tech wiz... I've just played the systems as such. If there are simplier step-by-step instructions on emulating / Wii mods etc., please do share them.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by davanita View Post
    I love old games & own NES, SNES & WII, but i'm not much of a tech wiz... I've just played the systems as such. If there are simplier step-by-step instructions on emulating / Wii mods etc., please do share them.
    If you can't follow this guide, you should not be modding your console.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Playing this on my android phone right now using MAME4Android.

Marvel/Capcom The Punisher Arcade 1993. Bit laggy though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The past few months I have been playing SNES and Gamecube games a whole bunch, as well as some PS1 games from my childhood. So far I have completed:
    Pikmin
    Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage
    Megaman Legends, Megaman Legends 2, and the Misadventures of Tron Bonne
    Zelda: A Link to the Past
    Super Metroid (for the first time ever)
    Kirby Superstar

and I'm currently playing through the first 3 Soinc games. So much nostalgia and great fun. I love it.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by davanita View Post
    i was scared at first too.
    I used the lego batman game.
    All you have to do is basically download a file from the computer to a flash drive, plug it in to the wii and do some shit on lego batman, and there it is.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Does anyone here know how to make a Gamecube emulator work? I have tried a few but can't figure them out. Would be nice because my cube has been busted for a few years and I have a hankering to play Pikmin again.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icecream View Post
    Does anyone here know how to make a Gamecube emulator work? I have tried a few but can't figure them out. Would be nice because my cube has been busted for a few years and I have a hankering to play Pikmin again.
    This will have you playing Pikmin in no time!

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    This will have you playing Pikmin in no time!
    Nothing wrong with my game, just that my Gamecube is broken. Thanks I guess?

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    i've been spending lots of money on wii games lately, and it occurred to me that it probably wouldn't be that hard to...you know.
    My wii is already soft modded.
    Does anyone know the best way to do this...the best program for playing "back ups" of wii games?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    thanks @liquidcalm . do you know, do you have to have an sd card or can you use a usb stick?

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    I jailbroke (or whatever the word would be) an original PSP to run homebrew software. Originally I thought I was just going to be running emulators, but the homebrew developed for that thing was incredible, especially for some really great portable music making devices. Now, I think most of the effort from those sorts of developers has shifted to develop for iOS and android, but there's still some really amazing gems in there.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    i use homebrew on my wii for emulation.
    i've been spending a lot of money on games lately, and i got to thinking...well, you know...

my wife is really good with electronics so i'm gonna let her do it.

i've already softmodded it so i'm just a couple of steps away.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Does anyone have experience using Dolphin Gamecube emulator?

Just got some of the Star Wars games like Bounty Hunter, Rouge Leader and Rebel Strike that I own already and have played before *cough*, I have first started off with Bounty Hunter and I've got things running ok my main thing is the picture is like bouncing up and down slightly or something and when it does it i notice that it's like going in and out of focus.. it will be crystal clear one moment and then a bit blurry the next that and there's the green lines on the top and bottom. Any idea about that?

EDIT: Apparently the version of Dolphin i got was slightly out of date, i found the 4.0 one but there was a 4.0.2 so i tried that and the picture bouncing seems to be fixed now, still have the green lines but those aren't as big of an issue, i can deal........... now i just have to play around with some of the controls and reverse one of the mappings or something and i should be golden. - totally stoked to play.
    Last edited by thelastdisciple; 03-18-2015 at 12:27 AM.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    Does anyone have experience using Dolphin Gamecube emulator?
    whoa, goddamn, take me to school on this because i haven't found an N64 emulator (to use to back up my vast library of vintage N64 games, ahem) that works, much less a fucking game cube emulator.
    i've had to use the virtual console for anything past the snes, and that costs nintendo fun points or whatever (which it turns out is just money-actual real money, and that sucks)

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    has anyone had any luck with Nintendont, the app for softmodded wiis that allows you to play gamecube games from a USB?
    I can't get it to work and it's driving me nuts.