Thread: 2014.03.08 - Newcastle, Australia @ Entertainment Centre

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2014.03.08 - Newcastle, Australia @ Entertainment Centre

Just returned from the show, what I can remember of the setlist is up at setlist.fm. Much heavier focus on electronics tonight, Ilan didn't touch the drums for most of the first half of the show. Nothing from The Fragile once again which is disappointing but happy to see Vessel live.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I fucked up. expected at 7pm start not 6.30pm. missed the first 20 or so minutes of Nin but taped everything from there onwards. The great destroyer really turned it into an ultimate jizz-fest

Recording to be released soon...

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Who played first. NIN or QOTSA?

Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corona Radiata View Post
    Who played first. NIN or QOTSA?
    Do not post in show date threads unless you were in attendance

It's pretty clear from @Matt Goldfinch 's post that NIN hit the stage first. Either that or the show started extraordinarily early.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Sorry. It's just hard to remember all the dumb rules since this site has the worst organizing of any band forum I've ever posted on.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    NIN played first. They moved the set times up so Brody started at 6:30p.

Nice to hear The Great Destroyer again.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Just looked at the setlist, Turns out I walked in on the opening song towards the end and didn't start recording until the 3rd song onwards.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The Great Destroyer pretty much made my year!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    hey if any of you guys recorded will you be uploading them to reflecting the chrome?

I'd absolutely love to be able to revist two (or one) of my favorite all time bands playing in my back yard!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by streetcleaner89 View Post
    hey if any of you guys recorded will you be uploading them to reflecting the chrome?

I'd absolutely love to be able to revist two (or one) of my favorite all time bands playing in my back yard!
    Hey buddy, I recorded all 3 shows for NiN and will be ploading all of them after editing is completed. DVD thread to follow, so everyone get ready to either upload or send your videos to me for whoever is willing to participate for any of the 3 shows. If you upload to youtube, expect me to rip and credit you

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Set:

Me I'm Not
    Survivalism
    All Time Low
    Sanctified
    Disappointed
    Copy of A
    Find My Way
    Vessel
    The Great Destroyer
    Letting You
    March of the Pigs
    Burn
    Wish
    The Hand That Feeds
    Head Like a Hole
    Hurt

Was a solid set despite the slight disappointment of a lack of TDS tribute for it's 20 year anniversary.
    Thought it was somewhere between the 2 Sydney gigs in terms of quality. 2nd Sydney show was still superior IMO.

Queens were a bit of a mess tonight; Josh was sick (so was Brody) and his mic wasn't working properly for about 5 songs. Having said that they did finish very strongly.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    It was really great to hear Vessel although I was disappointed about the TDS tribute not happening. Can completely understand why it would mentally be difficult to celebrate an album that reflected such a difficult time in his life, but it would have been nice to hear him acknowledge it.

I asked Dean and Dame at the 2 Sydney gigs if TDS thing was happening and they both played coy and didn't say much which gave me hope. Ah well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Goldfinch View Post
    Hey buddy, I recorded all 3 shows for NiN and will be ploading all of them after editing is completed. DVD thread to follow, so everyone get ready to either upload or send your videos to me for whoever is willing to participate for any of the 3 shows. If you upload to youtube, expect me to rip and credit you
    your a king amongst men dude

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by streetcleaner89 View Post
    your a king amongst men dude
    I do my best for the NiN community

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    If you thought we were going to hear TDS in full at this show you are delusional.

These set lists are killing me with their mediocrity too.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Does anyone have an extra used ticket they can spare?
    Either they weren't easy to find where to get a ticket back on the way out, or I was too drunk, or both!