Page 1 of 99 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: NIN with Soundgarden - summer 2014 amphitheatre NA tour

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

NIN with Soundgarden - summer 2014 amphitheatre NA tour

Sooooooooooo I got this email today from Livenation that mentioned a tour date for NIN with Soundgarden in Dallas for August. Of course, the link now appears to be dead. Leak or complete mistake?

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    I have it on good authority, that this is TRUE. Another date is Jones Beach on August 1st.

Could it be because both The Downward Spiral & Superunknown turn 20 on SATURDAY(?!)
    I guess if TR is headlining, then he finally won the battle. (for those who dont remember, Superunknown beat TDS to #1 on Billboard that week and TR had some beef about it)

Quote Originally Posted by frothy_ham View Post
    Sooooooooooo I got this email today from Livenation that mentioned a tour date for NIN with Soundgarden in Dallas for August. Of course, the link now appears to be dead. Leak or complete mistake?

Last edited by halo33; 03-06-2014 at 02:44 PM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Whoa. That is a double bill I want to see.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    So has Chris Cornell forgiven Trent for his comments about Scream?? Ha ha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

NIN with Soundgarden for upcoming US tour?

Hey all, I had a ninnie friend of mine direct my attention to an email that Live Nation sent out today for those who subscribe. I checked it and saw NIN with Soundgarden Aug 17 in Dallas (where I live). The site that the link directs you to no longer works. Live Nation must have jumped the gun, which means a possible tour announcement from the NIN camp soon? I'm hoping so. Here is a cropped image of the email:

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    So has Chris Cornell forgiven Trent for his comments about Scream?? Ha ha
    I know! That’s the first thing I thought of (after “Whoa”).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Oops I just posted the same thing in the NIN tour section. Overlooked this thread. Yeah this will be a show I'll want to see

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Its true. Jones Beach August 1st. Would be cool if they officially announced it on Saturday. (being the 20th anniversary of TDS & Superunknown)

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    MY BODY IS READY

Caps

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Soundgarden sucks.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Fucking Soundgarden loving pigs
    Last edited by Kyle; 03-07-2014 at 12:12 PM.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Also I double checked my deleted email folder. No NIN/Soundgarden Philly date leaked.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Strange. A Houston radio DJ mentioned this a couple of weeks ago, thought he was just confused because they were playing Lollapalooza together in South America. Very cool that it's looking like a real tour though. Will definitely be there.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Take the post down before Trent sees it and cancels the tour because it got leaked.
    Sounds awesome, though.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Also I double checked my deleted email folder. No NIN/Soundgarden Philly date leaked.
    You live in/around Philly? We'll have to meet up at the next near-by show then!

Also, I was watching a video on hip hop dance culture, and "the Carlton" came up and I thought to myself "I wonder if Trent scrapped Everything from the live setlists because he doesn't want the mosh pit to turn into a bunch of skinny vampire goth kids doing The Carlton in unison.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Well, at least we have a clearer indication of when the US shed tour starts.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I'm confused. First the Grammys, and now this?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Not looking forward to how expensive this is probably going to be.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Im hoping this comes stupid close to me, lest it be difficult to afford it! Thankfuly i do get paid 3 times in August...

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I really dig both bands, but never pictured them playing the same night. ALSO:

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Wouldn't be the first time Trent's shit on somebody and repaired the relationship later.

Maybe he'll shit on Soundgarden over Twitter immediately after the tour ends.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    To be fair, though:

“We had a chip on our shoulder about Soundgarden because their record [Superunknown] came out the same day Downward Spiral came out, and they beat us to No. 1 on Billboard. That became a kind of professional showdown. And we did show them.

I really have no personal issue with Chris at all. The thing I said on Twitter… it goes deeper than what have may appeared on the surface. We were on [Interscope]. And I have had Jimmy Iovine, the president of that label, come up to me on every record from With Teeth onwards saying I should do some sort of urban thing — it was Timbaland for a while, then it was Pharrell for a while — because ’that’s how you sell records.’ The idea seemed so preposterous and insulting.

I’m not talking about ’let’s go make a record with Dr. Dre,’ because that would be kind of cool. What he’s talking about is making your record sound like what’s on the radio, whether it’s appropriate or not. And that’s what Chris did. I think that when somebody who is respected like he is goes that route, it sends the message that it’s OK to give up any kind of core values you had to be the fashion of the moment. I don’t think that’s OK. I think it’s harmful. If I have one major fight in the world of the music business, it’s trying to keep art first and commerce second.”

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    To be fair, that Cornell record was incredibly bad.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    My high school self loves the idea of these bands touring together but my adult self feels strange about it. Is this a nineties nostalgia tour? Like when Mötley Crüe and def leopard tour together

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Its real. I was just hoping for a later onsale date than this. Unless that mightve been the error. Figured it might go up in April. L.A. will for sure now cost an arm and a leg with Soundgarden on the bill, blah.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    Its real. I was just hoping for a later onsale date than this. Unless that mightve been the error. Figured it might go up in April. L.A. will for sure now cost an arm and a leg with Soundgarden on the bill, blah.
    So if it's real, that's on sale next weekend... so should we expect the official announcement of the dates tomorrow? They usually release the dates a week before they go on sale. But they still need to do the NIN.com presale, right???? So.... i'm guessing dates tomorrow, NIN.com presale on either Monday the 10th or Tuesday the 11th and General Public sale on Friday the 14th?

Seems kinda rushed to me.

There goes my budget for the month... urgh... hello credit card, let's get in debt again!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    So if it's real, that's on sale next weekend... so should we expect the official announcement of the dates tomorrow? They usually release the dates a week before they go on sale. But they still need to do the NIN.com presale, right???? So.... i'm guessing dates tomorrow, NIN.com presale on either Monday the 10th or Tuesday the 11th and General Public sale on Friday the 14th?

Seems kinda rushed to me.

There goes my budget for the month... urgh... hello credit card, let's get in debt again!
    Maube that was part of the problem. The on sale date was supposed to be march 14 which would have been a part of this email, but it got pushed back a bit and the emails didn't catch up?

i have no inside information at all. Purely speculation but it makes some sense.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I was trying to search the last time NIN & Soundgarden played together (I remember seeing a t-shirt) and stumbled across this:

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    So, what have we pieced together so far...
    Aug 1 - Jones Beach in NY
    Aug 17 - Dallas, TX
    Aug 25 in LA

Hmm... That opens up them to play the Osheaga festival in Montreal (Aug 2-4), which also aligns with Lollapalooza Chicago, but since Nails just played there last year there is almost a 99.99% chance they will probably not be going back to lolla. But Osheaga is very feasible.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    would have preferred a co-headline amphitheatre tour with depeche mode, but Trent seems to be into touring with boring frat rock bands these days (janes/QOTSA and now soundgarden) I guess 2015 will be the co-headline tour with Green Day