Page 34 of 99 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 84 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 2944

Thread: NIN with Soundgarden - summer 2014 amphitheatre NA tour

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Hardest Captchas ever!!! Glad I'm not the only one who had trouble, I was questioning my knowledge of the alphabet for a while. After I don't know 15 tries I finally go tix, but I didn't think they were worth the highest price point as they were 20 rows back and off to the side. Will be going for tix for the Jones Beach and NJ show on Friday, should be fun.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I feel like the only persons who have a right to complain in this board are the users from Ukraine, Russia and Hungary, who got their dates cancelled. Specially Ukraine and Hungary. Homeboys have been waiting for the longest time to see NIN in their homeland. Americans have got it easy in terms of watching shows...two tours in two years. Multiple presales (Soundgarden + NIN's) + the general sale. States with multiple shows. Being a NIN fan in the US is a piece of cake. I honestly think there's something wrong with this country. I remember that the last time this issue came up some other board member brought up the fact that the US is a big country, and I understand that, but I will still say it's a piece of cake to be a NIN fan in the US due to the things I mentioned above. By and large this country gets the best when it comes to NIN: excellent produced shows (LITS, Tension, With Teeth Live) and you guys have also witnessed the varied setlists (NINJA) plus the Wave Goodbye shows.

I currently live in the Pacific North West, but did not grow up in this country. As an outsider, I can tell you there's a phenomenon here (at least in the PNW) of people not being happy with what they have. Several of my coworkers like to bitch and moan about everything, and these people I talk about have a good paying job, wonderful partners, a roof over their heads, excellent health conditions, and food on their plates every day. I don't get it. I see that reflected in this board an awful lot of times.

With this being said, I got two tickets for the Houston date through NIN's presale, section 103, row X. I put the tickets under my brother's name because right now I'm in the process of looking for a different job and that may be somewhere else, maybe in a different country, by the time August comes around. It'd suck to miss the show but it's not the end of the world. I've seen Soundgarden and NIN already, there are other things in life. On the other hand, if I see NIN + Soundgarden in one night, I think I'd kick the bucket right there and then. It'd be too much awesome for me to watch.
    Last edited by cahernandez; 03-17-2014 at 06:26 PM.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I think people in the Ukraine have bigger problems right now. Perspective.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    I think people in the Ukraine have bigger problems right now. Perspective.
    Yeah, that's a little obvious, but still. I believe they never got official word on why the shows were cancelled.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howdidislipinto View Post
    Your hypothetical about it helping scalpers is moot. The fact is, plenty of FANS here got tickets after NIN.com didn't work out because others posted helpful information. Including me. Therefore it's a good thing, no matter what imaginary assholes you imagine are preying here. You're the one brushing aside facts -- like it being publicly available, google-able, and ETS not even being on the front page of results. No one is missing your point, 'cause you aren't actually making one.

wow - you sure told me. What was I thinking trying to share the simple idea of keeping a password pre-sale in the hands of the fans rather than every joe who wants to buy to resell for higher on Stubhub. Cause that rarely ever happens. Just my imagination. Got it. I dont know what I was thinking.

Thanks for the head clearing everyone. You've really done a service to the ETS board putting me in my place when I tried to state a positive suggestion to benefit everyone.

Now you can go back to your regularly scheduled program of listing the ways Trent and Company F's you all with everything that happens in NIN world that you didnt personally approve of first. Sorry for the interruption.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cahernandez View Post
    Yeah, that's a little obvious, but still. I believe they never got official word on why the shows were cancelled.
    When was it? I would assume it was safety reasons but I don't know if it was before the unrest ramped up or not.

Also as someone who was born in this country I still agree completely with everything you said. We joke about #firstworldproblems but it isn't really all a joke. It's a joke to make a point as far as I'm concerned.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Powhatan View Post
    wow - you sure told me. What was I thinking trying to share the simple idea of keeping a password pre-sale in the hands of the fans rather than every joe who wants to buy to resell for higher on Stubhub. Cause that rarely ever happens. Just my imagination. Got it. I dont know what I was thinking.

Thanks for the head clearing everyone. You've really done a service to the ETS board putting me in my place when I tried to state a positive suggestion to benefit everyone.

Now you can go back to your regularly scheduled program of listing the ways Trent and Company F's you all with everything that happens in NIN world that you didnt personally approve of first. Sorry for the interruption.
    Congratulations on completely avoiding the reasons everybody has pointed out that you're wrong.

The he question about why bothering with a password was a valid one. That's it. And the answer to it is probably just for show. If the password is posted everywhere there's nothing private about it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Holy fuck, these Ticketmaster "Platinum" seats are infuriating...does this not defeat the purpose of the NIN OMGbestseatsinthehouse presale??

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Powhatan View Post

I think in the end, you really wanted to benefit yourself more than the group of people on here, how about that? Pretty much all your rambling has amounted to ''dont fucking post the password for everyone who isnt as privelaged as I am, becase I deserve tickets more than they do''.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cahernandez View Post
    Personally, I think it's because Tori Amos is touring many of the same cities on the same exact days and Trent just couldn't bring himself to have the off chance of running into her again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pastthemission View Post
    Holy fuck, these Ticketmaster "Platinum" seats are infuriating...does this not defeat the purpose of the NIN OMGbestseatsinthehouse presale??
    yeah its awful. But then these nin.com presales began long before this ticketmaster-screwing practice did. And at the time the nin presales required a paid membership to the site. Im thankful we still get somthing for "free" from the site.
    What i especially hate is how the ticketmaster website makes it sound like their horrible scalping is endorsed by the artist.
    Last edited by spinz; 03-17-2014 at 08:03 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    can someone tell me if there is another pre-sale or is friday public sale only left?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Melissa A. Veal View Post
    can someone tell me if there is another pre-sale or is friday public sale only left?
    well, its the only presale from nin.com... i dont know if theres other websites still doing anything. But it looks like half of the nin presales havnt sold out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spinz View Post
    well, its the only presale from nin.com... i dont know if theres other websites still doing anything. But it looks like half of the nin presales havnt sold out.
    I'm just hoping that regular sale with release some better tickets???? If not I'm only doing 1 show this tour, which is a shame. I'm not paying the price that I would pay for a pit to be 20 rows back for 2 shows. I'm sorry but I got spoiled last tour and I have turned into a rail snob (which sucks, btw).

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Soundgarden's Facebook says tomorrow at 10am but doesn't say where. the code is NINSG

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm just hoping that regular sale with release some better tickets???? If not I'm only doing 1 show this tour, which is a shame. I'm not paying the price that I would pay for a pit to be 20 rows back for 2 shows. I'm sorry but I got spoiled last tour and I have turned into a rail snob (which sucks, btw).
    yeah being on the rail is cool, but for these venues 20 rows back is still really good. Prices are still similar for 60+ rows back.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ihatecrayons View Post
    Managed to get Section 102 Row F Seat 9 for Tinley when I was trying right at noon earlier somehow, which is apparently the first row right behind the fabled Platinum Seats on Livenation, so while they'll be paying about $425~ per ticket not including fees in the row directly in front of me, I'll have paid $112. The platinum seats are bullshit though, aren't the NIN presales supposed to have the "best" tickets available? I'm just happy to have a good ticket at this point, but damn.
    Wow! Congrats! Wish I understood how this all worked... I was right there at noon, too, but both my friend and I did not have the P1 luck. The SG presale really does seem like the way to go, but there's no way to know for sure, so we're all ending up with random tickets all over the place. Sheesh.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by billpulsipher View Post
    Kiss and Def Leppard just announced a summer tour, so believe it or not, there is actually older/more washed up bands than Soundgarden touring this summer..Shocked Trent didn't ring up Def Leppard since he's so into rock and roll bands these days
    FYI - Tickets for that show = $175 each. And we thought $100 was bad?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spinz View Post
    yeah being on the rail is cool, but for these venues 20 rows back is still really good. Prices are still similar for 60+ rows back.
    I hope you are right. I'm 13 rows back on the right side. I'm just afraid my seats will suck and I won't enjoy the show. It has happened before with other bands.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Trying to decide if I should buy leftover seats from the presale for the Bristow show, or if I should wait it out for the public sale...

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Sabbath View Post
    Trying to decide if I should buy leftover seats from the presale for the Bristow show, or if I should wait it out for the public sale...
    As long as you can log in right at sale, I'd personally wait.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I guess I'll hold off. I'm mainly worried about trying to get a pit ticket for Camden. Anything after that I can try later.

We'll see. I don't want to pass this time around, but the way it's looking, I just might.

Why no GA, Trent?

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    Personally, I think it's because Tori Amos is touring many of the same cities on the same exact days and Trent just couldn't bring himself to have the off chance of running into her again.
    Nah, I think that Tori and Trent are cool now.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I hope you are right. I'm 13 rows back on the right side. I'm just afraid my seats will suck and I won't enjoy the show. It has happened before with other bands.
    You're 13 rows back from the stage without GA? Those sound like excellent seats. I know that people like the floor for various reasons, but those seats are better than anything non-rail in a regular arena GA in my opinion, and way way way better than any seat in an arena.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by m15a View Post
    You're 13 rows back from the stage without GA? Those sound like excellent seats. I know that people like the floor for various reasons, but those seats are better than anything non-rail in a regular arena GA in my opinion, and way way way better than any seat in an arena.
    Yeah. I'm not center though, stage right. You are from Wilmington? I use to live there!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If a section is completely "sold out" for today's presale are we safe to say that none will be available for regular public sale? Or maybe some will be available just curious....

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    If a section is completely "sold out" for today's presale are we safe to say that none will be available for regular public sale? Or maybe some will be available just curious....
    The tickets on sale during presale are a very small amount of the total tickets available.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Small portion of tickets are sold during pre-sale. Relax, you should be fine as long as your trying to get tix as soon as they go on sale Friday.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Yeah. I'm not center though, stage right. You are from Wilmington? I use to live there!
    I've actually never been that close in a seat in an amphitheater (been far back a few times), but I it's gotta be better than an arena just because the seats are actually set up to see the stage.

Yup, I'm from Wilmington. Well, I live here, but just moved here a year and a half ago.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    I think that the Soundgarden presage was slightly better than the NIN presale.

Also, KROQ's presale for Hollywood or Irvine is Wednesday, 10am. Pass: KROQNIN
    Last edited by Charmingly Miserable; 03-17-2014 at 10:53 PM.