Page 30 of 99 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 80 ... LastLast

Thread: NIN with Soundgarden - summer 2014 amphitheatre NA tour

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    It's $550 EACH (they force you to buy two at that price... can't buy just one $550 ticket)
    Last edited by jessamineny; 03-17-2014 at 12:56 PM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anomander View Post
    550 for two tickets that close isn't bad imho
    It is when you can usually buy them through pre-sale for $100.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealNs1 View Post
    we've all been there ^_^
    Yeah, just no presale for the first time...now I don't feel like part of the gang...: sniff, sniff: LOL

Oh yeah, no pretty ticket stock...AAWWWW CRAP!! (Double bummer!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Read the quantity thing wrong...fuck that

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    It's $550 EACH (they force you to buy two at that price... can't buy just one $550 ticket)
    Might be different for different shows, but Toronto is actually showing $495 row B, $445 row D (of what would be the pit).
    So you can save $50. WOO!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    You know what would've been nice? If the NIN/SG camps would've hinted as to what this tour is all about- Co-headling, is there a coin flip?, who gets stage time, etc.
    It's a co-headline tour, from how it is notated on the NIN tour page - both bands share equal billing.

Also, frequent concertgoing experience and the ticket time of the Camden show suggest to me the following:

6:00 doors
    7:00 opening band - Death Grip? (30 minute set)
    8:00 band #1 (probably Soundgarden - 75 minute set)
    9:45 band #2 (probably NIN -75 minute set)

This assumes that I am remembering Camden's weeknight curfew time correctly (11:00 p.m.). I assume the schedule will be similar for the other venues.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    Might be different for different shows, but Toronto is actually showing $495 row B, $445 row D (of what would be the pit).
    So you can save $50. WOO!
    If you click the "buy button" you'll see that it charges you $495 per ticket, for a total of $990. It's giving you two seat locations because you'll be forced to buy them both

Edit: Either you edited your post right before I quoted it, or I hallucinated
    Last edited by jessamineny; 03-17-2014 at 01:05 PM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    If you click the "buy button" you'll see that it charges you $495 per ticket, for a total of $990. It's giving you two seat locations because you'll be forced to buy them both
    Wow, being forced to buy two makes it even more bullshit.
    In the past, premium seats were always a thing, but have they ever blocked off the entire front of the venue before?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Captcha much better than in the practice rounds. 8th row Red Rocks. I have wanted to see a show there my whole life....worth the drive through Nebraska to get there......

Now to fucking breathe.....

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealNs1 View Post
    i'm sure some ETS member would be more than happy to trade with you when the time came...
    That's true! If it's still unsure by the week of the concert I guess I'll just trade phone numbers with some ETS members who are seated further back

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Catching up on all of these posts this morning re: the pre-sale and I'm really nervous now. I'm trying to get tickets to four shows, all of which have to go on sale at noon PST. Why couldn't they spread out the pre-sales over multiple days? Or do a multi-show pass on NIN.com for those of us that want to get tickets for more than one stop on the tour. Get on that Trent, save us diehards from having a stroke/heart attack/gastritis.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Section 2,Row N, Seat 23 for the show at the Isleta Amphitheater, Albuquerque, NM. Would've preferred a show somewhere closer to where I live in MN, but my Dad lives in El Paso and that's 4 hours (give or take) from Albuquerque and since I owed my Dad a visit thought I'd fly down there and see a show at the same time. Way better seating that at Excel Energy Center too, I got absolutely screwed on that show, way right of the stage (stage left), horrible view but good show. Hoping this will be way better, never even been to NM before

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wch1208 View Post
    Captcha much better than in the practice rounds. 8th row Red Rocks. I have wanted to see a show there my whole life....worth the drive through Nebraska to get there......

Someday I hope to see NIN there, because of how beautiful the venue looks. As a nature person, the idea alone makes me drool.
    Enjoy your show!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Had Row 3, then it decided the captcha verification wasn't going to work...ended up with Row 20 but man, what a joke.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wch1208 View Post

^^^ Row 13, and RR's is a must. And yeah, heart rate needs to go down a bit right now otherwise I'm not making any of these shows.

What a clusterfuck!!! Got screwed by captha, TM on my PC AND iPad froze for some reason. About 10 minutes in and gave up and decided to use the TM app. Row 13 can't complain, a bit too far off center but whatever.
    Last edited by Krazy; 03-17-2014 at 01:19 PM.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Wow. Red Rocks actually has great prices: $112.25 and $86.20...but no tickets were left by the time I was able to get the Captcha to work.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by klyrish View Post
    Wow. Red Rocks actually has great prices: $112.25 and $86.20...but no tickets were left by the time I was able to get the Captcha to work.
    Check TM-might have some left and don't give up for about 30 minutes.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Still great tickets from the Soundgarden presale on ticketmaster. MYWAVE is the password.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    After almost 30 shows, I am finally going to see them at Red Rocks... Row 11. But took 3 stabs at Captcha. #$%! IT!!!

... and here I was raving at how amazingly smooth the pre-sale ticket purchase, check in and overall experience was on the last tour. This Captcha headache started this off on a bad foot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    After several practice rounds......and one live round.....i will share this. If you are not 100% certain on the Captcha....request another. So many people are trying and failing on the first ones if they are hard, it is worth the time to get one you are confident on. If you strike out and are sold out....and try for another tier of tickets, the captcha will stay the same.....

And yes, Sick among the Pure......kick ass hiking and NIN in the mountains......i can feel it already

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I already posted my NIN/Bowie experience, but I also saw Smashing Pumpkins in 2000 in an amphitheater in San Diego. It was all seats with no GA pit. I had third or fourth row from the stage, far right. In reality, nobody in the lower section was anywhere near their seats, the front row was at least three or four people deep and I was one person from the rail dead center.

If you get to a show where there's no pit and the people in the closest section are actually in their seats, start a damn riot, because those people are too old to be front row at a rock concert anyway.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Holy cow. Red Rocks has the Platinum Reserved deal:

I didn't get anything through NIN.com as their inventory dried up pretty quick, but scored my tickets through Ticketmaster. I'll likely have an extra single in row 6 towards the center since I pulled a row 4 semi-center shortly after.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)

Yeah, go to TM dude- still available using MYWAVE code.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    i'm flabbergasted the way this presale thing is turning out, but much thanks to the eastcoasters sharing their experiences so the westcoasters have better odds.

@wch, great tip.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninhead007 View Post
    Section 2,Row N, Seat 23 for the show at the Isleta Amphitheater, Albuquerque, NM. Would've preferred a show somewhere closer to where I live in MN, but my Dad lives in El Paso and that's 4 hours (give or take) from Albuquerque and since I owed my Dad a visit thought I'd fly down there and see a show at the same time. Way better seating that at Excel Energy Center too, I got absolutely screwed on that show, way right of the stage (stage left), horrible view but good show. Hoping this will be way better, never even been to NM before
    See you there. I'm Sec 2 Row N Seat 24

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Managed to get Section 102 Row F Seat 9 for Tinley when I was trying right at noon earlier somehow, which is apparently the first row right behind the fabled Platinum Seats on Livenation, so while they'll be paying about $425~ per ticket not including fees in the row directly in front of me, I'll have paid $112. The platinum seats are bullshit though, aren't the NIN presales supposed to have the "best" tickets available? I'm just happy to have a good ticket at this point, but damn.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I wouldn't mind if the nin.com presale just said $600 Front Row Center, $500 Front Row, $400 Second Row, etc, but it's pretty fucked up that the best tickets are no longer even offered through the "Fan Club".

Quote Originally Posted by musictoday
    Oh, you're a fan? Here, have some shitty seats. No refunds. Thanks for being a fan!

Benefit comparison
    GA Seats
    • Ticket number doesn't matter
    • Internet speed doesn't matter
    • Line ride for best position, with risk of line-cutting
    • Sleeping in line to see shows on consecutive nights
    • The best positions cannot be reserved
    • Stress occurs when lining up
    • Being close to the front risks bruises, elbows, etc
    • If there is someone tall in front of you, you can move
    • If the person beside you stinks, you can move
    • Mosh pit, energy, "the push"
    • Sitting on the floor during the breaks, standing during the concert
    • Leaving for bathroom/beer is risky at best
    • Once inside, your ticket buddy can go where-ever
    • Ticket number is important
    • Faster internet = better seat
    • No need to line up, line cutting irrelevant
    • No rush between consecutive shows
    • The best positions are sold for higher price
    • Stress occurs when buying ticket
    • Being close to the front is safe
    • If there is someone tall in front of you, you're fucked
    • If the person beside you stinks, you're fucked
    • Rows of chairs separating everyone.
    • Sitting in a seat during the breaks, standing during the concert
    • Bathroom/beer at any point during the concert
    • Once inside, your ticket buddy is beside you all night

Are there any other benefits to seats that I'm missing? Sitting for NINJA sucked.

I'm trying to look on the bright side, but it's not really happening, as I personally don't care about any of the seating "benefits".
    Last edited by camebackhaunted; 03-17-2014 at 01:52 PM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Anyone know what the Facebook presale or live Nation presale entails? Will they require passwords?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    LiveNation in Atlanta now has the "pick your seats" option available. Lots of good seats still available. The 101 section, which is always the Pit, is showing seats. I'm still skeptical that will be seats though....

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I keep doing the Captcha thing on another city - over and over - just to test. More times than not - I cant even read all the letters - not even in the slightest - and of the times I CAN - I still get it wrong sometimes.
    Its the hardest one Ive ever seen.

Seriously - who designs this crap? Do they have their head up their rear?
    Last edited by Powhatan; 03-17-2014 at 01:42 PM.