Page 22 of 99 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 72 ... LastLast

Thread: NIN with Soundgarden - summer 2014 amphitheatre NA tour

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FernandoDante View Post
    Not really, but I assume the person must at least dislike Soundgarden quite a bit. Billpulsipher (whatever his name is) would probably put them in the same league and take it seriously.
    I wish the list was real, because we could all be dejected that "Pussygrinder" was almost a real thing.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    I'm a little surprised at the $145 price tag for the Planet Hollywood gig. Both of the Hard Rock shows were $75 for NIN & an opener, so I would have expected it to be closer to 100 for NIN+SG. I guess the extra $45 is just the cost for being surrounded by images of Britney Spears.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FernandoDante View Post
    Not really, but I assume the person must at least dislike Soundgarden quite a bit. Billpulsipher (whatever his name is) would probably put them in the same league and take it seriously.
    I would put them in the same league as stone temple pilots and dear old Richard patricks band Filter, as washed up 90s bands

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ericy210 View Post
    Where is the proof Death Grips is opening, or is it just a rumor? I hope they're there!
    It says it on their Facebook page.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Random thought. I really hope NIN brings some type of production to this tour. Not expecting LITS but if anyone caught the Summer '06 tour (probably their most underrated tour) you can see what can be done by them without having 4 screens.

We we all like the music but the lighting/production/visuals is definitely what makes a NIN show "fun" and more of an experience than just a typical concert. Also wouldn't mind adding another musician.

Fuck I feel bad for typing that for the people across the pond that are huge fans and can't see them in any shape or form. :P

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Powhatan View Post
    All in all its NOT expensive for a leased bowl show. Not at all.

Some examples:

Atoms for Peace last year (leased show) were 100 for Terrace box - not sure how much more Garden boxes were but they are usually more.

Motley Crue (a leased event) is $194 for a box seat this year there. (just looked).

Xx box seats last year was way cheaper - because it was a La Phil sponsored show.

In 2007 I had regular seats BEHIND the boxes for The Cure and that was 108 per ticket.

In 2005 Sigur Ros was 110 for Terrace boxes. That was almost 10 years ago.

So no more bitching about Hollywood Bowl prices for this show. This is 2 big headliner bands.

You CAN bring food and drink into leased events - just not GLASS or aluminum cans. No alcohol. You can still bring a picnic basket (I did for the last NIN show there and I brought in the same for Atoms For Peace last fall (leased show).
    $92 for Atoms for Peace via their presale, and it was the same price for Garden and Pool. Sigur Ros wasnt $110 for one ticket, it was the price for a pair. ( I looked at my ticketmaster order and it was $58 for a single ticket in Terrace)

Depeche Mode in 2009 was $200 for the front. Last week Linkin Park and 30 Seconds to Mars went on sale at the Bowl and its $170 for the front. Thats a tour where theyre trying to get all the money possible out of their fans.

and in a few months, the prime seats for NIN/Soundgarden will be auctioned off to "benefit" the Los Angeles Philharmonic Foundation. So do not get too upset when you cannot get center Garden seats up front tomorrow and the rest of the week.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Random thought. I really hope NIN brings some type of production to this tour. Not expecting LITS but if anyone caught the Summer '06 tour (probably their most underrated tour) you can see what can be done by them without having 4 screens.

We we all like the music but the lighting/production/visuals is definitely what makes a NIN show "fun" and more of an experience than just a typical concert. Also wouldn't mind adding another musician.

Fuck I feel bad for typing that for the people across the pond that are huge fans and can't see them in any shape or form. :P
    I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking exactly that.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    How are people already getting to the Musictoday page with listings with pricing? I don't see a link from within the NIN.com page, and when clicking on the link on the last page, I got an error since I didn't pass through the NIN.com page. I remember this last time from the fall tour onsale, but I don't remember the workaround.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trollmanen View Post
    How are people already getting to the Musictoday page with listings with pricing? I don't see a link from within the NIN.com page, and when clicking on the link on the last page, I got an error since I didn't pass through the NIN.com page. I remember this last time from the fall tour onsale, but I don't remember the workaround.
    If you're logged into your account, go to the tour page and click the pre-sale link for the Toulouse, France show. That will give you the cookie to access the pricing page.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Thanks! Looks like both VA shows top out at $99 (pit I presume) and they're both two hours from Richmond. I'm only doing one show so I'll probably go for the Bristow show. I'm not excited about the other bands, and with tickets being what they are, my days of hitting multiple shows are over. Plus, seeing them in Philly at MIA Fest and DC in the fall, I've had my fix.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    $92 for Atoms for Peace via their presale, and it was the same price for Garden and Pool. Sigur Ros wasnt $110 for one ticket, it was the price for a pair. ( I looked at my ticketmaster order and it was $58 for a single ticket in Terrace)

Depeche Mode in 2009 was $200 for the front. Last week Linkin Park and 30 Seconds to Mars went on sale at the Bowl and its $170 for the front. Thats a tour where theyre trying to get all the money possible out of their fans.

and in a few months, the prime seats for NIN/Soundgarden will be auctioned off to "benefit" the Los Angeles Philharmonic Foundation. So do not get too upset when you cannot get center Garden seats up front tomorrow and the rest of the week.
    crap - you were right about Sigur Ros - I was just quickly looking at old emails.
    STILL - those are way smaller acts - Sigur Ros didnt even come CLOSE to selling out the venue - to say NIN/Soundgarden price is really high for that venue is just not right. That was my point.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    I'm a little surprised at the $145 price tag for the Planet Hollywood gig. Both of the Hard Rock shows were $75 for NIN & an opener, so I would have expected it to be closer to 100 for NIN+SG. I guess the extra $45 is just the cost for being surrounded by images of Britney Spears.
    isnt this the venue that was just redone and re-opened since that last show?

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    I have a bad feeling about this pit business. After doing some research on the venue in Toronto, it appears it swings both ways depending on the show. Here I thought it was all GA, but there is an option to have the "GA pit" area turned into seats for some shows, where some others it is removed. I have a feeling Trent wants full blown seats for all the venue's this time around and has removed the up front pit area and it is all going to be seats. That would explain why on the musictoday presale page all the venues only say "reserved pavillion and GA Lawn" on them.

For example, on ticketmaster, if you look up other events playing at the Molson Amphitheatre, you'll see that Arcade Fire and Arctic Monkey's have an open floor, but Motley Crue and Linoel Richie don't, the "floor" area has been replaced with 100 level seating. Dare I say that a newer / younger band will open the floor but a seasoned rocker wants seats now?

I don't wanna be the one that has to say this, but I will... it seems that NIN may finally be showing their age if Trent chose an all seated arrangement. He just crossed the line from out of control rock n roll show to nice and orderly seating that everyone can smile and nod their head to in their own little 2 foot bubble area.

I don't care what anyone says, there is NO such thing as being too old for rocking out on the floor. I have a friend my age (30) who refuses to get floor for shows anymore.
    Keeps saying he's "too old" for the floor and needs his seat. Too old!? I see old men with grey beards rocking out in the pit / floor area of shows. There is no such a thing as "too old" age is just a number. I feel the same I did 10 years ago.

Damn... that sucks. I really wanted a floor ticket. Well, i'm prepairing myself for disappointment come tomorrow when I see it's all seats. It'll be easy to swallow that way.
    I hope all this complaining/worrying was for nothing come tomorrow morning when tickets go on sale and i discover a nice option to buy GA floor tickets.
    Last edited by ManBurning; 03-17-2014 at 01:14 AM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    ^^^don't forget they're joint headliners so there's two bands wishes to take into consideration

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    38 and I still love my floor seats. I don't like it when it gets excessively violent but I didn't when I was younger either.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    As someone who is going to the Toronto show, and presumed there would be a pit, as I've been to 20+ shows at the Amp and have never once seen the pit with seats, I'm torn.

On one hand, I completely agree, your never too old to rock out. It's fun to be up and moving and loose and not be confined to the small area that is your seat. There can be an energy in the pit that is unmatched, regardless of whether or not you like to mosh or jump up and down. I'm older and tire much easier these days, but still generally prefer GA, especially at the ACC shows I attend.

On the other, I am more than ok with a seated only venue if the set list calls for it. Much like Maynard's Puscifer shows. If it has some instrumental album tracks, Ghosts, stuff from TSN/DT, TR on the piano, or some bridge school style rendition of tracks, then I'm ALL for that. But I'm all but certain we're going to get the Wish, HLAH, THTF, Survivalism, Gave Up traditional festival style setlist. Which I'm fine with. But I'd probably rather the pit for that. But as someone who is midly ok with Soundgarden but not a huge fan by any stretch, it would probably be pretty nice to be seated for their set, so I can be fully energized once TR hits the stage.

So yeah, whatever happens happens. I won't take it to be some statement one way or the other. Pros and cons is all.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    If I attend a show on this tour, it'll be my 15th NIN show and out of the 14 I have attended, only once have I ever been in seats (Edmonton 2005) and it was a last minute decision while waiting in the spiral pre-sale line. I had a floor ticket, but I started to not feel well, so I trade with a kid who really wanted floor. He gave me some extra cash for it as well. I was a little worried about the pit at the show because Edmonton crowds are psycho (they are the most violent pits in North America), so I felt it was better to not risk it and take the seat. The end verdict? Wasn't the same... Just wasn't the same. Swore off ever being in a seat at a NIN show from that day on.

Ironically, the barrier broke that show. The band had to stop playing and security tried to get 5000+ people on the floor to take a good 10-15 foot step back or the show wasn't going to continue. Took about 30 mins to get that many rowdy fans on the floor to cooperate, they fixed the barrier and the show went on.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ericy210 View Post
    Where is the proof Death Grips is opening, or is it just a rumor? I hope they're there!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    All this talk of amphitheater pits is taking me back to the Bowie tour. I saw it an amphitheater venue (coca cola starlake amphitheater outside of Pittsburgh). Me and my buddy got lawn tickets. We sat up there and watched Prick. For those who weren't there, during the time between Prick and NIN, every couple minutes or so, a smoke machine would spit out smoke and nobody thought anything of it because it kept happening. But at one point undercover of the smoke machine, Chris Vrenna would sneak behind the drum kit and just start playing the opening drums to Terrible Lie and the band would just run out on stage and start. No warning at all. It's why almost all bootlegs from that tour are missing the very beginning of the song. It also meant the ticket checkers at the opening of the next section were completely overwhelmed and we (and plenty others) just ran right past them. The people blocking the entrance to the pit were much more in control and we couldn't get past them but it didn't matter. We all just moshed in the aisles. Only break was when the paramedics came to take care of someone during Wish. The people in that general area were respectful of that. Otherwise though it was chaos. In the aisles, which were steps even. I'm not surprised someone was injured. I had a scar on my arm for years from that which I can't find anymore (it wasn't very big but I wore it with pride). The looks on the baby boomers faces who just wanted to find their seats to watch David Bowie were priceless. Some of them were angry. Others downright terrified. Then when Bowie took the stage and NIN left, so did half the crowd so me and my friend found an empty pair of seats and sat down and enjoyed the rest of the show.

Moral of the story? If there's no pit, just mosh in the aisles. Ignoring the fact that most of us are closer in age to the baby boomers in the above story than the mosh pit.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    If you're logged into your account, go to the tour page and click the pre-sale link for the Toulouse, France show. That will give you the cookie to access the pricing page.
    You caught me!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Also about the time of the Bowie tour was also when I discovered this internet thing. I found out that Chris Vrenna was from Erie, just like the friend in that above story. So I asked him if he knew him. Rough paraphrasing.

Him: I don't know a Chris in particular but I know the family. They're a bunch of inbred hicks. Why? Do you know him? Don't tell me you're related to him or something.
    me: he's the drummer for nine inch nails.
    Him: really? (Pause) y'know I could see one of them being friends with Trent Reznor. I'm not surprised.

I think at that point I got out my VHS of all the NIN videos and Broken movie and watched the MOTP video since it probably gave the best look at Chris of any NIN videos.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    The thought of sitting down at a NIN show makes me fucking depressed! I've only ever sat at jazz or classical shows. That makes sense to me.

Geez...

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    I updated the Google Map of the tour:

https://mapsengine.google.com/map/ed...I.kAnL9kWlE8xU

Quote Originally Posted by Powhatan View Post
    isnt this the venue that was just redone and re-opened since that last show?
    No. Different venues.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by billpulsipher View Post
    I would put them in the same league as stone temple pilots and dear old Richard patricks band Filter, as washed up 90s bands
    Wow I remembered your username just right.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Anyone know how often ticketmaster updates their website?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Happy pre-sale day everybody. I'm 35 years old, and it may be a little ridiculous at this point in my life, but there's very little that makes me feel as anxious and excited as knowing I'll be refreshing a website hoping for pit tickets to a NIN show in a couple of hours. Ahh, anticipation.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I only get mad if there's GA and I can't get in... If there's no GA so be it... [hopes for GA]
    I've only witnessed one show at Jones Beach NY where they actually have had GA though, so I'm not getting my hopes up.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thatguymark View Post
    Happy pre-sale day everybody. I'm 35 years old, and it may be a little ridiculous at this point in my life, but there's very little that makes me feel as anxious and excited as knowing I'll be refreshing a website hoping for pit tickets to a NIN show in a couple of hours. Ahh, anticipation.
    If it's ridiculous for you, how must it be for me? I have 20 years on you!

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thatguymark View Post
    I'm 34 and can relate.

I've seen NIN 8x and Soundgarden once, so it's not quite as thrilling. Still, this tour will be awesome.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    I just wish someone would put this whole "2 tickets or 4 tickets" max thing to rest. I'm anxious about that because it's kinda a big deal if you try to go for 3, and it's like "lol no max 2" and then the 2 you would have gotten if you had known to only go for 2 are taken by the time it says that.