Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (No spoilers)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Been hearing some negative things about it...
    Yeah, that's what's stopping me along with video play throughs I've watched on Youtube.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    And, after the thing's I've heard and read, and now seeing it's going to be free to play makes me a little weary of it. Probably going to pass on this one

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    The Elder Scrolls Online is coming to XB1/PS4 on June 9th and it will be free-to-play instead of requiring monthly subscription on top of your PSN Plus or Xbox Live Gold subscriptions. The new free-to-play version will launch for PC on March 17. I had quite a bit of experience as a beta tester last year and spent several months later playing it on PC. In my opinion, it was released too soon. It had a lot of problems. However, Zenimax has done a lot of work to rectify many of them and get it ready for the console releases later this year. If you like MMORPGs then it's definitely worth your time. What it absolutely is not is a completely immersive RPG experience like the Elder Scrolls series of games by Bethesda Studios (i.e. Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim). I'll toss Fallout 3 in there as well since it was also made by Bethesda and is of the same vein. You cannot have those kind of experiences in an MMO world for obvious reasons. If you want that, wait on Bethesda to release Fallout 4 or Elder Scrolls VI. There's also the massively huge modded remake of Morrowind called Skywind that looks awesome and is coming out hopefully by the end of this year. Or you could just play the new Witcher game that's about to come out. Anyway, yeah.... ESO is not a bad MMO at all. In fact, it's pretty damn good. Enjoy...

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Around a few years ago a friend gave me a copy of Skyrim for PS3, and I finally started it yesterday. To someone who’s never played elder scrolls games before, anyone have any helpful tips to keep in mind?

Going in blind, I’m kind of expecting this to be like Fallout 3, but with dragons instead of deathclaws and magic instead of a pip-boy.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Channard View Post
    Around a few years ago a friend gave me a copy of Skyrim for PS3, and I finally started it yesterday. To someone who’s never played elder scrolls games before, anyone have any helpful tips to keep in mind?

Going in blind, I’m kind of expecting this to be like Fallout 3, but with dragons instead of deathclaws and magic instead of a pip-boy.
    I haven't played it for a while on my Xbox 360 but when I did I played it quite a lot. I would say my number one tip is to get good with bow and arrow (range weapons) as it's really the only way to take down dragons (which you start seeing a lot of as the game goes on). The main quest is OK but side missions are great. Mix them up. Don't be afraid to explore (I hardly ever used fast travel). Enjoy!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sentient02970 View Post
    I would say my number one tip is to get good with bow and arrow (range weapons) as it's really the only way to take down dragons (which you start seeing a lot of as the game goes on)... Enjoy!
    Thanks for the tip. The game is fun, but I kind of suck at it so far. Still trying to figure out the workings of a lot of shit really (leveling, skill trees, weapon upgrading, using magic at all, etc.). And whenever it’s time to fight, my brain seems hardwired to go into Dark Souls mode which doesn’t help things.

But yeah, I’ve dropped two dragons so far with my bow.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Gah! I think I fucked something up somehow and now the guards in Markarth will not allow me to move an inch around the city without locking me up in a dialogue loop. The only way out I can find is to fight and kill all the guards, which is difficult to do and has driven up my bounty astronomically, and they all just respawn anyway forcing another showdown the next visit. This is one fucked up glitch.
    Last edited by Dr Channard; 11-30-2015 at 11:44 AM. Reason: Oops. Markarth, not Riften.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

OK so got a new computer, one that could potentially actually run Skyrim unlike my last one. 3060, i7, 32GB ram, SSD. Anyway, I went to Steam to install it and noticed that there isn't any DLC available except for the soundtrack. I could download the game again - small victories - and the Hi-Res texture DLC that I somehow had* but that was it. Is this fallout (lol) from the MS purchase?

*why would I buy that texture pack if the game could barely run as-is on the old machine? mysteries.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

you can fish now?