Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16

Thread: King Crimson

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Meanwhile, the solo band Adrian is touring with right now plays a lot of Crimson songs that he co-wrote during his tenure, which is well worth seeing.
    Oh man, I would love to. In fact, 'Three of a Perfect Pair' from his live album Side Four is my favorite version of this song.

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Fuck me running, the Heaven and Earth box set is coming out very soon and this PDF tracklisting is 102 pages long. That is insanity!
    Last edited by botley; 06-05-2019 at 06:45 AM.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Panegyric putting out new limited runs of each of the 40th Anniversary box sets (with presumably an exception to the original ITCOTCK box). Hopefully this can bring down some of the prices for the ones I don't have yet, particularly Sailor's Tale.

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    In Bill's absence, Jakko says he'll be playing some keyboards this year (as well as singing lead, playing guitar and sometimes flute too!)...

Mentioned
    372 Post(s)
    my Heaven + Earth box set shipped a few days ago! I CAN'T FUCKING WAIT

Mentioned
    372 Post(s)

oh my god. i'm only just finishing up The ReconstruKction Of Light in 5.1 and i'm already blown away. besides all the new drums provided by pat mastelotto, the whole of the album sounds completely different than the one that came out in 2000 and kicked off my KC obsession. i'm hearing parts i didn't even know existed, and the emotional quality of the songs shines through in a way it definitely never did before. i can't wait to plow through the rest of the enormous amount of content in this box, particularly the ProjeKcts, as i've none​ of that material.

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    I'm getting DEEP into the ProjeKcts Vol. I Blu-ray today, after quickly spinning the remastered Happy With EP and watching Trey's charming studio tour video on the third Blu-ray disc. PJ Crook's striking cover painting "Nocturne" at full size is really beautiful. The booklet is rich in detail and unexpected revelations. I like how they kept the maps motif going from the packaging of the Sailors' Tales box, too. Very, very happy with this so far! A truly monumental collection of material, there's dozens of hours of live shows here... mostly all improvised.
    Last edited by botley; 06-08-2019 at 03:13 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Happy to finally have the studio catalog on Spotify. Making my way through all the studio releases. Made it through Red. So far the only non-ITCOTCK album that has stuck out to me has been Red. Any recommended favorites?

If you had to make a playlist of the "best of" the studio tracks, what would you put on it? Or is that heresy? Or am I going to be told to just go listen to a live show? haha.

I'm determined to give all of it a listen and work my way through it all, but for those that are bigger fans, just curious about favorites (from what's available on Spotify) and any recommendations you all could offer.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Red is an Amazing Album... I really love the 80s line up and albums. Frame by Frame i guess sums up that era the best in my mind...

Mentioned
    372 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    Happy to finally have the studio catalog on Spotify. Making my way through all the studio releases. Made it through Red. So far the only non-ITCOTCK album that has stuck out to me has been Red. Any recommended favorites?

If you had to make a playlist of the "best of" the studio tracks, what would you put on it? Or is that heresy? Or am I going to be told to just go listen to a live show? haha.

I'm determined to give all of it a listen and work my way through it all, but for those that are bigger fans, just curious about favorites (from what's available on Spotify) and any recommendations you all could offer.
    my personal fav albums:
    larks tongues in aspic
    red
    discipline & beat
    the (re)construKction of light (sadly not on streaming yet, but wait for it, don't bother listening to the original version because the new version is just unbelievably good)

that said, my FAVORITE king crimson thing to listen to is USA. there are a few different variations (and i'm not sure any of them are on spotify/streaming) but honestly they're all good.

if i had to make a playlist of all of my favorite songs? oof...let's go chronologically and only one or two from each album
    21st century schizoid man
    pictures of a city
    the lizard suite
    sailor's tale
    the letters
    easy money
    LTIA part II
    the great deceiver
    lament
    fallen angle
    one more red nightmare
    frame by frame