Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Alessandro Cortini (Blindoldfreak, Sonoio, Skarn, & other projects)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    It's one of those things. I have an enormous list of shit I want and I'm not sure how high up the list this actually is. I'll give it a little thought

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Much needed re-press of the record that started the Forse series. A red vinyl version is available on opaque red to differentiate it from the transparent red first pressing.
    More info on the Forse 1 repress. Starts shipping next week.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

From Facebook:
    a taste of the wonderful visual work that will accompany the Risveglio/Sonno shows, courtesy of www.seancurtispatrick.com

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Al_Hunter View Post
    It's one of those things. I have an enormous list of shit I want and I'm not sure how high up the list this actually is. I'll give it a little thought
    I caved. Stupidly though, I didn't realise they still had Forse 3 so didn't order it. I've emailed to see if they'll do me a deal on combined shipping for Forse 1 and 3 to the UK but haven't heard back yet

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Both sealed.
    Sonno is on clear vinyl.
    Risveglio is probably on white vinyl.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by laci View Post

Both sealed.
    Sonno is on clear vinyl.
    Risveglio is probably on white vinyl.
    I'm curious about this - why would you buy vinyl but never play it? What do you get out of it? Not attacking anyone for it, it's just something I don't understand.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    ^
    I don't have a record player yet, but I love the format.
    I buy a lot of records for future listening, but I keep the rare records sealed for now.

I really don't know... I just love them being sealed. On the other hand, I buy a lot of old Beatles / Stones records as well and love their hoariness and smell.
    So, it was a fucking hard question to answer, but I know what you think when you see someone like me.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by laci View Post
    ^
    I don't have a record player yet, but I love the format.
    I buy a lot of records for future listening, but I keep the rare records sealed for now.

I really don't know... I just love them being sealed. On the other hand, I buy a lot of old Beatles / Stones records as well and love their hoariness and smell.
    So, it was a fucking hard question to answer, but I know what you think when you see someone like me.
    It's not that I think anything, I'm sure there must be a genuine reason (I've seen people, for example, who'll buy 2 copies of a record and keep one sealed) but it's not something I'd ever think to do. My opinion (and appreciate not everyone would share it) is that you buy a record because you appreciate the music and the format, so why would you deprive yourself of that but still spend all the money? It's all a bit confusing to me. First thing I always so is get the shrinkwrap/ cellophane off a record!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    ^
    Yes, I totally see your view.
    I am a record collector and love buying different versions of a release. I don't spend much time at home, that's why I listen to music on iPod / iTunes / Spotify, but still love buying vinyls, because they look so fucking amazing. I hope I'll be able to buy a great player one day and I'm sure I'll open a few albums I bought.

The pricing is also a good example: if I don't buy the limited albums on / before release date, the prices will be much higher a few years later. So, that's also a reason a I buy records from my favourite artitsts, but keep them sealed.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Has anyone here ever exchanged correspondence with Important Records? I've emailed and has no reply and added a note to my order for Forse 3 and had no reply. Bit disappointed since it has been nearly 3 full working days since I placed my order for Forse 1 and sent first email correspondence.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Has anyone here ever exchanged correspondence with Important Records? I've emailed and has no reply and added a note to my order for Forse 3 and had no reply. Bit disappointed since it has been nearly 3 full working days since I placed my order for Forse 1 and sent first email correspondence.
    I contacted them on 30th July with a query about something & haven't had a response. I also ordered something on 31st July & I've had no shipping confirmation etc. for that either. So I'm in the same boat as you.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Important Records takes forever to ship things.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Weirdly they emailed me this afternoon about combining shipping on Forse 1 and 3 but didn't actually tell me if there was a saving

Also, this appeared

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Weirdly they emailed me this afternoon about combining shipping on Forse 1 and 3 but didn't actually tell me if there was a saving

Also, this appeared
    Le sigh. My copy of Forse 1 turned up. I assume that means Forse 3 isn't far behind. Bit disappointed they didn't manage to realise they had 2 orders for the same address, but my own stupid fault for not reading their website properly

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Alessandro will play at Path Festival in Verona (Italy) on September 5th (I got a ticket )

Also, here's a new article (in Italian): http://www.soundwall.it/alessandro-c...o-terapeutico/
    Some key info:
    - new sonoio album is on hold ("maybe next year")
    - there will be some live performances under the name of Skarn
    - the show in Berlin will be an A/V performance of Sonno + an extended version of Risveglio
    - More dates are scheduled in October (Unsound in Poland and one in Rome)

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Dammint, i was hoping for new Sonoio so bad, "Thanks for calling" is a great track but i've listened the shit out of it...

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    FRONT

Modwheelmood _ Pearls To Pigs Vol 1-3
    Forse 1, 2, 3
    Skarn _ Revolver
    Slumberman _ Mono Acidic
    Sonno
    Risveglio
    Sonoio _ Scientist
    Make Noise Shared System Series _ ACMN 1 & 2

BACK

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dariocotti View Post
    - new sonoio album is on hold ("maybe next year")
    This is not what I wanted to read. I was really hoping to hear the full version of this track at some point soon.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Yeah, incredibly sad that a Sonoio release is on hold. It's my favourite side project of his. None of these other ones really do anything for me, I wonder if it's the lack of vocals. It could be.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Yeah, incredibly sad that a Sonoio release is on hold. It's my favourite side project of his. None of these other ones really do anything for me, I wonder if it's the lack of vocals. It could be.
    Yeah Sonoio is definitely my favorite project from him.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    nbd my hero just thinks I'm awesome - day made!

i also asked him about the blindoldfreak ep and the early buchla sessions coming out/getting reissued.

his response "there's always a chance. Hopefully next year I'll find a good home for both records"

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    more cortini collection spam that i forgot to post

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    According to the Important Records Twitter account they're going to be re-pressing Forse 2 in the not too distant future as well, which is good news for those of us who have the second press of Forse 1 and 3 but not 2

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    According to the Important Records Twitter account they're going to be re-pressing Forse 2 in the not too distant future as well, which is good news for those of us who have the second press of Forse 1 and 3 but not 2
    Is the Forse 3 reissue opaque or transparent?

I'm a little annoyed how long it is taking them to release the CD version. At this rate it'll come out in 2017.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    The second press is opaque. I think they ran the second press pretty soon after the first so there was a second press of 3 available before 1 if I understood right (there's every chance I'm entirely wrong about that)

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    The second press is opaque. I think they ran the second press pretty soon after the first so there was a second press of 3 available before 1 if I understood right (there's every chance I'm entirely wrong about that)
    You are correct. They just never stated that the Forse 3 reissue was opaque. Thanks for the info!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Did they not? I could have sworn I'd read it either here or on their website. I'm fairly sure I knew before it arrived yesterday. Ah well. Least you know now.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Did they not? I could have sworn I'd read it either here or on their website. I'm fairly sure I knew before it arrived yesterday. Ah well. Least you know now.
    It looks like they did finally add that information to the page. When the preorder launched for the second pressing it didn't mention it.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Forse 2 re-press pre-order in the next month or so according to Important Records on Twitter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    SKARN @ SAINT VITUS BROOKLYN, NY 9/23 8PM.

http://www.ticketfly.com/event/95609...tini-brooklyn/