Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Alessandro Cortini (Blindoldfreak, Sonoio, Skarn, & other projects)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orestes View Post
    Bought the 7" pressing of "Scientist". The flac zip file is taking forever to download though.
    Anyone else having problems just getting the download email? I've submitted my address a bunch of times for the free download, but still nothing coming through my inbox.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    I imagine topspin's server is getting slammed at the moment. It took almost two hours to download the file. :/

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    The Alan Wilder remix of Minutes is brilliant here, typically Recoil.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    Anyone else having problems just getting the download email? I've submitted my address a bunch of times for the free download, but still nothing coming through my inbox.

Yeah, I had the same trouble this morning. I sent 3 requests. The 3rd one I got immediatly, then 7 hours later while out I got an e-mail to my phone saying "your download is ready" haha, little too late, but yeah... at first I was thinking it was punishment for choosing to just download it for free.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Yeah, I had the same trouble this morning. I sent 3 requests. The 3rd one I got immediatly, then 7 hours later while out I got an e-mail to my phone saying "your download is ready" haha, little too late, but yeah... at first I was thinking it was punishment for choosing to just download it for free.
    I still haven't got any from the emails for the account I was trying. After reading your post ManBurning, I decided to try another address and got the link automatically. Odd ...

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    the Except the Cat remix of "Enough" is probably one of the best remixes i've ever heard.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Making "The Scientist" 7-inch vinyl.

http://trashaudio.com/2011/12/sonoio...ientist-vinyl/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DF118 View Post
    The Alan Wilder remix of Minutes is brilliant here, typically Recoil.
    Exactly this.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Yes, my vinyl has just arrived! http://twitpic.com/83gh2a

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    mine showed up too. # 23

i really hope he releases the first 2-3 sonoio albums on vinyl similiar to the modwheelmood pearls to pigs vinyl
    Last edited by hologram parade; 01-06-2012 at 11:23 AM.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Alessandro will be playing his SONOIO set Wednesday, Feb 22 2012 with Big Black Delta at Bootleg Bar in LA!
    daaaamn, that would have been an amazing show! And it's only $10

Couldn't have been the weekend before. I'll actually be in LA from Feb 11-14th... Oh well.

Enjoy whoever lives in the LA area, this will be a blast.

http://www.foldsilverlake.com/event/86245/

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Enough with the West Coast already! Jesus Christ!

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Enough with the West Coast already! Jesus Christ!
    He can't help he lives there, it's easy for him to Play shows there.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    He can't help he lives there, it's easy for him to Play shows there.
    I know but every band I seem to like sticks to West Coast shows and in Cali. Gets old after awhile.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Seriously, come here.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Just got the vinyl. I'm excited for it to show up.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I don't know if anyone else here is a fan of The Duke Spirit, but I just noticed via the band's twitter account that the US release of their most recent album "Bruiser" has 4 bonus remixes, including one by Gary Numan and one by Sonoio!

http://www.newreleasesnow.com/song/0...Spirit/Bruiser

Amazon link:

http://www.amazon.com/Bruiser-Duke-S...8808884&sr=8-2

Apparently the remixes are exclusive to the CD release. Hopefully they're good! Sorry if I'm late on this, has anyone heard these yet? On a related note, I hope Alessandro's remix of "Betamax" gets a more proper release soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My fave off the red remixes would definately hands down have to be "scientist" by Daniel Meyer.
    I have to say I never really noticed this song, until I heard the remixed version.
    I love to Blast it loud in my car and just drive.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I'm looking forward to the third SONOIO installment later this year. Am I being too optimistic? Alessandro's music has been in heavy rotation in my car. The music seems to get better and better.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Thought you were the same poster as the one above you... Damn shared avatar photos!!

Anyway, I wouldn't say you are being too optimistic, someone asked Alessandro on twitter if we were gonna get some SONOIO rock this summer and he said, and I quote exactly what he tweeted:

"summer will be spent in the studio...fall might be more realistic!" - That was on May 1st.

Sooo... I'd say chances of some SONOIO this year are good. He also tweeted a photo the other day with the quote "Band for the day" and he had 2 synths and a drum machine hooked up. soooo, once again I'd say he's well on his way to making some rockin' tracks for us. =)

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Even then, he was clearly up to something with Jon Bates...so who knows if that was for SONOIO or BBD. However, since Jon's been posting pictures of him working in the studio, with Alessandro, and now Josh Freese, I'm thinking those are probably BBD related.

Or, and this is complete hopeful pointless speculation, Bates and Cortini are working on an EP together under a new name that we don't know yet, which would be fucking incredible. :P Leave me alone, I can dream.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    well, Josh Freese is in studio with Bates at the moment, according to instagram, so, it's possible he may guest star on Sonoio.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    When I talked to him at one of the Ladytron shows, he was definitely going to work on the third album next, but that was in October, so who knows now. He also spoke vaguely about releasing all three together physically in some box after they were all out, but he didn't want to get into in much detail and swore me to secrecy (oops!). He also talked about some other ideas, one of which was the Scientist 7" that came out. Either way, looking forward to whatever he puts out. BBD stuff is also pretty rad!
    Last edited by trollmanen; 05-30-2012 at 10:33 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spiral94 View Post
    I'd love to!! If I lived in the area, or they changed the date to the end of August and the location to New York, as I'll be in NYC the last week of August, heh.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Here is a good 25 minute video of Alessandro's set at the Trash Audio event on July 29th.
    Someone on twitter asked him if any of this stuff played at this night would show up in an official release of some sort and his response was
    "full record in the fall"

So, I think it's safe to say we are gonna have the next colour (chapter) of the SONOIO series to enjoy before we know it!

Last edited by ManBurning; 08-09-2012 at 03:16 AM.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I REALLY hope he whips up a new batch of SuONOIOs for the next release. I asked him on Facebook a while back if we'd see more with the next album, and he told me, "They're all sold out, sorry!" So...either there was just a little misunderstanding, or does that mean the batch of SuONOIOs made for Red were just extras leftover from Blue? I didn't think that was the case...But hey! I still hope we'll get more, and I'll definitely be gettin' one this time around.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'm not sure it will be a Sonoio release. He said sometime last year that he was planning to release a record in March (Derp...) under Alessandro Cortini that would be similar to Blindoldfreak. This could just be that, or it could be new Sonoio.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    A bird told me that we may see some ModWheelMood stuff soon.....

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    He just posted this on Twitter saying "new music." It says it was uploaded 8 months ago, so I dunno if it was just private or what. Good stuff though.

http://soundcloud.com/alessandrocortini/ac-dba-12-11