Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast

Thread: Alessandro Cortini (Blindoldfreak, Sonoio, Skarn, & other projects)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    He's still regularly adding new stuff. <3 "Fine" seems to be the only release relocated here https://sonoio.bandcamp.com/album/fine - prob because label stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    Alessandro was asking his followers on Twitter about formats, lossy vs lossless. Lossless won hands down. Looks like he was preparing for this. (...)
    Hmm... but bc only allows lossless uploads anyway.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Qualis_Dolor View Post
    He's still regularly adding new stuff. <3 "Fine" seems to be the only release relocated here https://sonoio.bandcamp.com/album/fine - prob because label stuff.

Hmm... but bc only allows lossless uploads anyway.
    Perhaps he was debating creating an official AC Bandcamp

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Alessandro collaborator & NIN CBI Tour opener Daniel Avery just put out yet another album "Love + Light", and it bangs. Mix of ambient tracks & techno tracks, as is his style.

https://danielavery.bandcamp.com/album/love-light

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    https://cortini.bandcamp.com/album/movimento

New muzak. Also, the track Mentre seems to feature some sounds reminiscent of his demo for The Eater Of Dreams.
    Last edited by BRoswell; 07-03-2020 at 10:07 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    What demo of Eater of Dreams?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pcpunk View Post
    What demo of Eater of Dreams?

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Remix EP, with remix from Alessandro, from the game Ghost Of Tsushima coming this friday. Can't wait!
    https://pitchfork.com/news/ghost-of-...kimonsta-more/.

Edit: The track was released today!
    Last edited by Ax Mr. L; 07-08-2020 at 02:33 PM.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Alessandro commented on Instagram that both records released today will get vinyl releases next year.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Director's cut mp3 of Thanks For Calling
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/o85nhfoqf0...ut%29.mp3?dl=0

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Really loving Spettri -- definitely my favorite of all the stuff he's released over the past year or so!

Illusion of Time, Movimento, Memorie, and Emosfere all haven't really been to my tastes, but we've been absolutely spoiled with his work recently, so I'm not complaining!

(Still excitedly awaiting the Forse CD box set though...)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I liked Volume Massimo. And I'm a huge Sonoio fan. I prefer Alessandro when he's doing a more pop/song structure. I'd take an instrumental Sonoio style album. Avanti was good too. But I dunno, the stuff that kinda repeats and builds up until it ends, I guess I really gotta be in THAT mood for it. Sonoio/Volume Massimo shows he knows how to make a song with a more pop structure. I dig that stuff more. Just me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I feel very similarly! Though I really love a lot of his more ambient stuff too -- for instance, the Forse series is great, but some of his less structured/more drone-y works don't do much for me. It can be pretty hit-or-miss on a personal level, but his eclectic output showcases just how talented a musician he really is.

Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    Just me.
    Ah yes, that's also one of my favorites.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Hearing Alessandro talk on the R+R HOF stream made me realise that I haven't listened to any of his records since the days of Sonoio's Red and Blue albums. Any suggestions for where to jump into his more recent releases please?

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trains View Post
    Hearing Alessandro talk on the R+R HOF stream made me realise that I haven't listened to any of his records since the days of Sonoio's Red and Blue albums. Any suggestions for where to jump into his more recent releases please?
    Same here and I rest my head in shame. What's a good approach or just go through it step by step?

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trains View Post
    Not sure if you've heard the last Sonoio album yet, but I'd start there. After that, I'd say listen to Avanti and Volume Massimo.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Does anyone have any context for these two recent releases? Or listened to them? Points of reference to other work? Today is an overwhelming day for new music!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    Does anyone have any context for these two recent releases? Or listened to them? Points of reference to other work? Today is an overwhelming day for new music!
    According to Alessandro himself 'a little different than usual'. Maybe we'll find out what that means. But until now I was too busy listening to Mank... First Friday Problems... :-(

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Liking these new albums overall, though the individual tracks can be pretty hit-or-miss. Definitely kinda different from most of what he's put out in the past -- I'd say it's pretty reminiscent of Skarn in its pulsing beats, but significantly more melodic (thankfully; I haven't really been able to get into Skarn).

You should certainly at least stream it a bit on Bandcamp whenever you get the chance!

Update: "Rmito" is gorgeous. Definite standout so far ("Mirto" my second-favorite).
    Last edited by TinDefacto; 12-04-2020 at 04:27 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I haven't been keeping up with all of his instrumental releases lately so I listened to Rmito after you mentioned it and it is more engaging to me than some of his other instrumentals. I was really thrown when half way into it he played the synth line from the exit of Thanks for Calling for a bar, but I'm not against him merging some of his identity from Sonoio into these.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zipfinator View Post
    I was really thrown when half way into it he played the synth line from the exit of Thanks for Calling for a bar, but I'm not against him merging some of his identity from Sonoio into these.
    Oh, whoa, at 3:52? I was definitely thrown by it on my first listen, but I didn't place it as the outro to Thanks For Calling -- good ear!!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    ...does anyone on here have the Blue/Red demos? Or, does anyone know if there is a site that still hosts them for download?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael_Vens View Post
    ...does anyone on here have the Blue/Red demos? Or, does anyone know if there is a site that still hosts them for download?
    PM me if you're still looking for them.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Alessandro is showing off the new Make Noise Strega synth on Sonic State...