Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51
Results 1,501 to 1,528 of 1528

Thread: Dead Souls

Mentioned
    775 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Lies. Sweet, poetic lies.

Spoiler alert: article does not disclose the actual final communication. But alas, the "my battery is low" thing was made up by science reporter Jason Margolis.
    Dude. Us NASA geeks actually know that. We know that there was never ANY literal communication from Oppy. The “last communication” was totally symbolic.

Try to keep up, okay?

(We all know it came from here but it symbolizes her final haunting sad demise, the final message she symbolically sent several months ago.)

Of course, then she asks:

“Will I dream?”
    Last edited by Cat Mom; 02-18-2019 at 02:15 AM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    He was a fine flute player also

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Peter Tork and The Monkees were awesome. R.I.P.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by frankie teardrop View Post
    That one feels like a punch in the gut. Life's What You Make It got me through a lot of rough patches in my life.

RIP Mark. Thank you for everything. Your voice and your music touch people in ways you never knew.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    He was such a unique musician and big part of my musical life. The only thread I've ever started on this board is about him. RIP Mark

Mentioned
    432 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    Peter Tork and The Monkees were awesome. R.I.P.
    this hurts.

When i was a kid, as in single digits, i convinced myself that the Monkees was a reality show.
    My parents explained to me that this wasn't the case.
    THEN, i decided that all of their adventures HAD actually happened, but they couldn't be there to film it all, so the boys reenacted actual episodes from their lives for the show.
    THEN, my pops broke the news to me about the musical situation, which, as a young musician, utterly fascinated me, especially Mike and Peter's dissatisfaction with the whole thing.
    later, 12 or 13 year old, early 90s, grass smoking elevenism was utterly blown away by Head and its soundtrack.

I didn't keep up, though: by 92, it was all about NIN, Nirvana and Pearl Jam and Primus and...you get the idea.

I STILL show Head to people from time to time. I still love a SHITLOAD of their songs, even the ones they didn't write. also, you know what's funny? no one seems to give a SHIT who's writing the songs of pop stars these days, you know? I think the Monkees are part of that. Furthermore, i think their influence can be seen in groups like One Direction and N'Sync and all of their ilk, not to mention, hell, Oasis for instance.
    legend has it that they outsold the Beatles at one point. i think it's been debunked, but continues to be repeated by reputable news sources, so who knows.

i adore the music. i love their story. i love SO many things about them.
    Now that i think about it, they were the first rock group i was OBSESSED with, and it all happened when they started showing the old episodes on Nickelodeon 86 or so.
    They were UTTERLY FUCKING SEMINAL to my idea of what "rock" should be. As a little kid, they were "my beatles/stones."

And Peter was always my favorite.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Mark Hollis dying has left me feeling hollow. Been looking at my phone for an hour, trying to process how I feel. I'm surprised we even found out, considering how private he was.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    @elevenism
    The Monkees should have been inducted into the Rock N' Roll HOF years ago. It's a shame that Davy and Peter will miss out if they ever are inducted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cookster426 View Post
    RIP Andy

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...-a8806456.html

Keith Flint from The Prodigy found dead this morning

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    im so shocked, ...The Prodigy made some of the most exhilarating music of all time, one of my favourite groups ever, one cannot physically stand still listening to Music for the Jilted Generation or Fat of the Land, one of the biggest bands of the 1990s, are they over???. they cant continue without him surely?? 49 so young urgh.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    And it is once again suicide. Some serious psychological stuff is going on around the 40-50 age range.

Mentioned
    360 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Exocet View Post
    im so shocked, ...The Prodigy made some of the most exhilarating music of all time, one of my favourite groups ever, one cannot physically stand still listening to Music for the Jilted Generation or Fat of the Land, one of the biggest bands of the 1990s, are they over???. they cant continue without him surely?? 49 so young urgh.
    they could... Prodigy really is Liam Howlett, but still...

time to blast some Prodigy... fucking sad news

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I'm directing everyone over to The Prodigy thread mostly because folks are already sharing their favorite videos of Keith - https://www.echoingthesound.org/comm...56-The-Prodigy

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Holy shittttttt

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    What the fuck is going on today. I woke up to the news of Keith's death and now fucking Luke Perry. Jesus Christ...
    Last edited by Deepvoid; 03-04-2019 at 05:22 PM.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Brutal day. I feel gutted.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Just saw the news about Luke Perry wtff!

Mentioned
    432 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    they could... Prodigy really is Liam Howlett, but still...

time to blast some Prodigy... fucking sad news
    well, dude, yes, in a way. I get it. I've been a fan since 93ish, and I didn't necessarily like the "keithy as frontman" change.
    But he's been inexorably tied to the identity of The Prodigy ever since, and has done vocals for 22 years. So, dude, idk. I honestly doubt Liam will continue as The Prodigy. I expect future releases to be "Liam Howlett" or " Liam Howlett featuring Maxim Reality" or something.

Mentioned
    360 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    well, dude, yes, in a way. I get it. I've been a fan since 93ish, and I didn't necessarily like the "keithy as frontman" change.
    But he's been inexorably tied to the identity of The Prodigy ever since, and has done vocals for 22 years. So, dude, idk. I honestly doubt Liam will continue as The Prodigy. I expect future releases to be "Liam Howlett" or " Liam Howlett featuring Maxim Reality" or something.
    If he chooses to go in that direction, I'd completely respect the decision, but I would also say it's perfectly reasonable to continue forward as The Prodigy. There's a particular sound to their music that's different in style and tone to the solo music Liam Howlett's put out. If the music is "in the style of" Prodigy releases, call it Prodigy. Ultimately it's up to him of course. Probably the last thing on his mind right now.

EDIT... and in hindsight, I probably should have posted this response in the Prodigy thread. My bad.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 03-05-2019 at 12:40 PM.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Last edited by Frozen Beach; 03-18-2019 at 09:21 AM.