Page 106 of 106 FirstFirst ... 6 56 96 104 105 106
Results 3,151 to 3,160 of 3160

Thread: Dead Souls

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    holy shit... Steve Albini was a legend. I didn't always agree with his perspectives and philosophies regarding production, but I always respected his opinions, and considered everything he had to say to be at the very least educational. He was a unique pioneer, and he was never afraid to go against the grain. Albini was always the opposite of "selling out," and is one of the clearest examples of a musical creator who stuck to his principles and ideas and didn't compromise them. Everyone in the music production world revered him (or is an idiot).

This is a sad day.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Truly a legend. Respect to him for forging his own path and encouraging others to do the same.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Just... he was maybe THE most influential engineer in rock music, ever, full stop.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    holy shit... Steve Albini was a legend. I didn't always agree with his perspectives and philosophies regarding production, but I always respected his opinions, and considered everything he had to say to be at the very least educational. He was a unique pioneer, and he was never afraid to go against the grain. Albini was always the opposite of "selling out," and is one of the clearest examples of a musical creator who stuck to his principles and ideas and didn't compromise them. Everyone in the music production world revered him (or is an idiot).

This is a sad day.
    All of this.

I’ve been crazy busy today and just heard the news. Ugh.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Obviously everyone will mention his work on In Utero (rightly so), but just looking at all the bands he crossed paths with over the years is pretty astounding. The records he did with Low are some of my absolute favorites.

Last edited by BRoswell; 05-08-2024 at 06:51 PM.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    holy shit... Steve Albini was a legend. I didn't always agree with his perspectives and philosophies regarding production, but I always respected his opinions, and considered everything he had to say to be at the very least educational. He was a unique pioneer, and he was never afraid to go against the grain. Albini was always the opposite of "selling out," and is one of the clearest examples of a musical creator who stuck to his principles and ideas and didn't compromise them. Everyone in the music production world revered him (or is an idiot).This is a sad day.
    Well said. I caught an interview with him recently and was pleasantly surprised to learn he was actually more flexible in his thinking on production. He had good things to say about Butch Vig, for example. Seems he did really stick to his philosophy but that he also didn't want or expect everyone else to fall in line and do the exact same thing.

Also, I mean dude is forever a fucking legend.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Albini truly was the GOAT.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    RIP Dennis Thompson, last surviving member of MC5. Fantastic band all gone now.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/ar...th-mc5-drummer

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    RIP David Sanborn, great pop/rock sax player, at age 78. Sanborn played with a huge amount of artists.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/05/13/enter...ath/index.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Surprised no one has mentioned Roger Corman yet. The king of the B movies who launched the careers of many actors and filmmakers passed Thursday at 98!

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/...s-98-110140414