Page 65 of 105 FirstFirst ... 15 55 63 64 65 66 67 75 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,950 of 3142

Thread: Dead Souls

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    Political commentator and podcast host Michael Brooks [Majority Report, Michael Brooks Show, guest on TYT]

Passed away suddenly from a medical condition on July, 20th. He was 37.
    I don't really know of him but I saw this headline and it's really disgusting...
    Screen Shot 2020-07-21 at 8.08.58 AM.png

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Michael Brooks was an extremely smart yet also extremely funny pundit and Youtube political host. The most well read guy I followed for sure. TMBS was taking off...growing very quickly. The guy could pivot easily from hilariously roasting moronic grifters like Dave Rubin to deep dives on international politics, which was his true passion. He was the biggest proponent of Lula in Brazil I am aware of, and has really kept the issues surrounding him alive almost singehandedly.

He died suddenly on Monday of a blood clot in his neck. Nothing shady. He was only 37. It's a true tragedy.

skip to 2:07:30 to see the news hit the Majority Report crew live on air on Monday. Chilling:

Ana & Cenk from TYT were the first Youtubers to do a video about Michael passing. This will explain more about Brooks if you want a quick breakdown. A tough one to watch when Ana tries to talk:

Sam Seder & Majority Report did 4 hours on Brooks today. I can't believe they got this together the day after he passed:

good comps of his best impressions:

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    not many people drop dead at the age of 37 suddenly its very rare...had it been 10 years later maybe....

possibly sounds to me like SADS,Sudden Adult Death Syndrome..

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Flossie Wong-Staal, pioneering HIV/AIDS researcher, dies at 73

I just heard about this since she passed in my City.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Exocet View Post
    not many people drop dead at the age of 37 suddenly its very rare...had it been 10 years later maybe....

possibly sounds to me like SADS,Sudden Adult Death Syndrome..
    RE: that pesky thing about conspiracy theories popping up everywhere.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Exocet View Post
    not many people drop dead at the age of 37 suddenly its very rare...
    Mmm, no. That's not true at all.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Mmm, no. That's not true at all.
    he seemed healthy 3 days before he died, i watched a video by him, it came out of nowhere, apparently he developed something in his throat.
    im around his age, the thought of one of my seemingly healthy friends randomly dropping dead like this would be fucking shocking. thats why people are so devastated.
    it can happen but its not...common. its rare. he seemed so normal
    the only young people i know who have dropped dead like this is with sudden undiagnosed heart problems.
    a healthy 37 year old dropping dead is shocking. it can happen but its rare.

Last edited by Exocet; 07-24-2020 at 11:34 AM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I remember in high school - so 94/95 time frame - that there was a study released that said more people would accept a full-body health workup than they would a million dollars. If healthcare was more affordable things like that probably could get treated.

I have had difficulty swallowing due to incredibly thick mucus coating my throat but the doctors just stick a camera in and say it's post-nasal drip. Insurance doesn't want to go beyond that so I'm just 'dealing with it' for the time being. I have allergies sure but this is year-round and has been this way for a couple years. So what I'm saying is you're freaking me out, man.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    I remember in high school - so 94/95 time frame - that there was a study released that said more people would accept a full-body health workup than they would a million dollars. If healthcare was more affordable things like that probably could get treated.

I have had difficulty swallowing due to incredibly thick mucus coating my throat but the doctors just stick a camera in and say it's post-nasal drip. Insurance doesn't want to go beyond that so I'm just 'dealing with it' for the time being. I have allergies sure but this is year-round and has been this way for a couple years. So what I'm saying is you're freaking me out, man.
    I get the throat thing from allergies. I use a combination of Flonase, Sudafed & Mucinex to combat it. Far from perfect but helps some. I'm dealing with knee damage from RA but its not bad enough to intervene, not that I wanted surgery anyway. Just have to suck it up until it gets bad enough for something more drastic.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I took some Mucinex the other night and it made the whole thing thicker. Spoiler: Like what I coughed out was more like a cyst in consistency and profile. Which I'm spoilering because gross dude.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    I took some Mucinex the other night and it made the whole thing thicker. Spoiler: Like what I coughed out was more like a cyst in consistency and profile. Which I'm spoilering because gross dude.
    Been there, done that, bought the t-shirt & a hat!

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    RIP Peter Green (Fleetwood Mac founder)

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-53539989

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Wow. RIP Regis Philbin at 88.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    John Saxon, from Enter the Dragon and Nightmare on Elm Street.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    RIP Saxon

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Wow. RIP Regis Philbin at 88.

Trust me, if you've never seen this before, watch the whole thing & don't skip around.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Regis was awesome. Fond memories of watching Regis & Kathy Lee as a young kid with my grandmother, and then Who Wants to be a Millionaire in high school.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    Regis was awesome. Fond memories of watching Regis & Kathy Lee as a young kid with my grandmother, and then Who Wants to be a Millionaire in high school.
    word. I just heard the news.
    He was 88, but MAN, he was such an icon of American tv.
    And now, Alex Trebek seems to be on borrowed time. It's sad to lose these people who I watched at my damn great grandparents house.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Actress Olivia de Havilland passed at 104.

Best known for playing Melanie Hamilton Wilkes in “Gone With The Wind,” but also for her roles in films like “The Snake Pit” and “The Heiress.” She was the sister of actress Joan Fontaine. RIP. She was beautiful in her day, and truly talented.

She’s also known for her lawsuit that forever changed Hollywood’s broken studio system, a 7-year contract limit that affects both the film and music industries and is known as “the de Havilland rule.”

https://www.theatlantic.com/culture/...illand/608851/

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/26/m...land-dead.html

Last edited by allegro; 07-27-2020 at 08:32 AM.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I'm watching the eulogy for John Lewis... it's in turns beautiful and earnest, and then you have to listen to Mitch McConnell attempt to pay tribute in some way.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    RIP Denise Johnson. She sang on Primal Scream's "Screamadelica" amongst a lot of other stuff. Met her on the Screamadelica tour. Shy but very nice. She was a great singer & will be missed.

https://consequenceofsound.net/2020/...enise-johnson/

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    RIP Denise Johnson. She sang on Primal Scream's "Screamadelica" amongst a lot of other stuff. Met her on the Screamadelica tour. Shy but very nice. She was a great singer & will be missed.

https://consequenceofsound.net/2020/...enise-johnson/
    was just coming to post this. I wasn't expecting this at all. this one really, really hurts. I'm a massive Primal Scream fan and she is one of my favorite female singers of all time. She also sung with New Order, A Certain Ratio, 808 State, and more.
    I really like her take it on home vocals in Electronic's "Get the Message"
    I also love her vocals on the Hypnotone track "Dream Beam"

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    was just coming to post this. I wasn't expecting this at all. this one really, really hurts. I'm a massive Primal Scream fan and she is one of my favorite female singers of all time. She also sung with New Order, A Certain Ratio, 808 State, and more.
    I really like her take it on home vocals in Electronic's "Get the Message"
    I also love her vocals on the Hypnotone track "Dream Beam"
    I'm pretty huge on Primal Scream, too. Know Andrew Innes a little.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    that's awesome. Innes seems like a cool dude. love his guitar and production work

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)

This is the absolute best. First million dollar winner on the show, and what a winner he was.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Director Alan Parker.

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-53614490

RIP Sir Alan. You gave us many wonderful movies. You'll be sorely missed.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    We’re out of outmeal.

Wilford Brimley has left us.