Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Leviathant | War Film | Up Your Cherry | Slow Andy | Tears for Agnes

Mentioned
    311 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    dude, it's perfect. if i can get myself to find time to listen to podcasts, i am definitely going to check this out, especially because i'm fascinated with the subject matter.
    Much appreciated! It's funny, I'm not into podcasts, but Melissa is. I think it'll be a fun project.

I also noticed Soundcloud's compression fuzzes up my smooth Moog bass ever so slightly ;_; Related to that, this year I'll be compiling music I've made over the last couple of years and putting something out on Bandcamp, which should solve the fidelity issue, at least for downloaded versions.

Mentioned
    311 Post(s)
    Everywhere else gets cryptic little announcements, but I'll share the full skinny here.

About five years ago, I started making music with the intent of compiling it into an album. Life took some wacky turns, but I've finally sat myself down and tracked everything out into a 45 minute long release.

If you've been coming to this thread and listening, you've probably heard most of the music on it, albeit compressed on Soundcloud and not properly downloadable.

I spent some time returning to the multitracks and fixing some things, and I ran the whole thing through my Sound Workshop 1280, which put it in an interesting space and gave cohesion to an otherwise somewhat disparate collection of music. I'm decorating it with photographs taken from the same five-year period. Right now I'm working on the proverbial liner notes, which I'm putting together on my Underwood No 5., and deciding how much additional stuff I want to include there. It'll just be a PDF in all likelihood, but hey. It's my art thing. Considering doing a GoFundMe or Kickstarter to fund a professional mastering. Lord knows I won't make money from sales to cover that kind of thing.

Here's the tracklist. A lot of what had been sketches got new names.

Mentioned
    372 Post(s)
    i am very, very excited to hear this in its complete form

don't know if you need a mastering recommendation (and honestly i don't know if he's even doing it any more) but Wade Alin of Standard Mastering did two of my albums and is fantastic (and affordable).

Mentioned
    311 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i am very, very excited to hear this in its complete form

don't know if you need a mastering recommendation (and honestly i don't know if he's even doing it any more) but Wade Alin of Standard Mastering did two of my albums and is fantastic (and affordable).
    Thanks! It's been a mild frustration that I've only been putting this stuff on Soundcloud, where the compression does no favors to the recordings, particularly when my friend Mr Moog is involved.

I hadn't been considering mastering but a friend of mine who runs Turtle Studios here in Philly gave me a good pitch. Since I'm considering that, and since I'll probably put a kickstarter up to help offset that, I've reached out to Josh Eustis to see if he's got the time and interest. Depending on his response, maybe that'll be a stretch goal

Mentioned
    311 Post(s)
    If you like the music from The Boghouse, you can now get it in lossless format over at Bandcamp, including a super chill 7 minute ambient remix.