Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Trek - Series and Films

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    @Dr Channard, what would happen if Trump met the Talosians? How would that conversation go?

Sorry it took so long…

What would it be like to have Donald Trump show up at a Betazoid wedding?

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Channard View Post
    Sorry it took so long…

What would it be like to have Donald Trump show up at a Betazoid wedding?
    LOL. Those last two in particular were hilarious.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Absolutely love Discovery. Watching it a second time really made me appreciate what they were doing and I "got" it more the second time around. The scenes with Lorca, especially, knowing what an evil bastard he is, made his screen time all the more delicious.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Reports are still popping up online that a certain someone may be appearing in Discovery...and then there's this.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Reports are still popping up online that a certain someone may be appearing in Discovery...and then there's this.
    If he is to have a role in the show I'm assuming it'll be a different character or are they going to de-age him with CG?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Just for fun. My top ten Trek villains:

10. The Gorn
    9. Nomad
    8. Armus
    7. Borg Queen
    6. Winn Adami
    5. General Chang
    4. Khan Noonien Singh
    3. Female Changeling
    2. Gabriel Lorca
    1. Gul Dukat

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    ^ No B'Etor and Lursa? Unforgivable!

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I've been re-waiting Enterprise, and it's better than I remember. Some of the shows, like the pilot "Broken Bow" are quite good. It has an unfair reputation.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Some new images from season 2 of Disco:

https://trekmovie.com/2018/07/13/che...very-season-2/

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I've been re-waiting Enterprise, and it's better than I remember. Some of the shows, like the pilot "Broken Bow" are quite good. It has an unfair reputation.
    Hard to accept that series premiered almost 17 years ago. One thing I’ll say is that Jeffrey Combs gave us a hell of a character with Thy'lek Shran. He really sold that element of the series. It would have been good to have seen his character even more involved in Enterprise.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Hard to accept that series premiered almost 17 years ago. One thing I’ll say is that Jeffrey Combs gave us a hell of a character with Thy'lek Shran. He really sold that element of the series. It would have been good to have seen his character even more involved in Enterprise.
    It was rumored that he would have been a regular had a fifth series happened. Hoping to see Combs somewhere down the road on Discovery.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Discovery season 2 trailer:

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    OMG Tig Notaro! Yaaassss

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I'm totally sold on Anson Mount as Pike and think that he'll be an excellent addition to the cast.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    YUSSSSS

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    The Picard! The PICARD!!! Dreams do come true!

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Discovery season 1 dvd/blu-ray with bonus content out November 13.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Pine isn't exactly an A list celebrity. What else is he going to do?
    Last edited by GulDukat; 08-12-2018 at 09:41 AM.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    A rundown of the first episode of Discovery, pretty funny:

http://superanemic.com/index.php/201...-vulcan-hello/

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Pine isn't exactly an A list celebrity. What else is he going to do?
    Wonder Woman and any other possible sequels and DC movies.

Marvel could gobble him up for something as well depending on what the full story with Trevor is.

Also, he's the official Best Chris out there.

But seriously, this screams of negotiation tactics. Leak the news about Paramount withholding money and blaming it on the lower returns for Star Trek Beyond, a movie that was great and that no one knew about because Paramount treated that year like it wasn't Star Trek's 50th Anniversary (which, overall, they botched horribly), and thus make the two leads look great in the long run because they want to do it, but they're not going to do it for cheap. This will be ironed out and Paramount will open up the wallet for this when it's all said and done.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Randazzo View Post
    Wonder Woman and any other possible sequels and DC movies.

Marvel could gobble him up for something as well depending on what the full story with Trevor is.

Also, he's the official Best Chris out there.

But seriously, this screams of negotiation tactics. Leak the news about Paramount withholding money and blaming it on the lower returns for Star Trek Beyond, a movie that was great and that no one knew about because Paramount treated that year like it wasn't Star Trek's 50th Anniversary (which, overall, they botched horribly), and thus make the two leads look great in the long run because they want to do it, but they're not going to do it for cheap. This will be ironed out and Paramount will open up the wallet for this when it's all said and done.
    i LOVED beyond and don't get the dislike people have for it. i thought it was fun and felt the most like star trek out of all of the three newer films.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Kind of wish they just stuck with Quinto.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Kind of wish they just stuck with Quinto.
    Yeah, I’d rather not see this role, or any of the OST roles start getting just bounced around moving forward.

Oh boy.

Chris Pine and Chris Hemsworth have apparently walked away from a 4th Star Trek movie due to contract disputes.
    No disrespect to anyone who likes these movies (I like them to a degree), but it wouldn’t be the worst thing for Paramount to go ahead and call it a wrap on this particular iteration of ST. They are fun action movies and all, but how much is left to mine from this going forward, really? It feels like between CBS and Paramount the last 15+ years of Trek have been primarily spent in retconning prime universe past (Enterprise & Discovery), or altogether rewriting the past with alternate universe (Abramsverse) films. It would be a welcome thing to put the keys back into the ignition of prime universe ST and drive that fucker forward again. And it seems like CBS is in the better position to do this because ST historically hits its stride in the form of an episodic serial.

With the Picard series alleged to be set around 20 years after Nemesis, this is a good place to start and it would be interesting if they could use this as a springboard to get the ball moving forward again.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Yeah, I’d rather not see this role, or any of the OST roles start getting just bounced around moving forward.

No disrespect to anyone who likes these movies (I like them to a degree), but it wouldn’t be the worst thing for Paramount to go ahead and call it a wrap on this particular iteration of ST. They are fun action movies and all, but how much is left to mine from this going forward, really? It feels like between CBS and Paramount the last 15+ years of Trek have been primarily spent in retconning prime universe past (Enterprise & Discovery), or altogether rewriting the past with alternate universe (Abramsverse) films. It would be a welcome thing to put the keys back into the ignition of prime universe ST and drive that fucker forward again. And it seems like CBS is in the better position to do this because ST historically hits its stride in the form of an episodic serial.

With the Picard series alleged to be set around 20 years after Nemesis, this is a good place to start and it would be interesting if they could use this as a springboard to get the ball moving forward again.
    Agreed, going forward you have a blank canvas, and you don't have to step around established canon. That said, I really did like Discovery and season 2 looks awesome.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    DS9 was/is such a good series. It’s like crack for me, once you start there is no stopping. So many great and well portrayed characters, Garak is a personal favorite…