Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11

Thread: Star Trek - Series and Films

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    Just starting watching TNG for the first time since the 90s.

Realizing that the court scene takes place in 60 years and I might be alive still...
    Yay! I got all 7 seasons on DVD for Christmas. I'm going through them all slowly (currently on season 4) in order to make the re-experiencing of them last.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    I wish DS9 would get the Blu-ray treatment
    Same but the cost of remastering TNG and the return profit makes it currently impossible since it isn't financially feasible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Well, the lead actors are all doing great work, as usual, but apart from some good moments in the first two episodes of this new Discovery season (I especially enjoyed the Jonathan Frakes-directed, more relaxed, classic-style Trek of "New Eden"), I am not quite as enamored yet as I was of the first season's twists and turns. Maybe because I'm incredibly bummed out by the world around me, but it's harder to get as invested in it. Anybody else feeling this way?
    I'm definitely feeling less invested in this season so far... perhaps it's the constant prick-tease of Spock's appearance, although I'm honestly not all that keen on seeing TOS crew re-worked into this show. For all the setup of the red lights and Spock, they sure seem to be tiptoeing around actually dealing with any of it.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    I'm enjoying S2 of Discovery for the most part, maybe a little too much focus on Tilly lately although since she's involved i do like that we're getting to see some of the consequences of using the spore drive. This could very well lead to explaining why it's never seen or heard about again in any of the Trek series we're all familiar with (outside of the obvious of course).

Also is it just me or does anyone else miss a medical officer that was more involved with the story?

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Last night's Discovery was my favourite since the premiere, was on the edge of my seat the whole time! A certain someone's return toward the end was such a joyous moment, I hope it's permanent. Continuing to love Anson Mount's Pike, he's so charismatic and a great counterpoint to Lorca, as much as I love Jason Isaacs. Still not sure how I feel about Section 31. I love Georgiou, she's always fun to watch, but that whole element feels like they're trying too much to be edgy...

Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    I love Tilly. And Stamets.

And combadges. Hello, COMBADGES!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    still a little conflicted about Discovery. sometimes i love it. sometimes... idk. i feel like i want them to dial the melodrama back by 15% and the action back by 20%. it's just SO MUCH. i really like Anson Mount. I am constantly amused by my GF asking things like "what about that robot, Isaac?" and i'm like, "no, he's on the Orville." Happens like twice per episode... of either show.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Any theories about the Red Angel??

Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    Any theories about the Red Angel??
    It's Spock from the future. That's the only thing I can come up with.

Also: my poor Stamets is so happy Spoiler: to have his husband back that he doesn't seem to realize that Hugh is not the same man he was. At best, he has a severe case of PTSD. At worst... I don't want to think about it.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    I was starting to wonder if it could be The Traveller or maybe Wesley Crusher?

https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/The_Traveler

Although with all the rights holder nonsense between CBS and Paramount i really have no clue what they're allowed to do, perhaps it's just something entirely new to Star Trek.

Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    ^^
    Yeah, The Traveler or Wesley would make sense if it wasn't for all the rights stupidity.

The Spock angle regarding the Red Angel is so annoying to me. Right now, all we know about Spock is completely out of character. And they are dangling him for us like the proverbial carrot for the donkey: " Ooh, Spock is coming; not this episode and maybe not the next but he is coming... SOON!"

At least they have other characters who are worthy of the time we spend watching. And the Red Angel storyline in itself is intriguing.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    I was starting to wonder if it could be The Traveller or maybe Wesley Crusher?

https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/The_Traveler

Although with all the rights holder nonsense between CBS and Paramount i really have no clue what they're allowed to do, perhaps it's just something entirely new to Star Trek.
    I really hope that this isn't the case. Dumb character and storyline.