Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25

Thread: Star Trek - Series and Films

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I've been enjoying the final season of Discovery. While there have been some cringe-worthy moments, overall it's been fairly strong. I really like how this season has explored the Breen. They are one of the most interesting legacy characters that were never really explored before.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Finished up DS9 a few weeks ago and now into Voyager.

Continuing our breakfast viewing routine...

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I'm still on season 1 of TNG, taking my time with it. I hear that the first two seasons of TNG are bad, skippable even...but I'm actually really loving the first season so far! If this is "bad" , then I can't wait for the good stuff!

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    I'm still on season 1 of TNG, taking my time with it. I hear that the first two seasons of TNG are bad, skippable even...but I'm actually really loving the first season so far! If this is "bad" , then I can't wait for the good stuff!
    The cliche is that TNG didn't find its footing until season 3. Still, I really liked seasons 1-2. Season 1 kind of has the tone/feel of TOS IMHO.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Good lord, Discovery is going to be succeeded by a Starfleet Academy series while Simon Kinberg will be producing a Kelvin remake/mashup of First Contact and Enterprise's series finale.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Just finished the Discovery finale. I really enjoyed this final season. That finale seemed to have a bit of a LotR ending though (in that it had like eight endings haha).

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Paul Giamatti Joins ‘Star Trek: Starfleet Academy’ as Main Villain

I was very "meh" about this series, but now I'm looking forward to it. I'm hoping that Mary Wiseman is not the central character. I never cared for Tilly and think that she'd be a terrible lead. I'd like to see Doug Jones make a return as Sura, who is a much better character. I'm also hoping that they go the episodic rather than serialized route.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    That's a huge W for the new series!!

I'm still on season 1 of TNG. I watched all TOS films, but not the series. I am reading a DS9 novel (I know nothing about DS9 ) , "Enigma Tales" and I am loving the ever hell out of it, so good! (I can't wait to get to the DS9 TV series after I make my way through TNG) .

I also picked up the latest TNG book that just came out...I'll get to that later in the summer, hopefully. Ordered a bunch of books from amazon marketplace and eBay. I'm going all in on the ST literary universe..fun!