Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Trek - Series and Films

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GulDukat View Post
    With the magic of CGI they can make him look as he did in 1987.
    I completely forgot about that as even a possibility!

That should have been a no-brainer post-MCU and Star Wars.

Hmm, they prob won't go that route though if it makes sense to just have him appear old when he's around Picard (and Guinan?), plus it's just cheaper to do it that way.

We'll see!

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    New 'Star Trek' movie officially announced!

June 9, 2023. No word yet on which timeline, characters, etc. etc.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    Obligatory...

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I'm ALL in on Discovery. still on season 1 but only a few episodes left. can't wait to get to season 2.

I'm going to give the old series and movies a chance now too. totally in.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    From SNL, this was pretty good.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    just started season 3 of Discovery.

LOVED season 2 and The Red Angel storyline.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Update on Strange New Worlds.

I'm rewatching season 2 of Discovery now and love Anson Mount as Pike. I can't wait to see this.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    New season 4 trailer.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    New season 4 trailer.
    idk. As far as Star Track goes, do you think it will be as good as Star Track: The Mandolarian?

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I thought i heard something about more than one Star Trek show coinciding for a November release, there's Discovery Season 4 in a few days but i thought Strange New Worlds would be dropping as well. After looking it up that doesn't hit until early next year. Am i crazy or did they pushing something back?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    I thought i heard something about more than one Star Trek show coinciding for a November release, there's Discovery Season 4 in a few days but i thought Strange New Worlds would be dropping as well. After looking it up that doesn't hit until early next year. Am i crazy or did they pushing something back?
    Prodigy?

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    Prodigy?
    Ugh was that what they were talking about? Seriously?!

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Ugh was that what they were talking about? Seriously?!

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk
    I just saw the first episode of Prodigy and it's way better than I was expecting.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    First episode of season 4 Discovery was very good. Season 3 seemed like a transition and a soft-reboot. Discovery now seems very much like a sequel to TNG/DS9/Voy.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    First episode of season 4 Discovery was very good. Season 3 seemed like a transition and a soft-reboot. Discovery now seems very much like a sequel to TNG/DS9/Voy.
    Spoiler: Archer's theme!

What a surprise that was.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    To be honest, of all the Trek shows from the Kurtzman-era, I think I might like Prodigy the best. It's by far the most fun, and the story, while simple (it is a kid's show) is well-written. Unlike Discovery, there aren't a lot of half-baked subplots that go nowhere. I like Picard/Discovery, but they are often very grim, this show is more enjoyable to watch. Lower Decks has gotten better, but tries too hard.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    That's an interesting take, for me something about Star Trek in animation just doesn't translate. (aside from the old TOS one)

Meanwhile Star Wars in animation makes total sense, i don't know what it is... i guess because it's more fantasy based than Trek is.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    That's an interesting take, for me something about Star Trek in animation just doesn't translate. (aside from the old TOS one)

Meanwhile Star Wars in animation makes total sense, i don't know what it is... i guess because it's more fantasy based than Trek is.
    The 1970s animated show is fucking great. That too was a kid's show, but some of the stories were great. And I love the cheesy animation and score. I'd take the 70s cartoon over season 3 of TOS, tbh.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    The 1970s animated show is fucking great. That too was a kid's show, but some of the stories were great. And I love the cheesy animation and score. I'd take the 70s cartoon over season 3 of TOS, tbh.
    Weren't they technically leftover scripts from what would have been a TOS season 4 or was that a myth?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    This episode should've been feature length, if they wanted to get the Star Trek pacing right.

And why is Burnham acting like a football captain in stead of like a starship captain?

But the premise that they're setting up seems like I might enjoy it.
    Last edited by stankeybearlover; 11-20-2021 at 11:48 AM.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stankeybearlover View Post
    This episode should've been feature length, if they wanted to get the Star Trek pacing right.

And why is Burnham acting like a football captain in stead of like a starship captain?

But the premise that they're setting up seems like I might enjoy it.
    Yeah, and I thought it was lame how the president of the Federation tagged along on a dangerous mission. Example of poor writing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    At least they acknowledged that it was asinine the moment she suggested it. Probably how it went down in the writers room too.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    @GulDukat Have you watched the latest Disco episode yet?

Spoiler: any idea on what the significance of the mark is on the back of buddy's neck?

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    @GulDukat Have you watched the latest Disco episode yet?

Spoiler: any idea on what the significance of the mark is on the back of buddy's neck?
    Going to watch it today or over the next few days.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Haha alright man, I'm def curious to hear if there's any existing canon connection to my query or not.

You're the most up on Trek in this thread i believe so figured I'd check with you.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Goodness, I have to disagree, I’m afraid. There were a few nice moments, but on the whole I don’t see that it ever had much going for it -
    - Too wordy for kids, too silly to be taken seriously by adults;
    - It seems to have aged even more poorly than TOS in terms of representation and attitudes, not really reflecting the changing societal norms of the time it was released;
    - The animation is simply awful, even considering the context of era.

I quite liked the score, though. There were some repeated themes over the two seasons that I really adored. Probably my favourite part of the experience of watching it, to be honest.

I’m yet to see any new Disco or Prodigy episodes, as I don’t yet have P+ (Netflix and Prime have had all of the newer shows here in Aus, but these new seasons are P+exclusives), but I’m looking forward to both.

Since I’ve not ducked into this thread for a while, my thoughts, in brief -

I adore Lower Decks; it’s clearly written by people who love the show, and its level of knowledge of in-universe history shows a sophistication of adherence to canon (something lacking by early Disco). The humour does get pushed, and when it doesn’t work it’s just a noisy mess of a show, but when it’s on, it hits perfectly.
    Picard was fine, but a disappointment. The show traded in a lot of fan goodwill/nostalgia for an “idea” of a season that was ok, but certainly didn’t need to be x episodes long. I’m hoping for an improved season two, otherwise it’s a bit of a shrug for me.
    Disco has had issues, but season 3 was fun, once the show unburdened itself of the shackles of canon. Why this thing needed to be a prequel at all to me is baffling.