Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 121 to 150 of 154

Thread: Chevelle

  1. #121
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    2,358
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I dug the additional 2 albums I downloaded. I'd be interested to exploring more and I probably will be. I nearly bought the new album at the store on a whim along with La Gargola since they were both at a nice price but I didn't. Maybe I should?
    You deff should. The North Corridor is actually on sale on their offish website for only 8 bucks. Also cool to see them in the top ten on the billboard 200. Debuted at #8. I remember La Gargola Debuted at #3.

  2. #122
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    207
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    After two weeks The North Corridor is finally growing on me. The first half of the album is solid, but with the exception of Punchline and Shot Through a Cannon the latter half of the album isn't doing it for me. As someone who was a huge fan of Hats Off to the Bull and considers La Gargola some of their best work, I'm a little letdown. There are elements from both of those albums here, but everything feels stripped down, and to me the lyrics are weaker than their past albums. I'm coming around to The North Corridor, but I think it's one of their weaker releases.

  3. #123
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Bayonne Leave It Alone
    Posts
    4,507
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    this album is GREAT. finally listening in full today. Some really heavy songs for them. Pumped to see them open for Bush...hope they get an hour (unlikely).

  4. #124
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    2,358
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    FINALLY. Acoustic version for "Endlessly" premieres tonight!


  5. #125
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    2,358
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

  6. #126
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    2,358
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    2021 just got a whole lot better. Pete's vocals never seize to amaze me, and sure as hell not used to seeing them as a duo after all these years, but they sound tighter than ever.


    New album "Niratias" (Nothing is real, and this is a simulation) out March 5th.

    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 01-08-2021 at 12:09 PM.

  7. #127
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    1,649
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Awesome track and Pete's one handsome motherfucker.

  8. #128
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    982
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Were they always a two-piece band? I don't remember.

  9. #129
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    2,358
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    Were they always a two-piece band? I don't remember.
    They have always been a three-piece band. First line - up was all three bros, Pete, Sam and Joe, second was Pete, Sam, and Dean (Brother in law) now just Pete and Sam .

  10. #130
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Kansas City, Missouri
    Posts
    2,876
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    They have always been a three-piece band. First line - up was all three bros, Pete, Sam and Joe, second was Pete, Sam, and Dean (Brother in law) now just Pete and Sam .
    I'm pretty sure I was at the final show with the original three brothers line-up. It was a halloween festival in '04 and if I remember correctly after that set is when they had the huge blowout and the bassist caught an Amtrak back home or some shit like that. I honestly always assumed they were a two piece since then and just used session bassists.
    Last edited by richardp; 01-08-2021 at 12:38 PM.

  11. #131
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    507
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    This song is long, all over the place, and it has a piano outro. This is how 2021 should have started. Great track and entertaining video. Album preordered. Wonder who will be taking Dean's place on bass.

  12. #132
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    2,358
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    I'm pretty sure I was at the final show with the original three brothers line-up. It was a halloween festival in '04 and if I remember correctly after that set is when they had the huge blowout and the bassist caught an Amtrak back home or some shit like that. I honestly always assumed they were a two piece since then and just used session bassists.
    Correct. The problem with Joe was brewing for awhile before that, and he literally didn't write any music and pretty much sat back until the other two had enough of it; extremely toxic person. The track Brainiac from their album Vena Sera is all about him. Dean, on the other hand joined when Vena Sera released and has been an essential part of the band; he bowed out to focus on his fam and artwork.

    I think other stuff went on behind the scenes. They pretty much scrapped the first batch of songs and re/recorded the entire album so I'm very curious to know more details. The track being all over the place actually works for me lol... I was like "Piano? Sure!"
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 01-08-2021 at 01:02 PM.

  13. #133
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    1,390
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post
    Awesome track and Pete's one handsome motherfucker.
    Um yeah, his touch of grey is certainly doing it for me. I've been checked out from this band since well before the Joe era was over even, but have to say that was a great song. Heard quite a bit of Muse-isms in that underlying guitar line, and that's not a read or a knock at all.

  14. #134
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Kansas City, Missouri
    Posts
    2,876
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    Correct. The problem with Joe was brewing for awhile before that, and he literally didn't write any music and pretty much sat back until the other two had enough of it; extremely toxic person. The track Brainiac from their album Vena Sera is all about him. Dean, on the other hand joined when Vena Sera released and has been an essential part of the band; he bowed out to focus on his fam and artwork.
    Makes sense. I remember the bassist just fucking standing there and not really being into the performance. That was a weird show. Fuckin' Jackyl opened for Chevelle and dude was slicing through pumpkins with his chainsaw.

  15. #135
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    2,358
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Makes sense. I remember the bassist just fucking standing there and not really being into the performance. That was a weird show. Fuckin' Jackyl opened for Chevelle and dude was slicing through pumpkins with his chainsaw.
    Hahaa, they always have opening acts that do wild stuff on stage. Halestorm brought out a gigantic drum set with oversized drum sticks... It was goofy as hell, along with Finger Eleven's guitarist a bit TOO into the performance. Dude was all over the stage like it was a heavy metal song and broke his strings 3 effing times.

    I saw them with Joe once, and all I wanted him to do was put his shirt back on.

  16. #136
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everett, WA
    Posts
    707
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Dig the new song, but I had a little giggle at the video when I noticed Sam's kit has Zildjian low-volume cymbals on it. There's no way those would sound like they do in the track.

  17. #137
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    2,358
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wight rabbit View Post
    Dig the new song, but I had a little giggle at the video when I noticed Sam's kit has Zildjian low-volume cymbals on it. There's no way those would sound like they do in the track.
    I believe Sam uses a Pearl drum kit. There should be some photos on their insta, but you'd have a better eye than me lol.

  18. #138
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everett, WA
    Posts
    707
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    I believe Sam uses a Pearl drum kit. There should be some photos on their insta, but you'd have a better eye than me lol.
    Yes, he does. He also used Paiste cymbals before the gear theft incident years back. I think he switched to Zildjian shortly after.

  19. #139
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    501
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Love the new Muse song. Haha, kidding. Riff is very Matt Bellamy-esq though.


    what’s with the production on this song though? Good bands have been putting out some bad sounding mixes lately.

  20. #140
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    2,358
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokenSpiral View Post
    Love the new Muse song. Haha, kidding. Riff is very Matt Bellamy-esq though.


    what’s with the production on this song though? Good bands have been putting out some bad sounding mixes lately.
    I think they brought in Joe Barresi again to produce which is usually a solid choice for them. What bothers me is not hearing much of the deep bass tones you would normally get from a Chevelle track.

  21. #141
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The Hat, Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    507
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Digging the new track. I think "La Gargola" is my favorite album by them and I didn't feel anything on the last one, but this shows promise.

    Plus, how swank is that album cover?

  22. #142
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    2,358
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    ^^^ It has a Logans Run feel to it, so I can dig it.

  23. #143
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    501
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Vena Sera and Sci-Fi Crimes are definitely my favorite.

  24. #144
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    2,358
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    I love how raw this one sounds. Lyrics are simple, but it works enough. Seems like these tracks need to be heard in a more complete listen once the album releases.

    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 01-29-2021 at 03:51 AM.

  25. #145
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    3,863
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Anyone else getting Prison Sex* vibes from this song?


    *the Tool song, you sickos

  26. #146
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    2,358
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Last single before March 5th.


  27. #147
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    501
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The production sucks but so far this album sounds more like a return to the big melodic chorus style they had on earlier albums. The last couple of albums have felt... screamy, just to be screamy. I don’t know if that makes sense.

  28. #148
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Republic of Texas
    Posts
    7,018
    Mentioned
    496 Post(s)
    Wow. I had totally forgotten about this band. They had one album I REALLY liked, or, maybe it was a mix CD someone made for me, back in 06: the one with Vitamin R, was it? Edit:I don't mean it came out then -just that that's when I was listening to it.
    And it also had a track called The Clincher, I think- that's the one that says "this body's left the soul" and "now saturate." I was a cna in a respiratory and wound care hospital at the time, so that "saturate" business, like O2 Sat, really fired me up.
    Awesome to see these guys still kicking ass

  29. #149
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    2,358
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    @elevenism"
    If you wanna brush up, check out Vena Sera or Sci-fi Crimes.

    Quote Originally Posted by BrokenSpiral View Post
    The production sucks but so far this album sounds more like a return to the big melodic chorus style they had on earlier albums. The last couple of albums have felt... screamy, just to be screamy. I don’t know if that makes sense.
    It does lol. Pete said he wanted to cater to the fans a bit for asking for heavy heavy and they well, got that lol. La Gargola captured that allure much better than The North Corridor, even though that album holds two of their best tracks ever, "Young Wicked" and "Joyride". They strive when they have the sound I'm hearing on Niratias so far.

    Track off their remastered album I don't think many have heard. Love the lyric video on this one.
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 02-22-2021 at 06:29 PM.

  30. #150
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everett, WA
    Posts
    707
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Wow. I had totally forgotten about this band. They had one album I REALLY liked, or, maybe it was a mix CD someone made for me, back in 06: the one with Vitamin R, was it? Edit:I don't mean it came out then -just that that's when I was listening to it.
    And it also had a track called The Clincher, I think- that's the one that says "this body's left the soul" and "now saturate." I was a cna in a respiratory and wound care hospital at the time, so that "saturate" business, like O2 Sat, really fired me up.
    Awesome to see these guys still kicking ass
    This one: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/This_T...ould_Do_Us_In)

    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    La Gargola captured that allure much better than The North Corridor
    As heavy as La Gárgola is, that album actually turned me off of Chevelle for a while. I felt like it came off simultaneously as trying too hard and not trying enough (the latter applying more to the lyrics). The North Corridor is probably my favorite album as it feels more natural to me.
    Last edited by wight rabbit; 02-23-2021 at 04:52 PM.

Posting Permissions