Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Chevelle

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Out of all the bands I even somewhat like and have seen, Chevelle is the worst live- and did it twice just to make sure it wasn't a one-time thing since everyone's got bad days and what not. They're awful and wouldn't see them again for free. Horrible HORRIBLE fucking drummer. (All the people I was with agreed, and the crowds were definitely not enthusiastic)

Gotta disagree with the Tool rip-off band though. Similar voice but that's about it.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Love the new single…and I agree. They are not Tool ripoffs, influenced.

And the band is even sick of this stereotype according to their song "Clones"

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    People talk about Tool/Maynard, musically I hear more Deftones.

I used to listen to the debut Chevelle back when I was younger... Very accessible sound, from what I know/remember. Anymore it's too angsty and would recall bad times for me.
    Last edited by Amaro; 02-06-2014 at 11:59 AM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magrão View Post
    People talk about Tool/Maynard, musically I hear more Deftones.

I used to listen to the debut Chevelle back when I was younger... Very accessible sound, from what I know/remember. Anymore it's too angsty and would recall bad times for me.
    Totally agree with this. Most of their catalog is dark/heavy/moody music but that is what I prefer usually. They lightened up a bit on Sci-Fi Crimes but they still have that Chevelle sound that everyone discovered back in 2002. Give "Vena Sera" and "Hats of to the Bull" a spin or two.. some great gems on those albums.

Quote Originally Posted by reznor2112
    And the band is even sick of this stereotype according to their song "Clones"

I was wishing they would release this song as a single, but it never happened Probably my favorite closer out of all their albums.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Hunter Eats Hunter has leaked.. Chevelle is back to rare form. Everything I have been waiting for in a Chevelle song since Wonder What's Next. PM me for a link

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hunter Eats Hunter is quite awesome. Just listened to it on YouTube. I want this album to be in the same realm as This Type of Thinking.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Only $12.99 for the LE CD.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    ^^^Heaviness!! If these two songs are any indication on how the whole album will sound, we're in for a treat. Pre-ordered my LE album.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spiralout View Post
    ^^^Heaviness!! If these two songs are any indication on how the whole album will sound, we're in for a treat. Pre-ordered my LE album.
    As did I about a month ago . My friend actually sent me the link before it was up on the tube and I was on my way home from a horrible day of work.. this song instantly put me in a good mood. This album has the leak like... now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    According to has it leaked, it has, will check this out when I get home

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scotty79 View Post
    According to has it leaked, it has, will check this out when I get home
    DAAAAAAAMNNNNNN!!!!

They got quite heavier on this album. Them some angry boys on this album hahaha Fucking fantastic record! I LOVED HOTTB but this puts the last 2 albums on their asses.
    Last edited by Reznor2112; 03-25-2014 at 09:34 AM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Sorry for the double post but the guitar riff in Jawbreaker is a COMPLETE ripoff of a NIN/TR song. I just can't figure out which one.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Just heard Ouija Board.... holy hell heavier than I was expecting from the guys. This fucking rocks.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    Just heard Ouija Board.... holy hell heavier than I was expecting from the guys. This fucking rocks.
    Maybe you can tell me where the riff on Jawbreaker came from. I know I've heard that in a NIN or TR related track.

Maybe the last 40 secs of Head Down?
    Last edited by Reznor2112; 03-25-2014 at 03:58 PM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznor2112 View Post
    Maybe you can tell me where the riff on Jawbreaker came from. I know I've heard that in a NIN or TR related track.

Maybe the last 40 secs of Head Down?
    I can't put my finger on it... but I def hear some influence in there. I need a couple more listens.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Listening to it right now. Starts off with a bang. Damn! Ouija board is awesome.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Choking Game is probably my favorite right now... it just rocks your head off. Twinge is a very nice way to end the album as well.. like most Chevelle albums that end off with a slow one or an acoustic track.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Very good album. I'm gonna have to give it a couple more spins to fully appreciate it but my first one was an enjoyable one.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    Choking Game is probably my favorite right now...
    I listened to that 4 times on the way to work. AMAZING song. Still trying to figure out the Jawbreaker riff. Maybe it isn't a TR track but maybe from a soundtrack??

Not sure, but I do love how Pete uses 4 or 5 different vocal styles throughout the song.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Just finished my first listen....heavy, dark, angry, definitely a departure from their past albums. They seemed to move away from conventional song structures a bit. Choking Game was a stand out for me. I need to listen to this again.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznor2112 View Post
    I listened to that 4 times on the way to work. AMAZING song. Still trying to figure out the Jawbreaker riff. Maybe it isn't a TR track but maybe from a soundtrack??

Not sure, but I do love how Pete uses 4 or 5 different vocal styles throughout the song.
    To be honest, I just hear some NIN influences throughout the album.. Jawbreaker kind of reminds me of The Hand That Feeds a bit. It's just a very different approach from Chevelle. Sometimes I had to really think it was them I was listening to in some songs. Twinge sounds like a song that could have come off of This Type Of Thinking, and Choking Game sounds like two different songs at one point. Listening to this with headphones is the way to go though.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Damn! This may certainly be the heaviest thing they've done since Vena Sera. I liked the direction of "Take Out the Gunman" when I first heard it, but felt like it was barely touching the surface. I feel the rest of the album goes all in save for the typical mellow track or two you tend to get on a Chevelle album. I saw a commenter on a review of the album claim this as a more mature Wonder What's Next — I can totally stand behind that claim.
    Last edited by wight rabbit; 03-28-2014 at 03:13 PM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Triggermine View Post
    Damn! This may certainly be the heaviest thing they've done since Vena Sera. I liked the direction of "Take Out the Gunman" when I first heard it, but felt like it was barely touching the surface. I feel the rest of the album goes all in save for the typical mellow track or two you tend to get on a Chevelle album. I saw a commenter on a review of the album claim this as a more mature Wonder What's Next — I can totally stand behind that claim.
    For the mellow tracks, Twinge is probably the best one they have done... it's haunting, creepy, and makes you think (At least for me). But as for the claim of a mature WWN.. that seems to be the census going around recently, and on the chevelleonline forums. Ouija Board and An Island I cannot seem to get past sometimes because of repeated listens.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I definitely didn't dislike "Twinge." I also understand some of the claims people have made about it being kind of Deftones-y. I look forward to listening to this all the way through without iTunes Radio reminding me that I'm listening to the album. "Fuck off! I know I'm listening..."

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I definitely didn't dislike "Twinge." I also understand some of the claims people have made about it being kind of Deftones-y. I look forward to listening to this all the way through without iTunes Radio reminding me that I'm listening to the album. "Fuck off! I know I'm listening..."
    Yea, the itunes streams are soooo annoying. I know there is a legit 320 leak out there so try looking for that bad boy. I personally don't see the Deftones comparison.. Maybe on some tracks and some moments, but I hear some NIN influences here and there too.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I'm talking specifically on "Twinge." Listen to one of the mellower tracks on Diamond Eyes or Koi No Yokan​ and then listen to "Twinge." Maybe I'm just hearing it differently?

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I'm talking specifically on "Twinge." Listen to one of the mellower tracks on Diamond Eyes or Koi No Yokan​ and then listen to "Twinge." Maybe I'm just hearing it differently?
    Oohhhh ok man... I didn't know you were talking about that track specifically. I DEF hear some Deftones influence in there for sure.. I would say no older than the S/T, to the albums you mentioned. What I also like about it is it still has that Chevelle vibe as well. I always thought they did such a good job on the creepy/slower songs. It reminds me of This Type Of Thinking Could Do Us In which is not only one of my favorite album titles ever, but my favorite Chevelle album next to La Gargola. What do you think of Hunter Eats Hunter??? I think it is one of the more stronger songs on the album.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    "Hunter Eats Hunter" isn't one of my favorites on the album. Maybe a few more listens could do something for me, but right now I will say "I don't hate it."