Thread: Batman: Arkham City

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Yes. Yes freaking please.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Something told me to hold off on playing game+ mode. Now i know what I will be sporting through that playthrough.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Finally!

I've used nothing but the New 52 skin for my Batman skin choice.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Hate to double post but

Batgirl's DLC, A Matter of Family, is very good. It's not too long but it isn't as quick as Harley Quinn or Red Hood. I do not regret buying the season pass at all. I hope we get so so so so much more.

As for the DLC

Spoiler: I really enjoy the setting. Weird ass Joker ruled amusement park on a lonely island tower thing in the oceanside by Gotham. I've only done the first hostage rescue (the Ferris Wheel) and I am enjoying it.

Here is a SUPER FAIL and hilarious death I had.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 07-14-2015 at 03:49 PM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I enjoyed the Batgirl dlc. Still have to clean up the collectibles. Definitely worth it.

Next month's dlc is 89 Batman and batmobile skins with 2 racetracks from Batman Returns. Along with additional skins.

Another piece of what will be in the season pass dlc leaked today as well.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I'm trying to 3 star all the challenges but I have some locked, specifically the tank challenges. I have beaten the game and there aren't any tanks to unlock those challenges. Any ideas?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    I'm trying to 3 star all the challenges but I have some locked, specifically the tank challenges. I have beaten the game and there aren't any tanks to unlock those challenges. Any ideas?
    Hate to say it but NG+

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Are you serious? You think if I unlock them from there, they will show up on the challenges menu?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    Are you serious? You think if I unlock them from there, they will show up on the challenges menu?
    Everything carries over so why wouldn't they as well?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    That Batman 89 skin looks better than it did in the actual movie. That might end up being one of my favorite Batman costumes.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I finally finished the game this weekend, took me a little over a month since it came out. If you played any of the Batman games (including Origins cuz surprisingly that is quite referenced in this) this is worth playing, loved it overall buuut I did have a couple issues:

- I didn't mind the Bat Mobile at all when it came to Riddler stuff and the tanks but it played waaaaaaay too much of a role in this game, which sorta leads to my second complaint
    -I feel Rocksteady took the easy way out, I get this might have to do with how long this game was in production for, but unlike Asylum or City there was a real lack (well to me) of fighting those bigger named enemies in the game I guess the whole boss fight thingy.

Overall loved the game. It played and looked great, decent story and awesome Easter eggs all over the place. The Bat Mobile took a bit of getting used to but I finally got the hang of it. Riddler trophies were kinda annoying but no where need as they were in City IMO. Will probably get the season pass later on once everything is released and discounted, got a few other games I have to get to before then, same with possibly playing new game plus. I would rate this game an 8.5-9 a fitting closure to the trilogy and had nothing but fun for the most part playing this.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Finished the game a few days ago.

Pros: Gorgeous game, good story, awesome combat, and a fitting end to the Arkham series. LOVED the Joker stuff.

Cons: Too much batmobile, not enough boss fights, half the side missions were lame, and there wasn't enough sneaking around to kill isolated groups of thugs from room to room. Some may have found that repetitive, but I loved sneaking around and silently taking out thugs one by one while the remaining ones got freaked out. Also, there wasn't enough trippy shit. I loved the Mad Hatter/Scarecrow trip-out sequences from the first few games. There wasn't much of that here.

Also, don't see myself playing through this one again. I've done all I wanted to do, and I kinda have a hankering to go back to the first two games now.

Overall: 8/10

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    All I have left is about 3/4 of the Riddler stuff, really didn't think I would even get this far through all the extra stuff to do in this game. I won't be playing NG+ but I'll at least check out the Harley Quinn and Scarecrow DLC. Great game but I don't have any interest in playing through it again, maybe a year or two from now.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Finally finished off the Riddler stuff and got 100% completion on everything and finished the game.

Amazing, and seriously underrated considering all the bitching I've been hearing. I still don't understand what everyone hates so much about the Batmobile. I liked the tank combat challenges, and I thought the Batmobile was one of the best driving tunings I've played with in an action game. The car handles amazingly well... and it seems like everyone is overstating how often it plays into the main gameplay.

Overall, I loved the game. I'd still give my vote for game-of-the-year to Bloodborne (by a long shot), but this is still a pretty close second.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I haven't beat the game. I've been procrastinating and playing Witcher 3 as well. I hate getting collectables. I only have like 83 or so Riddler's shit done. Ugh.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Powered through a bunch of the Riddler stuff today, about 60 left. This shit is tedious

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Is it possible to screw yourself out of getting the 100% riddler trophies? I was on the airship and I was tilting a crate because it had a joker trophy in it, and I tilted it so long that the crate that had the trophy inside fell off the airship and presumably into the water. I haven't gone back yet to see if it respawned but I'm guessing it didnt

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thiah View Post
    Is it possible to screw yourself out of getting the 100% riddler trophies? I was on the airship and I was tilting a crate because it had a joker trophy in it, and I tilted it so long that the crate that had the trophy inside fell off the airship and presumably into the water. I haven't gone back yet to see if it respawned but I'm guessing it didnt
    It should be on the beach on the ground. That is actually the way you are supposed to get that trophy (by tilting the airship and breaking the crate on the ground.)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RJK View Post
    It should be on the beach on the ground. That is actually the way you are supposed to get that trophy (by tilting the airship and breaking the crate on the ground.)
    That's actually one of the last like, 3 or so that I got...and I did the same thing, I tilted it out of the ship and before finally finding it was like 'What in the fuck did I just do.'

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Ooooh, shiny.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Hopefully a bale skin comes with. But I'm still not changing out my 89 for anything

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    It's new challenge maps, new mission of Nightwing trying to stop the Penguin from being broken out of GCPD, and the original Arkham Asylum skin.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Batman: Arkham City

Finally finished all the Riddler stuff last night, the full ending is pretty cool
    Last edited by kdrcraig; 08-22-2015 at 09:15 AM.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Took a peek inside this game for a few hours last evening. Found the story to be really lame at times. Like... there's a threat of gas being unleashed on the city and yet going to the chemical facility looking for clues isn't the first thing that's coming to his mind? Same with that scene where he's charging Scarecrow in that mixing chamber... he's acting like a complete amateur letting the villain trap him inside there. Seems to be all about what helps the plot going, not how it makes sense for the characters to behave. Which is a shame because it really took me out of the story. That never happened with Asylum and City.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by r_z View Post
    Took a peek inside this game for a few hours last evening. Found the story to be really lame at times. Like... there's a threat of gas being unleashed on the city and yet going to the chemical facility looking for clues isn't the first thing that's coming to his mind? Same with that scene where he's charging Scarecrow in that mixing chamber... he's acting like a complete amateur letting the villain trap him inside there. Seems to be all about what helps the plot going, not how it makes sense for the characters to behave. Which is a shame because it really took me out of the story. That never happened with Asylum and City.
    He was affected by the gas and the past toxin since he has Joker's DNA from City. That's why he acts incompetent and irrational when it occurs.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    So, he's basically acting like a complete retard and somewhere down the line they're like "Guess what, he was affected by the gas the whole time!!!"?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by r_z View Post
    So, he's basically acting like a complete retard and somewhere down the line they're like "Guess what, he was affected by the gas the whole time!!!"?
    I wouldn't say the "guess what" line but it was easily implied the very moment he started acting strange during Spoiler: Oracle's suicide.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    The remaining season pass content (through the end of the year) has been announced here.

Can't lie, finally tacking on more actual story missions and having the Batman v Superman skins does look legit. May actually pick up the pass down the road...

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Out of the blue, a possible leak suggests that June will see a release of 'Batman: Return To Arkham', the remastered collection of the first two Arkham games. Updated graphics and all DLC. Preorders apparently drop tomorrow...