Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Batman: Arkham City

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    53% done entirely, mainly due to work and other things I haven't had as much time to plow through this as a lot here...haha. All in due time. I'm not trying to one week this game. I want it for a long time of play.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    It's only been gliding around Gotham for just over a week but Batman Arkham Knight is dropping the first DLC of its season pass on July 14th. Batgirl: A Matter Of Family is a prequel to the events of Arkham Knight, following Barbara Gordon prior to her role as Oracle and has been developed by Batman Arkham Origins devs WB Games Montreal.

The team at WB is using the Batman Arkham Knight engine built by Rocksteady and the press release states that Rocksteady will be helming the rest of the season pass DLC. The expansion means we'll be getting an all new location to explore as Batgirl with "multiple missions, side quests and secrets."

As it's a prequel this probably means no exploring all of Gotham but Gordon's got a new hacking tool in order to explore and solve puzzles and she's also got Dual Play functionality with Robin so isn't being left out of the satisfying takedown fun.
    That was fast. Wonder how many will boycott the DLC due to Rocksteady not making it.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Not me, even though I'm taking my sweet time to get 100% before beating the story, I'll be down loading this.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    Not me, even though I'm taking my sweet time to get 100% before beating the story, I'll be down loading this.
    I'm in no rush to beat the main story at 100% either but these side stories and DLC I am more than ready enough to have/play.

I thought you were waiting for a "supposed" GOTY version?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Jeebus, Do I hate the Riddler race tracks, im stuck on I beliebe is the 8th mission and this one is just ridiculous, so much in fact that I got so annoyed, that I felt like I could rip Satan apart from his asshole. Not enough that he taunts you throughout the game when you arent even on his missions. Anyway, first DLC Batgirl is coming out July 14th. Anyone else excited for it?

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I'm in no rush to beat the main story at 100% either but these side stories and DLC I am more than ready enough to have/play.

I thought you were waiting for a "supposed" GOTY version?
    That was for mortal kombat.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theburningreptile View Post
    Jeebus, Do I hate the Riddler race tracks, im stuck on I beliebe is the 8th mission and this one is just ridiculous, so much in fact that I got so annoyed, that I felt like I could rip Satan apart from his asshole. Not enough that he taunts you throughout the game when you arent even on his missions. Anyway, first DLC Batgirl is coming out July 14th. Anyone else excited for it?
    I am for sure. My goal was to finish the game, get 100% for the true ending, run quickly through a New Game + all before then, but these Riddler challenges are driving me insane. I'm at 230/243 so I'm close enough to taste it but some of them are frustrating as hell haha...

edit: They were all in the subway, that's why I couldn't find them on the map. 243/243 down, time to go whoop the Riddler's ass.
    Last edited by october_midnight; 07-03-2015 at 07:13 PM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I just hit 50% of the Riddler trophies. So tedious but I'm grinding through.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    It really can be haha...but when you come across the ones you can just grab instead of solve a puzzle, you're like 'fuck. yes.' lol. Now that I hit 100% I'm gonna dust off the Red Hood and Harley and hopefully rock another New Game + playthrough before the DLC.

I was also thinking...I wonder how many other easter eggs are out there. Everyone can probably recall things in Arkham City that people were finding for months and months...I'm interested to see what's in the city now that the devs are thinking 'Can't believe they haven't found it yet.'

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Put the camera into first-person mode when you're doing the Riddler race tracks... makes them pretty easy, even to get the gold rank score for a lot. Press down on the d-pad.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Not enough that he taunts you throughout the game when you arent even on his missions.
    If he wasn't doing that he wouldn't be doing his job.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'll definitely check out the DLC even though I didn't get the season pass. I figured I'd just check out the DLC's as they are released and other people have checked them out. I'm pretty close to completing all of the Riddler Challenges as well. It's a little frustrating that I just realized that I have to go back to the Panessa Studios. Other than that, all I have left is areas where I won't have access to until I get a little further into the story.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Put the camera into first-person mode when you're doing the Riddler race tracks... makes them pretty easy, even to get the gold rank score for a lot. Press down on the d-pad.
    I beat it! Thank you for telling me that. It did, it made it a breeze I even had 10 seconds to spare on the last lap. Oh yeah Game + is challenging but fun, has anyone caught some of the Easter eggs in this game? If you want to talk about it pm me, I don't want to spoil it, if you havent disocvered it yet.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    These riddler trophies are tedious to get. I'm trying to get them all before I progress through story, I just got done with ivy's portion of the main story. How much do I have left? I don't want to complete the game till these trophies and riddler is in jail.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    These riddler trophies are tedious to get. I'm trying to get them all before I progress through story, I just got done with ivy's portion of the main story. How much do I have left? I don't want to complete the game till these trophies and riddler is in jail.
    They sorta staggered the ending to basically be three different endings depending on what you complete.

Also depends what Ivy part you are on.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I don't know how far you are, as without giving spoilers, there are a few moments with Ivy. I managed to get the 100% ending, by getting the Riddler, etc. I cut it as close as possible to the main story end: When you have a final main story mission that takes you BACK to Panessa Studios, that is the last possible time before there's no going back. So, to be clear, you can do that final Panessa Studios mission and still go back and get whatever Riddler trophies you might have missed, before you are no longer able to get the 100% ending.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    90% done, all I need are the riddler trophies/riddles and finish off the Azreal missions.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I've always thought Batgirl was a pretty lame character but this actually looks good as hell!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Is it just me or is Kevin Conroy's performance in this game terrible? It really feels like he phoned it in at times.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post
    Is it just me or is Kevin Conroy's performance in this game terrible? It really feels like he phoned it in at times.
    I wonder if the fact that Paul Dini didn't write this game had more to do with it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Now, I love this game as much as I did the day I bought it but, since I'm near the end, I think I have one more minor complaint: Does anyone feel like they over did it with the Batmobile missions? Like, I understand that it would be a bit tough to fight against an army who has tanks and shit without it. I just kind of feel like they could have dialed it down just a wee bit. I still think it's awesome and it's probably my favorite Batmobile so far.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    It's by far the most common complaint. And there's not a lot of variety in the fights, feels like the same battle over and over and over. Only real downside to the game. Not a deal-breaker though.

Beat it 100%. Had a great time.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Just got Riddler trophy number 243. Now I have to wait for my wife to get home so she can watch me fight him.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdrcraig View Post

He apparently has never heard Einstein's quote "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RJK View Post
    Just got Riddler trophy number 243. Now I have to wait for my wife to get home so she can watch me fight him.
    It's a fun battle, if not a bit on the quick side. Good luck!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Big problem with the Batmobile is it's sort of useless when you're not being forced to use it in a mission. You can glide to where ever you want to go much faster.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post
    Big problem with the Batmobile is it's sort of useless when you're not being forced to use it in a mission. You can glide to where ever you want to go much faster.
    Totally. Really no point to be in it unless you had to for a reason. In other news, completing the story in New Game + is ridiculously quick if you skip the cutscenes.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Glad to see someone capture all of these. Noticed a bunch of them, but the few I didn't are probably the best ones!