Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36
Results 1,051 to 1,072 of 1072

Thread: NIN at the Grammys

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    good god im late to the party on this, but that was a fucking train wreck. should have been trent and LB...and THEN QOTSA.
    All together, that shit was ROUGH.
    That's honestly the only thing that i've ever seen/heard nin do in 20 years that was...jesus im gonna say it was actually hard to watch.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Did you see the rehearsal footage with the correct mix? I thought the same thing about what I saw aired on the Grammys, but when I saw the other footage I thought it was really good. I still think it was the wrong song to perform, but what they did there with COA was sweet.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I like the rehearsal footage. The Grammy performance was shit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah that performance was god awful

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    So now that a video about a decent perfrormance is out, we can pull out our heads from the sand and actually admit how much the live perfrormance sucked? What a relief!

Edit: good to know some ppl still live under the ground though
    Last edited by Volband; 02-08-2014 at 02:59 PM.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volband View Post
    So now that a video about a decent perfrormance is out, we can pull out our heads from the sand and actually admit how much the live perfrormance sucked? What a relief!

Edit: good to know some ppl still live under the ground though
    Oh right, I forgot that music is now objective and can be clearly defined as sucking based on a given set of parameters, and that peoples' personal preferences don't need to be taken into account anymore.

I'm so glad I can finally start learning what music I won't like before I even hear it! What a time saver!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Oh right, I forgot that music is now objective and can be clearly defined as sucking based on a given set of parameters, and that peoples' personal preferences don't need to be taken into account anymore.

I'm so glad I can finally start learning what music I won't like before I even hear it! What a time saver!

Get a load of this guy

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Your sarcasm meter is not working?

It's great. About four weeks until the Australian tour, and I'm thinking it's going to be something special.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    I was lacking broadband (thanks U-verse) for a few weeks and am catching up on my downloads. I have the .ts file from Dime. Is that the same or different than what was available on RITC?

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    I was lacking broadband (thanks U-verse) for a few weeks and am catching up on my downloads. I have the .ts file from Dime. Is that the same or different than what was available on RITC?
    Same thing.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    i liked both performances. in fact, I preferred the loudness of Josh Homme's guitar in the actual Grammy performance. it seems too quiet in the rehearsal, too background.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post

It's amusing how some people - especially you - are delusional to the point it's not even funny. Trying to be a smartass does not help your point either; sure it attracts the sheeps, but that's really not hard to move them.

To top the cake, your last sentence makes 0 sense, I was talking about the live performance, and you twist my word around to look like the witty knight in the shining sarcasm armor, while you are just actually missing the point by a long shot. Though our previous debates worked the same way, so I'm not acting surprised. You should be a politician: whenever you are asked a question, just talk about something else, while looking fancy, so the ones without an own will can agree with it, even though they are not quite sure what's that all about.

On second thought, you made me realize I'm more than happy that the vocal NIN community is only consists of a handful of us. Anyway, at least you have some own thoughts to speak up with, while others spend $$$s to be able to facepalm stuff, because it's easier than gathering two sentences together, which might actually make (some) sense. Why is this board not run on reddit? We could fight for reddit golds and shit; I'm already having wet thoughts by just the thought of it.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Are you guys still talking about the Grammys? I'm pretty sure that everything that needed to be said, has been said.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I said that like ten pages ago.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volband View Post
    It's amusing how some people - especially you - are delusional to the point it's not even funny. Trying to be a smartass does not help your point either; sure it attracts the sheeps, but that's really not hard to move them.
    You don't like sarcasm, so I'm going to try to be straightforward: It's absurd that you think that people that don't agree with you are "sheep". You say some interesting things on here, but you often come off as extremely condescending or confrontational because you think too highly of your own opinion.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Thanks for the like, theimage13, I liked you back. To the top comments section, we go hand in hand!
    Quote Originally Posted by m15a View Post
    You don't like sarcasm, so I'm going to try to be straightforward: It's absurd that you think that people that don't agree with you are "sheep". You say some interesting things on here, but you often come off as extremely condescending or confrontational because you think too highly of your own opinion.
    Just for the record: I like sarcasm. Someone can't be condescending and confrontational without liking it.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Some people liked the song once they heard the good mix of the rehearsal footage, some people still didn't like the song. THAT'S OK. WE ARE ALLOWED TO HAVE DIFFERENT OPINIONS ON NINE INCH NAILS RELATED THINGS AND ALL STILL BE FANS OF THE BAND. /hippytalk

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    Some people liked the song once they heard the good mix of the rehearsal footage, some people still didn't like the song. THAT'S OK. WE ARE ALLOWED TO HAVE DIFFERENT OPINIONS ON NINE INCH NAILS RELATED THINGS AND ALL STILL BE FANS OF THE BAND. MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN. /hippytalk
    /thread910

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    Some people liked the song once they heard the good mix of the rehearsal footage, some people still didn't like the song. THAT'S OK. WE ARE ALLOWED TO HAVE DIFFERENT OPINIONS ON NINE INCH NAILS RELATED THINGS AND ALL STILL BE FANS OF THE BAND. /hippytalk
    Then again, who talks about the best version out there? I couldn't care less about personal opinions on that, that's totally up to your taste. I was talking about the original version, that sucked ass, no matter which perspective you observe it from. I just found it funny how it seemed more acceptable to admit the truth after an actually decent version surfaced, but let's not even go there, because it was the second part of my point. No need to rush there.

And you people wonder why I call sheeps sheeps. Damn right I'll be condescending to peeps who do not even know what they are stating an opinion about out there. And what did I tell you about not being able to put two sentences together. Whatever, at least he tried; still more than the others could show. It's probably for the best if they remain silent.

/and here I thought I'm accustomed to zombies in a middle of a The Walking Dead marathon/

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    you know, i gotta admit, i didnt like the rehearsal footage too much either. but that's just me.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    Are you guys still talking about the Grammys? I'm pretty sure that everything that needed to be said, has been said.
    we were waiting for you to say so

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    la fin du monde