Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15

Thread: True Detective

Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    I think we should take everything we learn from Wayne's p.o.v. with a grain of salt. It's evident that oldest Wayne is suffering from either Alzheimer's or some form of dementia which makes him an unreliable narrator.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Apparently Niccy P. Shut down that angle. He said that there aren't any tricks in the narrative like that.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    Apparently Niccy P. Shut down that angle. He said that there aren't any tricks in the narrative like that.
    Sad, because that would have been pretty brilliant.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    The kid's mom might be involved too. She apparently wrote the note.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    !!!!!

Big time forward motion tonight. Great acting by the two character actors playing the dad and the uncle too.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    So it seems like the real red herring here was Spoiler: the kids secret friend. Who turns out to be probably the cloudy eyed black dude. Perhaps he moved the body, but I truly don't think he hurt those kids

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    the dude who showed up to the book signing.....was he the same cloudy eyed black dude or a different guy? I'm leaning towards different?

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Wrong eye!

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Spoiler: Pink room giving off some Lynch-ish vibes at the end to me. Brilliantly creepy stuff which has been lacking a little this season, compared to the first anyway.

The 2015 stuff is a little hard for me to watch, having aging parents of my own. They aren't forgetting stuff as bad as Hays is but it still connects somehow. For someone just in his 40's, Ali is pulling off the old-age stuff incredibly well. Dorff too, who I hope will get a boost in Hollywood because of how brilliantly he's pulling this off.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Yes, this is probably my favorite episode out of the bunch so far. One camera trick I love is when they make it seem as if past Wayne is seeing future Wayne in real time, or looking at himself in reflections; it is very well done. Ending of the episode was fantastic, along with that creepy ending! Really hope the season goes out with a great payoff. Plus, they're already talking about making another season and I can dig that.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Have yet to watch this season but I'm glad to see some nods of approval here. I'll probably avoid this thread until i get thechance to see it myself.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Well I was super wrong about that red herring lol

Spoiler: my new possibly wrong theory is now that Julie is a replacement daughter for the hoyts.... Right?

And there's this! At the eleventh hour .. oh boy https://www.reddit.com/r/TrueDetecti...a_a_different/
    Last edited by Wretchedest; 02-18-2019 at 02:51 AM.

Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Dear god...
    I have enough theories and ideas to fill about ten pages. And, while I'm sure most of them are wrong, I've been thrilled that I was right about some.
    I'm also loving some of these easter eggs.
    I would discuss it here, but don't feel like fucking with spoiler tags right now.

For the record, btw, I feel like this season is exploring the possibility of elite pedophilia.
    Remember when the creator told people what to Google to see that something like the first season DID happen?
    I have a feeling that he could do.the same with this season, and he'd be telling people to look at J. Epstein and such. Ugh.

At any rate, this is the best show on tv, whether the above is correct or not.
    It's just SO. FUCKING. GOOD.

It MAY be better than season 1: it's hard to say. Matthew Mc and Woody teaming up was a dream come true. If one of the actors WASN'T one of those two,as in, if either of them weren't in it, I think I'd prefer this season.

If you're avoiding this one because you didn't feel Season 2, WATCH IT.
    It's a return to form. Season 2was aight, but it just didn't feel like the same show to me.

THIS one does.