Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Dreams with Trent/NIN in them

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    I had a dream last night where I was seeing NIN but they were in my old high school's theater. They opened with 1,000,000 but the sound was fucked up so they said they would be right back after fixing it. It was like 3 hrs in dream time of just waiting for it to be fixed. Really strange dream. I woke up and went back to sleep and my next dream was just me cleaning the toilet.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Had another dream with Trent in it. I'm just gonna leave it at that......

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    I dreamt I was at a huge stadium sized arena gig last night and Trent let me sing a few songs along with Rob Sheridan. It was weird.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    I dreamt I was at a huge stadium sized arena gig last night and Trent let me sing a few songs along with Rob Sheridan. It was weird.mmmkay
    fixed it for ya

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Random NIN Thoughts

I just had another NIN-related dream, but the details escape me.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    We should have a NIN dream thread. haha

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)

Random NIN Thoughts

Didn't there used to be a nin dreams thread? I had one recently where nin was playing a festival in Chicago at 930 in the morning. I had a dentist appointment at 10a in Chicago (my dentist is here in Atlanta) across from the venue. So I could see nin playing from the window of the waiting room. This wasn't good enough for me tho. I just kept running around and shushing people.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    I wouldn’t mind listening to someone play Wish on a dentist’s drill, now that I think of it.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Last night I dreamed TR was doing something involved with … MySpace?

Yeesh.

Getting back to reality, it must make him feel good that things like MySpace have come and gone, and he’s still here. (“I surviiiiiiived everything…”)

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Yet another goofy NIN dream. The "venue" was a really small room, the band was a mere few feet away in a little square area with a small lip surrounding then most of the way around. I was sitting on Trent"s right side, there wasn't many people there. Technical problems had him cursing up a storm and calling the behind the scenes guys names. Trent was kinda sitting at a desk with random shit on it and after the second song he angrily told those of us in front to grab whatever we wanted. I bolted up and took a CD but I must have grabbed a few more things he was still using cuz he came over to take them back. He offered to sign one of the CDs I had but was getting snippy cuz I was fumbling the stuff nervously. He started in with kind of a jokey skit song that sounded like Jingle Bell Rock and my aunt and uncle showed up for some reason, loudly saying hi to me. This caught Trent's attention and he came over to pin a necklace on my gf (still singing the cheesy loungey new year type song) and that's roughly when I woke up.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Yeah, this thread just happened. Deal with it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I've been in Nine Inch Nails before.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Now that I think about it - I've never dreamt anything even remotely related to NIN or Trent Reznor. I guess that's more likely to happen if you're female.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Heh, 3 days ago I had a dream about the upcoming NIN show in Poland.

For some reason the concert was rescheduled to be in another Polish city - Poznan (NIN was there before in 2009). So in this dream I went to Poznan and I was waiting in the line. Then 60 minutes before the concert I realized that I forgot to take the NIN.com pre-sale ticket with me... and that's it. I awake. :-D

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    This is the type of fandom that every popular band has that really creeps me out. This one and band fanfiction.

Eck.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    I had a dream last night that my brother and I were at a NIN arena show. No defining characteristics to mark it as a specific tour; I just remember Ally and Robin being in the lineup. Must've been working too, because at one point we wandered back to catering for a few minutes during the set.

Even in my dreams, I'm a boring concert-goer.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Because we are so obsessed we learned to control what we dream about.
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    This is the type of fandom that every popular band has that really creeps me out. This one and band fanfiction.

Eck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I remember back when I got TDS and listened to it on repeat, I had some of the most brutal, vivid nightmares. One of them included Trent chasing me down a corridor with a hammer, yelling: "I'm gonna smash your head in!".

Good times.

Seriously, I miss those dreams. My dreams got kinda boring as of late.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    This was perhaps from watching them a lot, or listening in the case of And All That Could Have Been (Live) as I didn't get the DVDs long after getting the CD, but as far as dreams went, I have dreamed about being in Closure and And All That Could Have Been (Live) only to wake up as soon as I realized, "No fucking way!"

I've also dreamed about being at Woodstock 1994, and the Head Like A Hole and Down In It music videos... which I'm also thankful for... as I don't want to end up in Happiness In Slavery or any part of the Broken video for that matter.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 01-14-2014 at 02:10 AM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Had an awesome dream regarding the Greatest Hits release Interscope is making happen someday. As a kind of promotional item, you could buy a fucking beautiful art book that had everything from never before seen photographs (behind the scenes, interviews, etc) with making of info sectioned off for every album. It also had a bunch of art ideas (like Rob's wall of WT concept art photo) and interviews with the artists, which included detailed descriptions of how the art was made, etc. And this book was fucking big, like 11x14 and a good 1-2 hundred pages long. Super detailed, with lots of full-bleed images. Anyway, this book (bound in black leather with an embossed NIN logo) was being sold in stores, and when you bought it, it counted as a pre-order for the greatest hits album package. IT WAS AMAZING.

I just really love art, ok?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    help! anyone have any hints/tips on how one would go about dreaming of nin/tr? i have tried a bunch of activities before going to sleep like watching music videos, reading lyrics, looking at pictures, sometimes all at the same time but i just end out dreaming about real world stuff, made way cooler by a universe of no real boundaries (except those of which are nin related).

also a question to those who have had dreams about tr, then subsequently met him: are his proportions the same in the dream or different?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by draven View Post
    [COLOR=#ff0000]also a question to those who have had dreams about tr, then subsequently met him: are his proportions the same in the dream or different?
    Dude... what?

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by draven View Post
    also a question to those who have had dreams about tr, then subsequently met him: are his proportions the same in the dream or different?
    For me, they were actually of him as The Downward Spiral era Trent and The Fragile era Trent, but as soon as I realized that wasn't so, I woke up. I'm also horrible at controlling dreams, but trying to fall asleep while listening to Nine Inch Nails sometimes helped. However, I actually don't do that now even if I wanted to, because the headphones I have are very uncomfortable to sleep on. Sorry for not being that much of a help, but those little things sometimes worked for me. Ironically, I didn't even intend to just dream about NIN. It just happened. From my understanding, practicing lucidity can definitely help you find NIN in your dreams as you can just make NIN appear whenever you felt like it. However, mastering lucidity is often the tough part. It would've been nice to be a natural at lucid dreaming though, because it's actually effortless for some people.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    For me, they were actually of him as The Downward Spiral era Trent and The Fragile era Trent, but as soon as I realized that wasn't so, I woke up. I'm also horrible at controlling dreams, but trying to fall asleep while listening to Nine Inch Nails sometimes helped. However, I actually don't do that now even if I wanted to, because the headphones I have are very uncomfortable to sleep on. Sorry for not being that much of a help, but those little things sometimes worked for me. Ironically, I didn't even intend to just dream about NIN. It just happened. From my understanding, practicing lucidity can definitely help you find NIN in your dreams as you can just make NIN appear whenever you felt like it. However, mastering lucidity is often the tough part. It would've been nice to be a natural at lucid dreaming though, because it's actually effortless for some people.
    It was my understanding that draven was making fun of people having dreams about Trent, including a penis joke to make them seem not only over-obsessive but also sexual in nature.

"are his proportions the same in the dream"

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    It was my understanding that draven was making fun of people having dreams about Trent, including a penis joke to make them seem not only over-obsessive but also sexual in nature.

"are his proportions the same in the dream"
    Oh yeah, that actually occurred to me, but it was far too late by then, and I could actually see that kind of joke on The Meathead Perspective.

-Edit-

And yes, that's my fault, as I really have a tendency to take a lot of things seriously and literally. I was still able to see the humor in it though.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 03-23-2015 at 06:00 PM.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    My NIN dream last night consisted of me seeing them in Mexico City. I'm Hispanic but my Spanish is terrible. So I was at a total loss as everyone was trying to communicate to me on Spanish.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    I was witnessing what I assume was a sound check. NIN was playing at Target, which I think I worked atI ? was trying to get my mum to call and get me backstage access/vip table seating while this was going on. They were supposed to be playing inside but I was watching them play outside. There was a dorky skinny guy with long black hair in the band who acknowledged me as I passed the stage with groceries or something. I was going to go back and hang out, maybe paint my nails, while waiting for the real show to start.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfkiller View Post
    I was witnessing what I assume was a sound check. NIN was playing at Target, which I think I worked atI ? was trying to get my mum to call and get me backstage access/vip table seating while this was going on. They were supposed to be playing inside but I was watching them play outside. There was a dorky skinny guy with long black hair in the band who acknowledged me as I passed the stage with groceries or something. I was going to go back and hang out, maybe paint my nails, while waiting for the real show to start.
    Ha ha. NIN at Target? I'd see that and buy my laundry soap and chap stick. Killing two birds with one stone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfkiller View Post
    I was witnessing what I assume was a sound check. NIN was playing at Target, which I think I worked atI.
    So... weird. Had a dream a few nights ago that they were playing at Wal-Mart. There was a lot more to the dream but yeah... odd.

Also had a dream a few years ago while I was in CA for the last Wave Goodbye shows where I was wandering through a forest and came upon a stage with NIN about to play. They then began to play Rusted Root's "Send Me On My Way".

It was hilarious.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    I think this is the start of a dream hacking ARG. Tour 2014 will be held at shopping centers across America.