Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Dreams with Trent/NIN in them

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Trent's furrows in his brow are deeper than the Grand Canyon.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'm really starting to dig the idea of him doing this.
    Perhaps as a joke or prank. XD

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icecream View Post
    Had a dream where I was at the Pemberton festival later this year and somehow had a media pass in the front for the NIN show. Trent came out in a tux and all the songs were arranged like cheesy Michael Buble songs and he sang them like he does.
    Lounge Against the Machine. Oops. Wrong band.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Had a dream that I was chilling with Trent and MQ. All of a sudden, they had to pick up their kiddos from preschool. So off they go, driving their Phantom Rolls Royce. I was left to lock up the mansion after them but I saw someone trying to intrude on their neighbor's house. I ended up fucking the intruder.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Huh. Clearly, I've been breaking into the wrong houses in my dreams.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I had a dream last night that Trent and Allesandro were onstage and Allesandro said to Trent, "You ready?!?" and Trent replied, "Let's do this!!!" and as they gave each other a huge high five, simultaneously a massive confetti canon went off and the crowd went absolutely nuts! They then jumped on separate scooters with timpani drums attached to the front and rode them on a track that extended into the crowd and began to play 'Copy of A'

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    i used to have lots of sex dreams involving trent when i was probably 14 or 15. they grossed me out and made me feel awkward. he's never been my type.

this thread is weird.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by c0f3d View Post
    this thread is weird.
    Dreams are weird. ETS is weird. We're weird. Ergo, this thread is perfectly normal.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    I had a dream last night, and it fit me like a glove.

Yeah, rock out, whatever.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    I had a dream last week that was weird even by my standards. I was living in some kind of commune, and I was pissed off because people were getting my shirts dirty just when all the clothes washers disappeared.

Trent was sympathetic, but mostly he just wanted to sit in the corner with a homemade air cannon and punch holes in my walls. I dunno why he would show up in that particular dream … maybe the disappearing clothes washers were a Year Zero thing.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    I have always thought this thread was goofy. I had dreams about trent, but it was about 20 years ago.
    Well, i had one the other night!

In my dream, i was at this bar with two stages. I had just come there to have a drink. Gradually i realized that NIN was playing one stage, and Rasputina was playing the other!

I have seen both bands four times in real life, and i was trying to decide what show to watch. The only reason i thought of watching rasputina is because i was afraid that the NIN room would be packed to the back and VERY hot inside.

Then i went into the room where NIN was to play. There were only 20 or thirty people in there!
    I thought "Holy Shit, i have to get my ETS friends down here QUICK!
    So i started posting from my phone for everyone to come out ASAP.

Here is the funniest part. When the guitar tech came out, she was wearing a t shirt with some kind of NIN "crest" on it.
    It was kind of like a Marlboro logo, but with NIN where the PM should go.
    Anyway, the banner at the top part of the crest said NINE INCH NAILS ROAD CREW.

And...wait for it...the banner at the bottom said (edited: something slightly embarrassingly obscene )
    Last edited by elevenism; 11-28-2015 at 10:58 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    We were on an overnight car drive and had both The Fragile CD's playing.

My wife was lucid dreaming during The Frail into The Wretched and pretty much came up with the premise of a a sci-fi/fantasy novel. I hope you all get to read it someday!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I and a couple of my friends were waiting for Trent at an airport I guess. It was 2007 and by appearance he was the 1991 Lollapalooza Trent. It was dark and raining, Trent was a bit annoyed cause he was sick. I asked him why hasn't he been playing Happiness in Slavery live and if he will ever play it again. The answer was he was trying to rehearse it with the guys but failed several times and that he will play it at some underground show, or something like that. Before I said goodbye to him and told him I was sorry to bother him since he was sick and tired, I asked him if he sees That's What I Get as his most embarrassing song regarding lyrics, next to Kinda I Want To, since it's one of my favorites. He said yes and that he will never perform it again. Then we parted ways and I woke up!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    From last night: I was at a show on the current tour, but it was a very small indoor venue similar to Planet Hollywood (except the back of the stage had no wall, so that side of the room was open to the outside for some reason). My ticket was for Row 5 on the floor/pit area.

I showed up to discover that instead of chairs, we had marks/circles on the ground, which were supposed to be our "assigned standing areas." I thought that was silly, so I asked someone nearby who had apparently been to this weird venue before if we were allowed to just go and stand by the rail instead. He thought maybe we were, so I bolted up to the rail to grab a good spot.

Trent immediately came out (unannounced, per usual, but they hadn't even set the single light up yet, so I was really surprised when he walked out). Instead of CoA or SD, he launched right into the "NOW! YOU KNOW!" part of The Wretched (no build-up, and no Frail) and after that song segued into Starfuckers, Inc.

I distinctly remember thinking in my dream that this wasn't the "fuji" or the "assault" set, but likely rather some new "mega assault" setlist. Sadly, I woke up soon after and will never know what the rest of the set contained

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Newbie here, had my first dream about Trent the other night. He was a guest at my childhood home and all of my massive extended family were there and they were all making a fuss and wanting to get their photo taken with him and I couldn't get anywhere near him. Next thing I knew we were alone in my childhood bedroom with the pale pink walls and pink garden animal curtains and pink floral sheets on the bed. I wanted to talk to him but he was very tired and he wanted to go to sleep in my childhood single bed. And I wanted to hop into bed with him but I remembered I was married and woke up.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    I had a dream that I had something that belonged to Josh Eustis. Somehow Trent showed me where he lived so that I can return the item. Josh lived with Snoop Dogg in a raggedy old house by the 10 freeway. Both Josh and Snoop were nice to me and wanted to have a barbecue. They invited Trent and that's when I woke up.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    i had a goofy if somewhat disturbing dream the other night...
    We, being most of the members of ETS who are here all the time, got tickets to a very special, very intimate NIN show.
    and we chartered 2 boeing 737s to pick everyone up. it was so fucking awesome...until we got there and they wouldn't let us in...there was something wrong with our tickets.
    this whole thing had cost us a couple of hundred thousand dollars, and we could hear NIN playing while we were still arguing with the mall security (it was at a mall for some reason) about the validity of our tickets.

then i woke up.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Had a dream that Saul Williams released a new album, and if you bought the deluxe edition you got access to online-only goodies throughout the next year. The first one came right away, and it was a full album based off NIN music.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    Had a dream that Saul Williams released a new album, and if you bought the deluxe edition you got access to online-only goodies throughout the next year. The first one came right away, and it was a full album based off NIN music.
    I kinda want your dream to come true.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I just had a dream that I was with a bunch of people waiting in a classroom of sorts for TR to come and do a Q&A with us.
    For some reason, I was in a very dishevelled state, and others told me I looked like shit so I went and sat in the last row of seats so no one would see me.
    TR showed up about an hour late, told everyone he was in a hurry and sat down for a round of questions. Then he noticed me and asked "What the hell happened to you?"
    It was intensely embarrasing.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Dreamt last night that Trent was a guest judge on RuPaul's Drag Race. This should happen in real life.

"I'm a big fan of your ballgown."

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I dreamed Trent hired me to play in his band. I didn't rehearse and I had no idea how to play the songs. I was on stage and Trent didn't care if I was ready. Nobody in the band really knew me. I was like : "Why am I on stage?"

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixML View Post
    I dreamed Trent hired me to play in his band. I didn't rehearse and I had no idea how to play the songs. I was on stage and Trent didn't care if I was ready. Nobody in the band really knew me. I was like : "Why am I on stage?"
    Are you Alex Carepetis

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    i just read this thread and didn't remember one of the dreams i posted in it.
    dreams ARE really fucking weird.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    I always Have Lucid dreams and one night, I dreamed that i made a movie of TDS.

I still remember every little detail of it.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    I had a dream that Trent, MQ and Kim Thayil were gonna make Pink Floyd-esque music. I don't think I would be interested in that.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Had a dream that Billy Corgan and Marilyn Manson were walking around with me in an empty mall, and we talked about how they were planning on a tour with their bands and NIN. Needless to say it was a disappointment to wake up and realize my brain was just being full of shit.

Had another one recently that I was at a NIN show and it was more or less my dream setlist, only to wake up as they started to go into In This Twilight. Tried to go back to sleep and recapture the magic, it was lost.

Before any of the NIN shows I've been to, I've had intense nightmares of getting to the venue or being halfway there only to realize I had left the tickets at home, or my ID for pre-sale. It's the lamest thing, but I'd wake up in a legitimate panic until realizing I was dreaming about a dumb problem. One of these might've scared me more than some of my genuinely serious nightmares in the past. I'm not sure what that says about me as a person.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    My husband had a NIN dream the other night that they were playing in a big venue and he was run ragged chasing our kids round while I watched the show!

Also, according to twitter, some NY DJ and Mark Ronson dream of him too, no specifics though

https://mobile.twitter.com/sammybana...54751673507840
    Last edited by WorzelG; 12-24-2014 at 11:41 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Aaah. Just remembered I had a dream where I went to a NIN concert and they played 6 songs. I felt so annoyed that I spent $100 on that.

I think the dream had more to do with my money issues than NIN though.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    DUDE fucking Trent Reznor dreams... I had a dream that I was watching a highschool play that Trent Reznor was in! So similar.