Thread: Dreams with Trent/NIN in them

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Went on a holiday trip with a strange group, a mix of current colleagues and classmates I've had about a million years ago. The man was there too, of course, first as the pilot of our plane, then as an employee of the hotel we were staying at. He was also that author Steve Alten, somehow, but that's just a trivial side note. We had a small party and he played me (as in an audio file, on a computer) a new remix of Discipline - with a badass re-tooled bass line, think Sanctified '13 - following my complaint that we're out of booze already.

I didn't even connect the two things (drinking and Discipline) until I thought about the scene awake, but wow. Neon-sign postcard from my subconscious, if I ever saw one. Been reading/listening Dan Millman's "Peaceful Warrior" stuff this week and that self-improvement via self-control theme was definitely a huge and somewhat expected influence on my thinking and dreams, but the TR package in this case was a neat touch. I'll probably never have a spiritual (or not) wise guide to follow in real life, but this was great. A memory to cherish till the very end.
    Last edited by Microwave Jellyfish; 10-05-2016 at 05:23 PM.