Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: Dreams with Trent/NIN in them

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I cannot imagine how weird it would be to be Trent Reznor, an actual human being, and find this thread where people who do not know him are having dreams about him. That must feel very odd.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Back in the 1990s, I loved falling asleep to the Quake soundtrack, as well as Selected Ambient Works Vol. II..

Now I listen to the score work and the Ghosts stuff (preferably V and VI because they're more gentle) and I have the most tripped out dreams, where I can actually hear the scores and the music in my dreams as they're playing out, basically being soundtracked. I'm especially keen on Vietnam War, Ghosts VI, Waves, Gone Girl and the almighty Bird Box Unabridged..

A lot of people say the scores all start to sound the same after awhile and they're not necessarily wrong, but frequently I'll be listening to a score track (while awake) and I suddenly remember the part of a dream I was having when that particular piece was playing, even if I have everything they've done on shuffle..

Falling asleep to their score work has become one of my favorite things to do each day because I can't wait to see what I'm going to dream about while my favorite musician is scoring the entire thing. Does that make me nuts on some level? I'm perfectly okay with that..

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    had a dream last night that NIN was playing Radio City Music Hall in NYC...but inside the venue wasn't really Radio City and it was a combination of being indoors/outdoors. For some reason, NIN was playing in the lobby instead of the stage? Trent was walking his dog during the performance, and there was mud on the stage. They opened with "I Do Not Want This" . I was somehow working security or something. I walked up to the balcony, and the band stopped after the first song. Trent came up and we had a quick chat, saying there was some technical issues and they were waiting it out. He disappeared, and the show was cancelled. Weird dream.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    I had a dream that the NIN top management guys made an announcement that they were going to redesign the NIN logo in order to attract new and younger listeners.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I had a dream that i went into a music store and there were all sorts of Pretty Hate Machine variants for sale. :P

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Had a cool dream the other day.
    I was walking through some town on a path through a park and then around some apartment buildings for whatever reason. It's perfect sunny summer day, and I had my music in my earbuds. 'Hollywood Sunset' by Barry Adamson (from Lost Highway) comes in, only it's some different version with more synths and programmed beats instead of live jazzy perc. I'm looking at my walkman screen and apparently I was listening to a live album or bootleg of Nine Inch Nails performing Lost Highway soundtrack in full. Only had time to think "pretty cool they did that thing live" before dream ended. No other music was dreamed that night.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Another dream where TR let me listen to some mythic song that might or might not exist. It was Just Do It. It surprisingly sounded very PHM era poppy. The intro had all sorts of Oooohing and Aaaaahhing in it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I had a fairly extended dream last night that began with me, TR, and some other people hanging in a living room on various midi devices. I was clumsily playing with some synth pads, and he made a fucking sick loop to go with it. It gets cringey from there so I'll spare you all, but it was a pretty cool dream and had me in a good mood to start the day.

I also frequently dream about a secret 4th EP after Bad Witch haha

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostaustin View Post

I also frequently dream about a secret 4th EP after Bad Witch haha
    "ISN'T EVERYONE" The dream is real!!
    "TRUE" Hell yeah!
    "OLD TOWN ROAD" Oh no
    "I'M ON A ROLL" Oh fuck it was a nightmare

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    "ISN'T EVERYONE" The dream is real!!
    "TRUE" Hell yeah!
    "OLD TOWN ROAD" Oh no
    "I'M ON A ROLL" Oh fuck it was a nightmare
    hahaha definitely was something more surreal

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Lol, this popped up in my memories on FB:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I would actually love to see that! Lmao!

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Woke up from a dream that there was a new Nine Inch Nails album called “Discard Your Business” and I checked my phone to see if maybe there was something new and I just dreamt the title up.

Alas.