Thread: Random Celebrity Headlines

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Well, exactly, it’s not about the photo, it’s about CONTEXT. A female with zero “power” over other women in her industry is joking about her friend’s boobage. So is Katy Perry, who’s seen this photo before and thinks it’s hilarious. Saying “ah so it’s okay for a WOMAN to do that and not a GUY?” is just a lame attempt at changing the narrative and being deliberately obtuse.

And I think there may also be some lesbian-blaming with this shit, too. I think the photo is hilarious. So does Ellen’s wife, who is laughing in the photo. Oh, but Ellen is a LESBIAN so she’s a GUY?

Um ... NO.

My girlfriends and I have grabbed each other’s boobs and joked, and we ogle, and we do other crazy shit with each other. Which does NOT GIVE HARVEY WEINSTEIN PERMISSION TO DO IT. Because HW is a controlling pig who ruins your career if you don’t give him a naked massage.

I would totally ogle Katy Perry’s boobs, and I’m a girl with less power in the patriarchy (she has way more power than me OR Ellen) so YES THERE IS A DIFFERENCE. It’s NOT a double standard, it’s a bullshit way of looking for ways to blame females for MEN shit. Timing? It’s Katy Perry’s birthday.

This all makes me sad. We will never make progress. We are doomed.

Mariska has her mother's eyes, by the way.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post

Mariska has her mother's eyes, by the way.
    i guess given context was it concentrically/ did you take offense? on any given. you can watch guys. look on pat their teammates on the ass. if that was a female gymnast , would we have issue? sexual constructs
    suck
    -louie

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Louie_Cypher View Post
    i guess given context was it concentrically/ did you take offense? on any given. you can watch guys. look on pat their teammates on the ass. if that was a female gymnast , would we have issue? sexual constructs
    suck
    -louie
    Oh I've always found this picture to be absolutely hilarious. Sophia Loren is thinking "they are going to fall out; there's no way they are staying put!" And that's something that I've thought often as a woman watching other women with a deep cleavage "how is she getting them to behave?".

I agree with @allegro on this. It's all about context. Unless they are a female sexual predator, a lot of us women will oogle each other out not out of any sexual thing but because we think "dang; that's one hell of a bra she wearing, I want one just like that!"

And of course, for those who did not know: Mariska Hargitay (Olivia Benson in Law & Order SVU) is Jayne Mansfield's daughter.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    Oh I've always found this picture to be absolutely hilarious. Sophia Loren is thinking "they are going to fall out; there's no way they are staying put!" And that's something that I've thought often as a woman watching other women with a deep cleavage "how is she getting them to behave?".
    I’ve always thought that Jayne Mansfield’s right nipple is popping out in that above pic LOL.

Also, in the Ellen and Katy pic, Ellen is obviously being funny. She’s not “ogling” in a gross way. When you put your boobage out there in a deliberate way, they’re bound to get the attention you desire. Ellen is going “HOLY SHIT GIRL YOUR GIANT BOOBS ARE STICKING OUT!!” Lol lol

Edit: OH BUT WAIT THIS!!! https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity...ernet-w163059/

Also, if Ellen’s head was swapped out for Lucille Ball’s or Carol Burnett’s in that Katy photo, nobody would be talking about it. Because they’re allowed to do slapstick and Ellen isn’t, evidently.
    Last edited by allegro; 10-29-2017 at 01:33 AM.