Page 54 of 67 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,620 of 2006

Thread: Random Celebrity Headlines

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Man, that was somewhat difficult to watch (I'm a big fan of his and his voice), but at the same time I'm glad he's on the road to recovery.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Neil Diamond has Parkinson's and is now officially retired from touring: http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/...l_twitter_abcn

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Stan Lee rushed to hospital in serious condition with an irregular heartbeat. NOOOOOOOO.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Stan Lee rushed to hospital in serious condition with an irregular heartbeat. NOOOOOOOO.
    He is in stable condition

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Just saw...thank fuck!

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    what the fuck is going on with rose mcgowan?

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    what the fuck is going on with rose mcgowan?
    I think it's that time of the month...

OK, that was a joke.

Honestly, I think she's gotten this idea of being a crusader but associating with a channel that caters to the lowest common denominator isn't going to help her cause.
    Last edited by thevoid99; 02-02-2018 at 12:44 AM.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    she went on a bizarre tirade at a barnes and noble, aimed at a trans woman. then went on colbert and seemed so ... off.
    Last edited by kel; 02-02-2018 at 12:58 AM.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    she went on a bizarre tirade at a barnes and noble, aimed at a trans woman. then went on colbert and seemed so ... off.
    So, she's now become a self-righteous whack-job. Didn't she and Trent had a thing for a while?

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    No. She dated Marilyn Manson during the Mechanical Animals period (1998 or 99).

She is 1000000000000% correct about suits, though. Whomever came up with the status centered concept of wearing them was a fucking asshole that was comprised of 20% substance and 80% bullshit presentation.

She has not had things easy. Grew up in a cult as you saw (I had a big crush on her after seeing The Doom Generation in 1997 or 98 and did some research/read/saw interviews).

Her cause is good (she means well) and yeah, she’s damaged as a result of what she’s been through. I would be a hypocrite (not to mention wrong) to attack her.
    Last edited by Swykk; 02-04-2018 at 04:35 PM.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    No. She dated Marilyn Manson during the Mechanical Animals period (1998 or 99).

She is 1000000000000% correct about suits, though. Whomever came up with the status centered concept of wearing them was a fucking asshole that was comprised of 20% substance and 80% bullshit presentation.

She has not had things easy. Grew up in a cult as you saw (I had a big crush on her after seeing The Doom Generation in 1997 or 98 and did some research/read/saw interviews).

Her cause is good and yeah, she’s damaged as a result of what she’s been through. I would be a hypocrite (not to mention wrong) to attack her.
    did you watch the footage from her barnes and noble meltdown? or her corbert interview? apparently she's called off all of her future engagements.

i saw her q&a, thought the confrontation was uncomfortable, but not without provocation. she just took it too far. i whole heartedly support her cause, but i don't know if she's in okay shape mentally to be doing appearances like that.
    Last edited by kel; 02-04-2018 at 11:30 AM.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    She’s booked for Real Time on Friday.

Saw Colbert and it wasn’t that bad. Didn’t see the Barnes and Noble thing.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Is there some irony in Rose McGowan having been damaged by growing up in a cult and then starting her own Rosearmy cult? To be honest I find it a bit disturbing. Also I really want Weinstein and his enablers to face actual consequences for their actions rather than just losing a career and I think she is harming the cause by making people just totally associate her with it, when many women are involved

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    I saw her on The View. I feel bad for her, she has some serious emotional stuff going on right now.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Yeah, agreed. Like, she has some deeply problematic views, and that's bad, but she's also clearly in need to support and help for her mental health. It's sad.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by playwithfire View Post
    Yeah, agreed. Like, she has some deeply problematic views, and that's bad, but she's also clearly in need to support and help for her mental health. It's sad.
    She’s been through hell.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-...-army-of-spies

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Yeah, I remember when that article came out. Also like, getting positioned as a "figurehead" of sorts when what she needs is to heal, and then like, her probably also wanting the validation that came from that, and, ugh. It's just rough. Sure, she has some incredibly wrong and shitty opinions about trans people and does white feminist bullshit. But like, she needs help. It's sad.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Man, so, weird as fuck update to this that I can't go into much detail over because the NYC queer community is a small place, but it turns out that the woman who Rose flipped out over and I have a couple of shared connections. Since she's been accused of sexual assault by like, multiple people, that's concerning, but I don't think I'm in a position to really do much. They're pretty widespread already. Sexual assault accusations within tiny communities are always a mess.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    ROSE was accused of sexual assault? Or a woman Rose has been “flipping out” over?

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    The latter. I have no idea how much of it is gross alt-right TERF bullshit. It's super weird and shitty. There's also some fairly damning stuff in there but it's being shared by like transphobic assholes. It sucks.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Oh, so it's, like, a real thing but being used in the wrong way to promote the wrong thing.

Regarding Rose: I don't think the world insisting on labeling people who have been sexually assaulted is really helping anybody right now, either. I know that labels help people with various causes but sometimes labels divert people with their own traumas and they just help to further divide instead of heal. Rose is still full of anger and hate and rage, and maybe her movement is fueled by that, and maybe people need to understand that? Her entire career was destroyed by one person, deliberately. It wasn't fair, and she's literally obsessed with it and I guess I can't really blame her. Do I think it's healthy? No. But can I blame her for trying to help others from being a victim, too? No. Do I think that's her only motive? No. Do I sit around thinking about Rose? No. But am I going to chase her around at book fairs hurling questions at her to bait her? No.

There is going to be a lot of feminist/trans/cis-women clashes for a long time until it's worked out, that's a given, because females have been suffering as women for a long long time and it's like a lot of feminists have been wearing hair shirts and are, like, now saying "hey, fuck, we've been treated like shit, here and in lots of other countries since the beginning of time, and if you want our sympathy you got it but when you join our club then welcome to the club of being treated like shit, it's why we have a club in the first place." Rose has her own way of dealing with things right now that's really far from any "official" feminist stance on anything, and really there isn't any official feminist stance on anything. There really never was. And feminists have been fighting with various groups (including gay guys) since the beginning of feminism. I don't know that it's ever really gonna change, either. It's like the in-fighting between gays and lesbians, and how the "LGBs" don't really get all that excited about protecting the Ts, it's just typical territorial "live in my shoes" suffering stuff. I think this will take a lot of time, this stuff doesn't get worked out overnight. Relatively speaking, even the woman's movement is pretty new.

And because Rose is still REALLY fucking paranoid, having been arrested at the airport before the LAST Women's march for having cocaine when she swears she doesn't DO cocaine, that she only smokes pot, and that somebody (meaning WEINSTEIN) was behind the whole thing, and she now seems to believe that pretty much every thing she does has some kind of conspiracy behind it against her. Which may or not be true, I don't know.

But, yes, Rose is obviously emotionally damaged and is a walking wounded person and I don't think she should be as out there dealing with this stuff as much as she is, and I feel bad for her. She is having some kind of emotional break right now, and it's not going to turn out well unless she steps away for a little while.

There is so much crazy shit going on right now, I just wanna wake up in about 20 years and pretend it was a nightmare and wake up in Shangri La.
    Last edited by allegro; 02-05-2018 at 03:58 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Amazon officially fires Jeffrey Tambor from 'Transparent'.

They apparently finished their investigation in to the accusations and found them to be credible.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Director Kevin Smith suffers massive heart attack.

Damn, almost lost another great one.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Director Kevin Smith suffers massive heart attack.

Damn, almost lost another great one.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Heard he is ok now. He lost a lot of weight. The internet thinks he was cloned.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Got to admit I think it's funny, and I guess Kevin himself liked it too.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Damn, I wish Jas Shaw the best and hope he beats this...

Simian Mobile Disco cancel tour after Jas Shaw is diagnosed with rare disease
    http://www.nme.com/news/music/simian...isease-2274364

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Nickelodeon parts ways with Dan Schneider following abuse rumours:

http://www.hotnewhiphop.com/nickelod...ews.46651.html

I know rumours have swirled around for years regarding this guy, and are fucked up. He did however mastermind a lot of the cornerstone TV shows of my youth, so it's extra screwed reading these reports. They say it might lead to a Weinstein 2.0