Page 12 of 67 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Celebrity Headlines

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    I suggest a little tarring and feathering before sending him to jail. :/
    People don't get tarred and feathered anymore, we need to bring that back... It's probably even more unpleasant than it sounds, because this is the first time I realized the tar probably has to be hot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    All I know about them is that they are Ilan Rubin's former band; he left them to join NIN's last tour.
    And as well as that, one of the women charged with watkins has a nine inch nails tattoo. Poor trent. He already hates his fanbase.

e: also, she lives close enough to me that i've probably walked past her at some point and thought 'hey she's hot'. ugh.

e2: vv you're right, corrected myself
    Last edited by kenthebear; 12-21-2012 at 08:47 AM.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    He hasn't been convicted, he's been charged. There's still the possibility that this is all some mistake. Ian Watkins is an intelligent guy: it's shocking to think he'd get mixed up with anything like this.
    He (and the two women) probably weren't granted bail due to his celebrity status, and the possibility of a witchhunt from press and/or dutiful vigilantes.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post
    He (and the two women) probably weren't granted bail due to his celebrity status, and the possibility of a witchhunt from press and/or dutiful vigilantes.
    You don't deny someone due process simply because of who they are. That's a double-fast-track to a lawsuit.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Every time I read any of the news reports about these things lately my nerves stops me from thinking about the direct issues cognitively, but by effect I wonder if at any point the media/advertising/business at large will wake up to what they've contributed to the sexualisation of children. Between Britney Spears licking her lips in a school uniform, the countdown to Charlotte Church and Emma Watson turning 16, and thongs for kids in single figures.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    All the incidents alledgedly took place recently. If it is true sounds like he completely lost his mind.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    Every time I read any of the news reports about these things lately my nerves stops me from thinking about the direct issues cognitively, but by effect I wonder if at any point the media/advertising/business at large will wake up to what they've contributed to the sexualisation of children. Between Britney Spears licking her lips in a school uniform, the countdown to Charlotte Church and Emma Watson turning 16, and thongs for kids in single figures.
    They might when the ratings/ad revenue/business goes down.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    Like with all sensationalist bullshit we're drowning in, I think this is more about us still having creepy primitive urges that even we're starting to forget about, rather than media selling us something we don't want.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Thunderbirds creator Gerry Anderson dies.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...s-aged-83.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Huell Howser died He was a PBS staple for the past 2 decades. He made me laugh. Not sure he meant to...but none the less. I will miss him. He was a good guy.
    California Gold was my favorite "nothing on TV" show to watch. Learned a lot about California. RIP
    Last edited by Jan; 01-07-2013 at 06:26 PM. Reason: because I spell like a 9 year old

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm pretty bummed out about it too - he was always fun to watch randomly at 3am when I didn't know if he was trying to be funny, or if my lack of sleep helped entertain me more - RIP

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013...laims-daughter

Fucked up. Shame he never got to face the fallout of this whilst alive, but died scott-free.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013...laims-daughter

Fucked up. Shame he never got to face the fallout of this whilst alive, but died scott-free.
    Ugh. There was always some fucked-up shit about Klaus.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    “I can’t cry. I’ve got makeup on.” Profound stuff - the article almost humanizes Lohan's prima donna antics (almost being the key word.)

I'm a fan of Bret Easton Ellis and enjoyed some of Paul Schrader's early stuff, but there's no way anyone could be excited for that film after reading the article.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    I've read this a few times already. Wow... talk about a disaster in the making. Poor Paul Schraeder though. The man who Taxi Driver and directed such films like American Gigolo, Mishima: A Life in Four Chapters, Affliction, Auto Focus, and Light of Day (that featured a young TR) loses his mind when he works with a completely delusional and out-of-control has-been.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

Random Celebrity Headlines

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    It sucks that we lost him. He was one of the few working toward decentralizing power and preventing further centralization. He did a lot of good in his short time.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    That was during the Ferrell bit, which was hilarious. For some reason Tommy was having none of it.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Yeah I caught that....eeeveryone was digging it except him haha. Best part of the whole thing was how they didn't take the camera off of him for like 9 whole seconds...just slowly zooming in lol.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Re: Random Celebrity Headlines

I didn't catch the globes, what got him pissed?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Toward the end (but worth watching it all):

Spoiler: Nothing really...he apparently just thought it wasn't funny at all.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I agree. I didn't think it was funny either. Just badly written.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Meryal Streep.. didn't get a laugh out of you? Badly written?. Maybe the idea was penned down but the whole thing looked improvise to me.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    http://www.mercurynews.com/obituarie...n-realm-senses
    If you haven't seen his films, see them. Seriously.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post
    http://www.mercurynews.com/obituarie...n-realm-senses
    If you haven't seen his films, see them. Seriously.
    The only films of his I've seen are Merry Christmas, Mr. Lawrence and Empire of Passion. Two incredible films. I really hope to see In the Realm of the Senses.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Ian Watkins from Lostprophets has been arrested for child sex offences. Holy shit.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wa...1466-32456768/

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)

Random Celebrity Headlines

Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    Ian Watkins from Lostprophets has been arrested for child sex offences. Holy shit.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wa...1466-32456768/
    Isn't this old news?

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    Isn't this old news?
    About a month, but I just found out about it and didn't feel like sifting through pages on posts at the moment. Sorry if it was posted already but my jaw dropped to the floor with this one... really hope it is not true.