Page 59 of 67 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,770 of 2006

Thread: Random Celebrity Headlines

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    What incident?

https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/sta...over-tweets%2F

This is DISNEY we're talking about here. Have you seen the rules for people who work at the park? Super strict. They're one of the biggest companies in the world and go to extraordinary measures to make sure that their brand is clean. I've never even heard of James Gunn, but after some quick reading, here's my take: sounds like a nice guy, but the things publicly linked to his name are in extreme conflict with the rules that Disney sets out for their employees. He didn't fit the corporate code of conduct, so he was let go. If my company heard me making comments like that, I'd expect to be fired too. (Also, for those bad at math, 2012 was not ten years ago.)

This isn't some Black Mirror shit. This is a private company disciplining an employee whose public comments go against their clearly stated standards.
    Did you read the tweets from the guy who dragged those tweets back out into the light? You might be singing a different tune if you did.

And make no mistake about it: Disney was aware of those tweets. They hired Gunn specifically because of his previous work and his edgy sense of humor. The only reason they fired him was because they didn't want backlash from the alt-right community.
    Last edited by BRoswell; 07-23-2018 at 10:07 AM.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    They're one of the biggest companies in the world and go to extraordinary measures to make sure that their brand is clean.
    How come extraordinary measures did not uncover these tweets for which he has already publicly apologized for? Now, I'm not saying you can say anything if you apologize after, but Disney hired this guy knowing he was an idiot ~10 years ago, and when someone digs it up, the first thing they do is throwing him under the bus.

It's Black Mirrorish to me, because we live in a word, where you can just make someone unemployed and a public enemy by digging in their long past, since even a monopoly giant like Disney would just pretend they can't work with him anymore, than standing by him. Reminds me of S02 E06, where people on twitter were literally choosing which famous, albeit flawed person should die, and everyone was fine with it until Spoiler: it got turned against them.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volband View Post
    How come extraordinary measures did not uncover these tweets for which he has already publicly apologized for? Now, I'm not saying you can say anything if you apologize after, but Disney hired this guy knowing he was an idiot ~10 years ago, and when someone digs it up, the first thing they do is throwing him under the bus.

It's Black Mirrorish to me, because we live in a word, where you can just make someone unemployed and a public enemy by digging in their long past, since even a monopoly giant like Disney would just pretend they can't work with him anymore, than standing by him. Reminds me of S02 E06, where people on twitter were literally choosing which famous, albeit flawed person should die, and everyone was fine with it until Spoiler: it got turned against them.
    Kind of reminds me of when I supported Roseanne because I liked her show after she had only made one offensive tweet, but a lot of people here facepalmed me. She didn't get to make the apology rounds on talk shows, nope. She was just shitcanned into infinity.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Being a racist (repeatedly making racist comments) , posting a picture of yourself dressed as Hitler, and then claiming it’s a joke is not the same as dirtbags (one of which is an actual rapist) digging up decade old bad joke tweets to which Disney reacts to by shitting their pants and making a rash decision WITHOUT considering the sources or that they knew of these tweets before (Gunn apologized a long time ago).

This is a false equivalency. Roseanne hung herself bit by bit. Gunn? Not so much.
    Last edited by Swykk; 07-23-2018 at 10:41 AM.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    Being a racist (repeatedly making racist comments) , posting a picture of yourself dressed as Hitler, and then claiming it’s a joke is not the same as dirtbags (one of which is an actual rapist) digging up decade old bad joke tweets to which Disney reacts to by shitting their pants and making a rash decision WITHOUT considering the sources or that they knew of these tweets before (Gunn apologized a long time ago).

This is a false equivalency. Roseanne hung herself bit by bit. Gunn? Not so much.
    Indeed. And don't forget that Gunn took full responsibility for those old tweets and never tried to blame them on having taken Ambien or all the other shitty excuses Roseanne has come up with.

Also, see this: http://www.vulture.com/amp/2018/07/j...d-know-it.html
    Last edited by marodi; 07-23-2018 at 11:27 AM.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Here’s Bobcat Goldthwait being awesome and correct: https://www.instagram.com/p/BljB2QzH...d=5hudynrcsyjr

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Here's a good one worth reading that i saw Dave Bautista post on his twitter feed.

About the James Gunn stuff: https://geekmom.com/2018/07/james-gu...hing-the-past/

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    One thing I've noticed is that these alt-right fuckheads are smearing/attacking comedians and artists who have been very vocal in their opposition to them over the past few years. This is definitely not a coincidence. It's a coordinated effort to silence their critics.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Demi Lovato was reportedly hospitalized due to a suspected heroin overdose.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    I read the James Gunn tweets... Look, I'll be the first to say I don't get the "magic" here with these Guardians movies, I don't give a shit, I frankly hated the first one and only saw a little of the other...

But his SUPER OFFENSIVE TWEETS sound like drunk sleepy tweets, with nothing to really get riled about here other than "dude, you're drunk, go home!"

ALSO< FUCK YES TO BOBCAT! that was fucking amazing!!!!!
    Last edited by Jinsai; 07-24-2018 at 10:23 PM.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Did we talk about Les Moonves yet?

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2...ual-misconduct

This was what I meant when I said that a reporter needs to look into allegations of serial sexual misconduct.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    great perceptive actually muddies the watrs even more
    -louie

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    That pastor who groped Ariana Grande at Aretha Franklin's funeral on national tv
    ...just what the hell was he thinking? And that Taco Bell joke was uncalled for.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    =(

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    This is just crushing. Ugh. This killed my Grandpa in 5 months. :-(

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    This sucks! Plus I didn't realize he's 78! He looks amazing!

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    He'll be lucky to see the end of the year. I also cannot believe he is that old. Tragic.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    I love his dry sense of humor. This sucks

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    He'll be lucky to see the end of the year. I also cannot believe he is that old. Tragic.
    Who's this about? Can't see any link or anything.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jord View Post
    Who's this about? Can't see any link or anything.
    Alex Trebek has been diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    First witness to testify has been identified too:

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Get the popcorn ready!!

Jussie Smollett case will have cameras in the courtroom!

https://www.tmz.com/2019/03/12/jussi...-mark-geragos/

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Can someone explain to me why people are pretending this college admissions thing is such a big scandal? That is how this shit has been going down for generations. Why is this one some huge news story?

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Can someone explain to me why people are pretending this college admissions thing is such a big scandal? That is how this shit has been going down for generations. Why is this one some huge news story?
    Heh, I've been wondering the same thing all day, it's hilarious. Like, this is NEWS?!?!?! Doesn't everybody in the business world or in college know people where you think "there's NO WAY that person got into college the normal way; SOMEBODY got paid off."

Jesus, look at the PRESIDENT GEORGE W. BUSH! HE's a LEGACY Yale graduate! And we KNOW the ONLY reason that Donald Trump (AND Ivanka, and Don Jr. and Tiffany) got into Wharton was because the Trump family wrote Wharton big fat checks, MILLIONS OF DOLLARS.

It's one thing that the entire football team is mostly there because they play football. BUT AT LEAST THEY PLAY FOOTBALL.

I mean, LIKE SERIOUSLY????

And today people are like, "yeah, but once they get IN they have to do good in school to STAY in."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAAA.

They don't have to do SHIT. They can FIX all that shit.

I'm just glad that PEOPLE ARE FINALLY CAUGHT. Fuck this shit. Have fun IN PRISON. I hope they keep this sting going and fuck them all.

And all those white people assholes out there bitching that some person of color screws some white person out of spot at Stanford? yeah, FUCK YOU.
    Last edited by allegro; 03-14-2019 at 09:42 PM.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat Mom View Post

I'm just glad that PEOPLE ARE FINALLY CAUGHT. Fuck this shit. Have fun IN PRISON. I hope they keep this sting going and fuck them all.
    Except the president himself is guilty of pretty much this shit on steroids.... to the degree to which he was at least self aware enough to threaten his schools if they dared tell people what a shitty student he actually was.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Except the president himself is guilty of pretty much this shit on steroids.... to the degree to which he was at least self aware enough to threaten his schools if they dared tell people what a shitty student he actually was.
    The hilarious part is that NO school is allowed to release transcripts to anyone without consent, so Trump’s stupid threats weren’t even NECESSARY; they just brought attention to the fact that he OBVIOUSLY had shitty grades and a shitty SAT score. WHICH SURPRISES NO ONE. Trump only did this after publicly questioning OBAMA’s college grades and how Obama got into Harvard.

As stated in my above post, GW Bush, LEGACY admission, which - IMHO - is also bullshit.

And, for the record, George W Bush thinks it should be abolished, too.
    Last edited by allegro; 03-13-2019 at 11:59 PM.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Why is this one some huge news story?
    Because it's celebrities that got busted this time around.