https://www.cbsnews.com/news/bill-me...rce-statement/

Heyyyyyy Bill, how you doin'? lol

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    Bill & Melinda Gates to divorce after 27 years of marriage

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/bill-me...rce-statement/

Heyyyyyy Bill, how you doin'? lol
    I've never touched anyones weiner before besides my own.

...yet

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

well that's certainly a take on this clip that's been going around.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    I hadn't thought of it that way, but that take is accurate. Stewart abandoned his platform & disappeared into the background, only to come out every now & again w/pretty useless work. This new series he has coming sounds like it will be more of the same.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Mark Hoppus of Blink 182 has been in chemo for cancer the past three months. Nothing revealed in terms of what kind or what stage it was in but he's hopeful he'll pull through.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    I feel terrible for Mark, I hope he makes it through!

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    This is less celebrity than "celebrity" but the idea is kind of interesting, especially since it's about fake-christian sex scandals.

Is the evangelical view of sex at the root of our sex scandals? (religionnews.com)

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Am I the only one who's amused by the description of men as testosterone driven bulls that will screw anything or everything with a heartbeat and women as some sort of asexual, indifferent robots?

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    that's what amused me about the article. well, that and the fact it's written by one of those asexual indifferent robots so it won't be taken seriously by the fake-christian people at all.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    So we can free Bill Cosby, but not Britney? Cool.

"Judge Denies Request to Remove Jamie Spears as Conservator"

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/01/enter...tor/index.html

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I'm almost certain now we are in the worst timeline, the worst people are in charge the world over (or at least the ones making the big choices) people are more divided then ever, anger is everywhere. Climate change is not being taken seriously despite EVERYTHING pointing to it being a real fucking problem because a few rich arseholes want to make more money now. The same people do the same awful things and somehow still get away with it, nobody cares. I'm honestly worried for the future of my nieces because i just cannot see how any of this shit is going to be solved when the money people are all holding onto power...

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Not now, universe. Not now.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    ^ Damn. Any details as to why he collapsed?

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I'm hoping it was just an exhaustion thing and with some rest he'll recover.

Hope it's nothing super serious.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Looks like it was a heart attack, but the good news is he's stable. His son also tweeted that he's going to be okay.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv...ck-1234989892/

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Amanda Knox is sorta a celebrity, especially with a new biopic coming out about her.

wait, it's not a biopic?

I'm irrationally angry on her behalf.
    Which brings me to my screenplay idea! It’s directly inspired by the life of Matt Damon. He’s an actor, celebrity, etc. Except I’m going to fictionalize everything around it, and the Damon-like character in my film is involved in a murder. He didn’t plunge the knife per se, but he’s definitely at fault somehow. His name is Damien Matthews, and he starred in the Jackson Burne spy films. He works with Tim McClatchy, who’s a Harvey Weinstein type. It’s loosely based on reality. Shouldn’t bother Matt or Tom, right?

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Bill & Melinda Gates are now officially divorced

https://www.theverge.com/2021/8/3/22...ets-foundation

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    so instead of any of the more interesting choices, they go and give the job to one of their own? how convenient.

What Is Self-Dealing? A 'Jeopardy!' Producer May Become the Show's Permanent Host

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    He was very good when he hosted though, he had a very charming appeal. But I understand where you're coming from.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    @allegate Ouch. Have you read about his time during The Price Is Right? Jerkoff.

Now this is his updated statement: https://tvline.com/2021/08/09/mike-r...f-controversy/

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    so instead of any of the more interesting choices, they go and give the job to one of their own? how convenient.

What Is Self-Dealing? A 'Jeopardy!' Producer May Become the Show's Permanent Host
    I know there's that Price is Right lawsuit, although he wasn't the only one implicated in the lawsuit (everyone was sued); as a lifelong Jeopardy! fan, I think Richards was the best of all of those temporary hosts, it was instantly obvious.

Ken Jennings would be the WORST of the choices; not only is he a dud host, but he's also a total dick. Unfortunately.

I was also pulling for LeVar Burton, and there are a lot of really pissed-off fellow Trekkies out there.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Ken Jennings would be the WORST of the choices; not only is he a dud host, but he's also a total dick. Unfortunately.

I was also pulling for LeVar Burton, and there are a lot of really pissed-off fellow Trekkies out there.
    Agreed wholeheartedly re: Jennings; although I'm a huge fan of LeVar Burton from Star Trek (and being in the generation that grew up watching LeVar host Reading Rainbow on PBS) — I sincerely was hoping for a stirring performance during the shows he hosted but it was sadly a missed opportunity. I think he was a little too tense and/or excited, and stumbled a bit too much. Which is understandable... but also heartbreaking, because emotionally I wanted him to be so much better at it. Still a class act, and a wonderful presence on Twitter.
    Last edited by botley; 08-09-2021 at 04:29 PM.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Anyone watching it now? Joe Buck was terrrrible last night. Oof, I can't wait until he's done.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post

If this happens, then it will feel like the guest host format was just humoring the public, which is downright insulting.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by leo3375 View Post
    If this happens, then it will feel like the guest host format was just humoring the public, which is downright insulting.
    Nah, most of those people didn’t actually WANT the full time job. Only a few of them did.

And the ones who do kinda sucked. Some REALLY sucked.

I thought Aaron Rodgers was pretty good, but Rodgers is NOT gonna give up his real job to be a game show host.

I thought Stephanopoulos was good, but … ditto.

Jennings REALLY wants the job but he sucked. Burton wants the job, but (as @botley said), he didn’t cut it.

Being a good game show host is harder than people realize.

As was evidenced by the days that Vanna filled in for Pat. OMG horrible.
    Last edited by allegro; 08-10-2021 at 08:50 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Mayim Bialik is chosen to host spin-off series.

Great idea.

Some on IG are saying “tone deaf.”

Mayim is a Jewish woman, FFS.

https://people.com/tv/mike-richards-...ting-spinoffs/

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Mayim Bialik is chosen to host spin-off series.

Great idea.

Some on IG are saying “tone deaf.”

Mayim is a Jewish woman, FFS.

https://people.com/tv/mike-richards-...ting-spinoffs/
    I would say the tone deaf part is hiring Mike Richards. Super stoked for the Mayim episodes.
    They definitely made the announcement sound like it was a new second show but other entities are reporting she'll do special episodes like tournament of champions. I guess we'll see.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RJK View Post
    I would say the tone deaf part is hiring Mike Richards. Super stoked for the Mayim episodes.
    They definitely made the announcement sound like it was a new second show but other entities are reporting she'll do special episodes like tournament of champions. I guess we'll see.
    I mean... Richards certainly had a smooth performance, and I'm reserving judgment on the harassment lawsuit for now, but... this reeks of consolation prize for those disappointed in the choice of yet another middle aged white man. Bialik will end up having, what, 10 days next summer? C'mon now.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    But a huge group wanted Jennings. Who sucked. And is a middle aged white man. But they’re bitching.

And choosing Burton just because he’s black but also happened to suck as a game show host? Show cancellation in a year.

Won’t matter: Jeopardy! is likely doomed, anyway.

After the old white dude host died.

Quote Originally Posted by RJK View Post
    I would say the tone deaf part is hiring Mike Richards.
    This person on IG (a woman) specifically indicated that choosing both Richards and Bialik was tone deaf.

Assumedly because they are both white. (Again, neglecting to note that Bialik is a Jewish woman.)

TV is 100% about daily ratings and advertising revenue. 100%. Especially game shows.

Meanwhile gee look at allllllll the women game show hosts there are just sooooooo many. /sarcasm Now Vanna will turn the letter whilst sporting her evening gown or some model will point at YOUR NEW CAR!

Now there’s “Press Your Luck” with Elizabeth Banks, and “The Chase” with Sara Haines <- 2 women

Meanwhile, Steve Harvey (“Family Feud”), Anthony Anderson (“To Tell The Truth”), Michael Strahan (“$100,000 Pyramid”), Wayne Brady (“Let’s Make a Deal”). < - 4 black dudes
    Last edited by allegro; 08-12-2021 at 11:51 PM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    We're going to end up with hologram Trebek, aren't we?