Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
I understand that frustration as well, but my point still stands. The solution is not giving people grief about playing these roles, but supporting the people who could inevitably play those roles in the future. Even if she ends up quitting the role (which I doubt will happen), the problem is still there. In this day and age, it's easier for us to tear people down than to build up the people up who could solve it later on.
Hollywood casting agencies and production studios are the ones who can fix this, and they've been slow to make this happen. Getting angry about ScarJo teaming with the same director who did Ghost In The Shell (whose movie appropriated Japanese culture and ultimately bombed for doing so) for casting her and ignoring trans actors is how we make them fix it. Her PR response was garbage - invoking Jeffrey Tambor, a man a lot of us hate right now, as precedent for her doing this is completely tone def.

ScarJo has done three Woody Allen movies to try and get that Oscar nom and it. has. not. happened. She's a fucking Avenger - she's not doing this for money - she's doing this to try and get nominated for awards and with the Academy just recently welcoming in new members who are diverse, does she think she's going to get one now that the old white men have been diluted? Please.

Also - has anyone actually seen the man she's going to be portraying? She's gonna wear a fatsuit too because she's not putting on 80 lbs. for this role.