Page 60 of 60 FirstFirst ... 10 50 58 59 60
Results 1,771 to 1,800 of 1800

Thread: Random Celebrity Headlines

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Here's a good one worth reading that i saw Dave Bautista post on his twitter feed.

About the James Gunn stuff: https://geekmom.com/2018/07/james-gu...hing-the-past/

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    One thing I've noticed is that these alt-right fuckheads are smearing/attacking comedians and artists who have been very vocal in their opposition to them over the past few years. This is definitely not a coincidence. It's a coordinated effort to silence their critics.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Demi Lovato was reportedly hospitalized due to a suspected heroin overdose.

Mentioned
    360 Post(s)
    I read the James Gunn tweets... Look, I'll be the first to say I don't get the "magic" here with these Guardians movies, I don't give a shit, I frankly hated the first one and only saw a little of the other...

But his SUPER OFFENSIVE TWEETS sound like drunk sleepy tweets, with nothing to really get riled about here other than "dude, you're drunk, go home!"

ALSO< FUCK YES TO BOBCAT! that was fucking amazing!!!!!
    Last edited by Jinsai; 07-24-2018 at 10:23 PM.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Did we talk about Les Moonves yet?

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2...ual-misconduct

This was what I meant when I said that a reporter needs to look into allegations of serial sexual misconduct.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    great perceptive actually muddies the watrs even more
    -louie

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    That pastor who groped Ariana Grande at Aretha Franklin's funeral on national tv
    ...just what the hell was he thinking? And that Taco Bell joke was uncalled for.

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    =(

Mentioned
    775 Post(s)
    This is just crushing. Ugh. This killed my Grandpa in 5 months. :-(

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    This sucks! Plus I didn't realize he's 78! He looks amazing!

Mentioned
    213 Post(s)
    He'll be lucky to see the end of the year. I also cannot believe he is that old. Tragic.

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    I love his dry sense of humor. This sucks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    He'll be lucky to see the end of the year. I also cannot believe he is that old. Tragic.
    Who's this about? Can't see any link or anything.

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jord View Post
    Who's this about? Can't see any link or anything.
    Alex Trebek has been diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    First witness to testify has been identified too:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Get the popcorn ready!!

Jussie Smollett case will have cameras in the courtroom!

https://www.tmz.com/2019/03/12/jussi...-mark-geragos/

Mentioned
    213 Post(s)
    Can someone explain to me why people are pretending this college admissions thing is such a big scandal? That is how this shit has been going down for generations. Why is this one some huge news story?

Mentioned
    775 Post(s)
    Can someone explain to me why people are pretending this college admissions thing is such a big scandal? That is how this shit has been going down for generations. Why is this one some huge news story?
    Heh, I've been wondering the same thing all day, it's hilarious. Like, this is NEWS?!?!?! Doesn't everybody in the business world or in college know people where you think "there's NO WAY that person got into college the normal way; SOMEBODY got paid off."

Jesus, look at the PRESIDENT GEORGE W. BUSH! HE's a LEGACY Yale graduate! And we KNOW the ONLY reason that Donald Trump (AND Ivanka, and Don Jr. and Tiffany) got into Wharton was because the Trump family wrote Wharton big fat checks, MILLIONS OF DOLLARS.

It's one thing that the entire football team is mostly there because they play football. BUT AT LEAST THEY PLAY FOOTBALL.

I mean, LIKE SERIOUSLY????

And today people are like, "yeah, but once they get IN they have to do good in school to STAY in."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAAA.

They don't have to do SHIT. They can FIX all that shit.

I'm just glad that PEOPLE ARE FINALLY CAUGHT. Fuck this shit. Have fun IN PRISON. I hope they keep this sting going and fuck them all.

And all those white people assholes out there bitching that some person of color screws some white person out of spot at Stanford? yeah, FUCK YOU.
    Last edited by Cat Mom; 03-14-2019 at 09:42 PM.

Mentioned
    360 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat Mom View Post

I'm just glad that PEOPLE ARE FINALLY CAUGHT. Fuck this shit. Have fun IN PRISON. I hope they keep this sting going and fuck them all.
    Except the president himself is guilty of pretty much this shit on steroids.... to the degree to which he was at least self aware enough to threaten his schools if they dared tell people what a shitty student he actually was.

Mentioned
    775 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Except the president himself is guilty of pretty much this shit on steroids.... to the degree to which he was at least self aware enough to threaten his schools if they dared tell people what a shitty student he actually was.
    The hilarious part is that NO school is allowed to release transcripts to anyone without consent, so Trump’s stupid threats weren’t even NECESSARY; they just brought attention to the fact that he OBVIOUSLY had shitty grades and a shitty SAT score. WHICH SURPRISES NO ONE. Trump only did this after publicly questioning OBAMA’s college grades and how Obama got into Harvard.

As stated in my above post, GW Bush, LEGACY admission, which - IMHO - is also bullshit.

And, for the record, George W Bush thinks it should be abolished, too.
    Last edited by Cat Mom; 03-13-2019 at 11:59 PM.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Why is this one some huge news story?
    Because it's celebrities that got busted this time around.

Mentioned
    775 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Because it's celebrities that got busted this time around.
    And a bunch of unknown rich people!!! (Thumbs up!)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cat mom View Post

and all those white people assholes out there bitching that some person of color screws some white person out of spot at stanford? Yeah, fuck you.
    yassss!

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Yeah, I'm in an "eat the rich" mood all the time now, so seeing that a bunch of rich people cheated a system in the dumbest way possible is super satisfying. Also, do the Kushners again.

Mentioned
    775 Post(s)
    OMG

WTF

The comments are hilarious.

Somebody points out that a quick Google search shows that it's bullshit:
    Last edited by Cat Mom; 03-14-2019 at 09:21 PM.

Mentioned
    775 Post(s)
    See this:

Harvard's incoming freshman class is one-third legacy—here's why that's a problem

Top schools now have record low admission rates, but only some students have to worry about what that means for their chances. Legacy admissions, at elite institutions especially, put a select few at a distinct advantage.

Harvard's incoming class of 2021 is made up of over 29 percent legacy students, reports The Harvard Crimson. Last year's applicants who had Harvard in their blood were three times more likely to get into the school than those without.

The case is the same at Stanford. In fact, across the top 30 schools in the U.S., one review from 2011 discussed in the Washington Post found that children of alumni "had a 45 percent greater chance of admission" than other applicants.

Legacy students tend to be wealthy and white, students who, as a group, are already disproportionately represented at college. The New York Times found that, at five Ivy League schools, Dartmouth, Princeton, Yale, Penn and Brown, as well as 33 other colleges, there are more students from families in the top one percent than from the entire bottom 60 percent.

That's not an accident. In fact, in the early 20th century, universities introduced a preference for legacies on purpose to exclude less-desirable applicants, such as immigrants, and to keep their campuses homogeneous, Think Progress reports. Princeton adopted a comprehensive admissions process in 1922, which led to a drop in its Jewish student population. The chairman of Princeton's Board of Admissions acknowledged that he had wanted to solve their "Jewish problem."

Nowadays, supporters of this tradition are more likely to argue that alumni with kids at their alma mater will be more inclined to donate and so boost overall fundraising. But that claim has been proven false.

As the Washington Post notes, Chad Coffman found in his book, "Affirmative Action for the Rich," that when seven colleges stopped accounting for legacy status during the admissions process between 1998 and 2008, there was "no short-term measurable reduction in alumni giving."

Prioritizing legacy crowds out applicants from lower-income backgrounds, and those students arguably need more what elite schools have to offer: a great education, connections and resources such as tuition scholarships and grants for unpaid internships that will help them join the professional class.

At this point, low-income students are vastly underrepresented at elite institutions. Nationally, 40 percent of students receive federal aid in the form of a Pell Grant, the Boston Globe reports, but they only account for an average of 16 percent of Ivy League undergraduates.
    Last edited by Cat Mom; 03-14-2019 at 09:26 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    So sick :-(