Page 48 of 67 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 58 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 2006

Thread: Random Celebrity Headlines

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    What a shitty way to come out, a really bad move on his part. "I'm sorry I tried to assault a child but hey, I'm gay!" Uh...ok.
    Last edited by Nyx; 10-30-2017 at 04:47 AM.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Not only this is an extremely lame attempt to somehow shift the attention, it's also nothing new to begin with. When I was getting into House of Cards years ago, whenever a discussion came up about Spacey, people were talking about him being gay as pretty much a fact, so it's not much of a shock factor.

PR people are failing left and right in the midst of all these sexual assault news popping up.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I don't know about y'all but personally I wouldn't want me coming out as gay been associated with been accused of sexual assault.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Anyone who's been following the movie industries for as long as I do *knew* that Kevin Spacey and Jodie Foster being gay were Hollywood worst kept "secret". I don't dig into celebrities personal lives and I've been reading about him being gay since he won an Oscar for the Usual Suspects. That he chose to finally acknowledge it while addressing allegations of sexual assault made against him is absolutely disgusting.

If Anthony Rapp seems familiar to you and you're not watching him in Star Trek Discovery (in which he is marvelous, by the way), it may be because you've seen him in Adventures in Babysitting, which has become a nice cult classic since it came out in 1987. I believe him, by the way. He has disclosed this story once before some years ago without naming Spacey.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Kevin Spacey is one of my favorite actors of all time. This is really hard to hear.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    This doesn't excuse his behavior but Spacey is lucky in the fact that Spacey's allegations are getting Farrah Fawcetted right now. What I mean by that is Farrah Fawcett passed away hours before Michael Jackson's death was announced.
    The Kevin Spacey story is getting buried by the Mueller investigation and the press isn't paying a lot of attention to it. However I have seen one story that House Of Cards is cancelled based on the allegations. Netflix will release the 6th and final season of House Of Cards in the future.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disassociative View Post
    I don't know about y'all but personally I wouldn't want me coming out as gay been associated with been accused of sexual assault.

The Jim McGreevey defense.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Jesus fucking Christ, people in Hollywood are fucked up.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mfte View Post
    The Jim McGreevey defense.

I mean not only is it just a shitty defense (I MAY HAVE SEXUALLY ASSAULTED A MINOR BUT ITS OK LOL IM GAY) - it’s just so... it feels gross. I mean for starters what is supposed to be a celebratory and liberating thing more often than not he has now used to try and deflect some purely awful allegations. Something tells me the LGBT community isn’t going to welcome him with open arms. It just feels like he’s taken something that’s a big deal for us to try and spin a negative into a positive.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Next up to the guillotine: Jeremy Piven

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    I mean not only is it just a shitty defense (I MAY HAVE SEXUALLY ASSAULTED A MINOR BUT ITS OK LOL IM GAY) - it’s just so... it feels gross. I mean for starters what is supposed to be a celebratory and liberating thing more often than not he has now used to try and deflect some purely awful allegations. Something tells me the LGBT community isn’t going to welcome him with open arms. It just feels like he’s taken something that’s a big deal for us to try and spin a negative into a positive.
    no, he's not welcome. his statement/pseudo admission/coming out isn't just gross, it's incredibly irresponsible and honestly dangerous.
    Last edited by kel; 10-31-2017 at 10:54 PM.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Andy Dick just got fired from 2 projects by sexually harassing someone. Seriously, who is stupid enough to hire this has-been?

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    Definitely not a "Hollywood" issue. This is a shitfest that is deeply rooted in our entire culture.
    Exactly. This is the kind of shit that happens everywhere in this country, all of the time. It's just getting more attention when it's celebrities.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Next up to the guillotine: Jeremy Piven
    Next up to the guillotine: Brett Ratner.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Olivia Munn told that story years ago. Maybe there will finally be consequences now for scummy Ratner?

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    UGH that article is disturbing. What a pig. No, wait, I don’t want to disparage pigs.

And the DENIALS through his attorney are WORSE, ugh.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    I was furious when I saw this. Sure enough, I've already seen a bunch of torch wielding "THIS IS WHY YOU GAY ASS LIBTARD FAGS SHOULDN'T BE AROUND CHILDREN" type of comments. The dumbest shit ever. Like, these people are obviously already morons. But this adds fuel to their fire, and sadly, will probably sway some people who were on the fence about maybe finally not being homophobic assholes.

I personally appreciated his initial response - it was honest. I mean, a drug and alcohol fueled party THIRTY YEARS ago...it's not realistic to think "oh yeah, I totally have a super clear recollection of everything I did while high and/or drunk on the night of November 1, 1987". Shit, how many people don't remember what they did last Friday? I don't think he was trying to avoid apologizing or taking blame with that statement - I think he just genuinely doesn't recall that happening. And let me be perfectly clear: I am not stating that being inebriated is an excuse for any kind of behavior. But yes, it can make you genuinely not remember doing something after the fact.

So he admitted to not remembering, and saying that if the allegations were true, he owed a major and sincere apology. I mean, 30 years after the alleged incident, what more can you do? He should have left it at that, and kept anything else that needed to be said between him and his accuser.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Next up to the guillotine: Dustin Hoffman.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    GAHHHHHH EWWWWWWWWW What the fuck

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Brett Ratner was not surprising since he always comes off as a douche.

I think the next person called out on this is Michael Bay.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    If Tom Hanks gets mentioned I’m out

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    Brett Ratner was not surprising since he always comes off as a douche.

I think the next person called out on this is Michael Bay.
    Maybe I'm misremembering the context, but isn't this why what's-her-face was fired from the third TF movie? *Googles* Oh wait, that was just that she said he was Hitler.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Take a number, fellas! You too, Danny Masterson

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    If Tom Hanks gets mentioned I’m out
    And Robert Redford. I've always thought very highly of him.

The one that would devastate me, if he's ever mentioned, is RDJ. Him I would take personally.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    The case against Danny Masterson as a result of accusations of sexual assualt in the early 2000's, has been slow going despite "overwhelming" evidence that points to his guilt. I've been wondering if sooner or later Scientology will be the next domino to fall, but if even a D-lister like him can get away with this then there's little hope as far a I can see anyway.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I would love to see Scientology fall and fall hard forcing them to pay all of the money they ripped off from people and see those who profited from this bullshit be DELETED!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Kevin Spacey has now officially been accused of sexual harrassment by eight employees of the House of Cards production as well.

fml.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Oh Spacey. You stupid motherfucker.

I just read that another victim of Weinstein had come out in Paz de la Huerta whom Weinstein had raped twice in which she became an alcoholic and that was why she got kicked out of Boardwalk Empire.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    Oh Spacey. You stupid motherfucker.
    He's been dropped by Netflix, both for House of Cards and for an up coming Gore Vidal biopic and he's been suspended from House of Cards itself.

I've been enjoying this creep's career for over 20 years now and I'm not the only one who did.

We've all been Keyser Söze'd, folks.