Page 38 of 67 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 48 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 2006

Thread: Random Celebrity Headlines

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post

Now the black community is even getting involved saying this was an act of white privilege... are you fucking kidding me??? What a shame.
    I saw that too. How crazy are some of those BLM activists? They are not helping their movement.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Wrong thread.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Last edited by Your Name Here; 07-25-2016 at 02:08 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Your Name Here View Post
    It might have helped if the crowd that was watching would have shut the fuck up! .
    EXACTLY this, the fucking crowd is what alerted the gorilla that the kid was in the moat and what got the gorilla really agitated. The crowd should have STOPPED SCREAMING. Assholes.

Also, that zoo sucks (as do most). There should be NO WAY that any stupid fucking human can get into these enclosures. This shit happens FAR too often. Last I checked, humans aren't endangered.
    Last edited by allegro; 05-30-2016 at 05:16 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    Wrong thread.
    Sorry. I thought this gorilla was a celebrity.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Last edited by Your Name Here; 07-25-2016 at 02:08 PM.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    My parents saw this video and they're just disgusted as I am. We have a cat that we inherited years ago as I love that cat. We just lost our dog last October as she was with us for 17-18 years.

What was that fucking woman doing? Why didn't she watch her goddamn kid? My mother wants to slap the shit out of her.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    I don't care that a breach hasn't happened so far, the zoo has been LUCKY because today's humans are FAR MORE STUPID and don't give a shit about the animals. Do a Google search of how many fucking morons have either deliberately or accidentally ended up in animal enclosures in zoos and the animals were killed nearly every time (except for a few times where gorillas had actually been trained to give things back that had fallen into the enclosure and, both times, the gorillas were females, not males). Ultimately, the zoo needs to put up a HUGE FUCKING GLASS WALL to protect the animals from the stupid fucking humans.

Even suicidal humans, like this dude:
    http://fox6now.com/2016/05/22/zoo-of...ats-enclosure/
    Last edited by allegro; 05-30-2016 at 06:30 PM.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Ultimately, the zoo needs to put up a HUGE FUCKING GLASS WALL to protect the animals from the stupid fucking humans.

Even suicidal humans, like this dude:
    http://fox6now.com/2016/05/22/zoo-of...ats-enclosure/

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    The mother posted this on Facebook:

"I want to thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers today. What started off as a wonderful day turned into a scary one.

"For those of you that have seen the news or been on social media that was my son that fell in the gorilla exhibit at the zoo. God protected my child until the authorities were able to get to him.

"My son is safe and was able to walk away with a concussion and a few scrapes... no broken bones or internal injuries.

"As a society we are quick to judge how a parent could take their eyes off of their child and if anyone knows me I keep a tight watch on my kids. Accidents happen but I am thankful that the right people were in the right place today."
    It was an accident folks. The kid fell into the gorilla exhibit. Surely the zoo is going to be sued over their gross negligence since they keep exhibits in which people can simply fell by accident! :|

Link: http://www.joe.co.uk/news/video-show...-zoo-pen/63532

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    It might have helped if the crowd that was watching would have shut the fuck up! Apparently the crowd making noise while the child was in the cage was part of the reason that the gorilla became aggressive and caused him to establish his dominance. He pulled the kid through the water a couple of times but he never really did anything other than that. I only watched the video once and I couldn't watch it again.
    I love animals and the fact that they killed him just broke my heart. I'm going to say something that isn't politically correct but I don't fucking care, I would've rather seen the gorilla live and the kid die.
    I love animals, I fucking hate people what can I say.
    I dont understand that way of thinking. A fucking kid is literally one bad moment away from getting his life ended and you would rather have a gorilla live?

Have people been that shitty to you where you rather have some innocent kid who knew no better die?

I love animals too. There is a mountain lion prowling around my land and I would not even hesitate to shoot it because I am protecting my kids.

Grow up.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Yeahhhh ... an accident ... he tripped over a bush and fell into the gorilla enclosure moat. Accidentally. Never mind climbing through a fence, under some bushes, and getting down a 20 foot moat.
    Last edited by allegro; 05-31-2016 at 09:26 AM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    I love animals too. There is a mountain lion prowling around my land and I would not even hesitate to shoot it because I am protecting my kids.

Grow up.
    Mountain lions aren't endangered.

Neither are kids at zoos. Witnesses say the kid told his mom that he wanted to go into the water in the gorilla enclosure, twice, and she said no. But unendangered kid was determined. Then endangered gorilla died.

I remember going to the Detroit Zoo quite often when I was a kid, and I remember being young and looking at those animal areas and being afraid of them, thinking the animals could GET OUT and get us. Evidently, this kid was not taught that swimming with 400-pound gorillas was a potentially dangerous activity.

Some kids need to be on a leash; get distracted in a crowd and the kid could have been kidnapped by child sex traffickers, and the outcome wouldn't have been like this.
    Last edited by allegro; 05-31-2016 at 09:28 AM.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I dont even know why I bother posting shit that isnt music related.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Last edited by Your Name Here; 07-25-2016 at 02:07 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Whoa, look, if anything positive comes from this, it's:

(a) Zoos REALLY must increase their perimeter security (and PETA should continue to out the ones who don't)

(b) parents must have a serious discussion with their kids prior to zoo visits about wild animals, that they are dangerous, and the importance of staying far out of the enclosures.

And parents need to ... ugh ugh ... COME ON, PEOPLE ...

http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/12/us/cle...-cheetah-fall/
    Last edited by allegro; 05-30-2016 at 07:19 PM.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

And parents need to ... ugh ugh ... COME ON, PEOPLE ...
    Yeah, parents. Why don't we have a license for that?

http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/30/asia/j...ods/index.html

Don't they know the "I'm going to pull over" is supposed to be an empty threat?

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dra508 View Post
    Yeah, parents. Why don't we have a license for that?

http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/30/asia/j...ods/index.html

Don't they know the "I'm going to pull over" is supposed to be an empty threat?
    Well, that's some nice parenting...

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    parenting skills regardless... Sorry, there should be no conceivable way that a child should be capable of crawling into a gorilla enclosure. It should be impossible. It should be at least difficult for an able-bodied adult, and impossible for a child. And as sad and tragic as the outcome is, it could have been worse if the gorilla ripped the kid's arms off.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    But it all could have been avoided entirely in SO many ways; talking about how much worse it could have been (for the one of billions of human kids ... meanwhile the endangered gorilla is dead) does not really help. Figuring out how to make this NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN is the best solution and discussion. This happens WAY TOO MUCH.

If zoos are REALLY there to educate the public about animals and to protect the various species (which is dubious), THEN THEY REALLY HAVE TO EDUCATE THE PUBLIC AND PROTECT THE ANIMALS. THIS MEANS FOOLPROOF IMPENETRABLE DOUBLE BARRIERS. NOTE: NOT A FUCKING MOAT SURROUNDED BY A FENCE AND BUSHES (as is the norm enclosure).
    Last edited by allegro; 05-30-2016 at 10:25 PM.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Last edited by Your Name Here; 07-25-2016 at 02:06 PM.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    I agree about the end-goal @allegro

It's why this discussion I'm seeing is so distressing. It isn't going to be solved by people campaigning to have a negligent parent burned at the stake. I'd rather see awareness brought to the fact that it should have never conceivably been possible. This is something that shouldn't have been something that can happen.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    As precious as human babies are (ugh) and as crucial as dropping the gorilla IMMEDIATELY must have been, I still feel like it's pretty weird that A FUCKING ZOO not only DIDN'T have better security for its wild animal enclosures but ALSO didn't have about a billion tranq-darts on hand and set for MAXIMUM STRENGTH to save the idiot-baby WITHOUT murdering the endangered animal.

I mean, if they straight-up killed the beast at a Wal-Mart or w/e then FUCK IT, it had to be done, but A GODDAMNED ZOO should really be better better equipped for such eventualities.

:-\

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazekiah View Post
    As precious as human babies are (ugh) and as crucial as dropping the gorilla IMMEDIATELY must have been, I still feel like it's pretty weird that A FUCKING ZOO not only DIDN'T have better security for its wild animal enclosures but ALSO didn't have about a billion tranq-darts on hand and set for MAXIMUM STRENGTH to save the idiot-baby WITHOUT murdering the endangered animal.

I mean, if they straight-up killed the beast at a Wal-Mart or w/e then FUCK IT, it had to be done, but A GODDAMNED ZOO should really be better better equipped for such eventualities.

:-\
    The zoo and several other experts say that even really powerful tranq darts would have agitated him even further and would have taken at least 10 minutes to take effect in a 400-lb primate; none are immediately effective.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Last edited by Your Name Here; 07-25-2016 at 02:05 PM.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Last edited by Your Name Here; 07-25-2016 at 02:04 PM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post
    All thevoid99 did was post an article relevant to the story. No need to snap at them for no reason.
    Unless thevoid99 also wrote the article I'm not snapping at them.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    Unless thevoid99 also wrote the article I'm not snapping at them.
    my bad, I misinterpreted your post

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    The zoo and several other experts say that even really powerful tranq darts would have agitated him even further and would have taken at least 10 minutes to take effect in a 400-lb primate; none are immediately effective.
    Yeah, yeah, yeah...meanwhile Putin's gassing Chechan suicide-vests with fentanyl before they know what's up.

What is cool about California is that animal control for the most part responds quickly and hits the animal with an tranquilizer dart and moves the animal to an area where it can harm people or be harmed itself.
    I don't know, man...that's either TOO progressive a reaction or JUST FUCKING RIGHT, lol.

@allegro I would have beat to that but I was searching for that bear video
    Okay, now you're just being perverted.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Why is this discussion in Random Celebrity Headlines? Was the gorilla famous? (serious question)