Page 135 of 150 FirstFirst ... 35 85 125 133 134 135 136 137 145 ... LastLast
Results 4,021 to 4,050 of 4490

Thread: The Smashing Pumpkins

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Nope. Last we heard of that was a few months ago when he said the was mixing done, said it was off to mastering and out of his hands.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cookster426 View Post
    Did he give any updates on the Machina reissue?
    Ed: He JUST went on Instagram and posted that he's reviewing the mastering

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Wow they're recording in Nashville! Here's to hoping I run into Billy sometime in 2021 on the streets...

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Gave an update yesterday about the first of the live archival releases. They're ready to go however there's currently a vinyl shortage that's proving to be a hold-up.

Once things are settled and production is possible, the plan is to open a limited order period of a few weeks where people can order as many copies as they want, then they'll be pressed to order. Vinyl only apparently, these will be unavailable on streaming services.

Specified that quality could vary, but he wouldn't be offering these unless he thought they sounded good.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    Gave an update yesterday about the first of the live archival releases. They're ready to go however there's currently a vinyl shortage that's proving to be a hold-up.

Once things are settled and production is possible, the plan is to open a limited order period of a few weeks where people can order as many copies as they want, then they'll be pressed to order. Vinyl only apparently, these will be unavailable on streaming services.

Specified that quality could vary, but he wouldn't be offering these unless he thought they sounded good.
    Do you know which live dates will get the vinyl treatment? (which era of the band, year, tour?)

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cahernandez View Post
    Do you know which live dates will get the vinyl treatment? (which era of the band, year, tour?)
    Billy's gonna announce details today.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Oh great vinyl only. Unless he provides a lossless version with the purchases like Trent did with the DE releases looks like I'll be waiting on/hoping for vinyl rips then.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disassociative View Post
    Oh great vinyl only. Unless he provides a lossless version with the purchases like Trent did with the DE releases looks like I'll be waiting on/hoping for vinyl rips then.
    Yea, this vinyl only crap is annoying. Oh well. I would’ve gladly pay for a lossless digital copy, but don't need to waste money on an expensive coaster.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Why are Billy's announcements ALWAYS late? Don't give a specific time if you're not going to make the announcement on time. It's SO annoying.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Sounds like a pro wrestling promoter...

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Today's update:

-Looking into pressing the archival releases in Europe due to the current vinyl shortage. 2 releases ready to go.
    -Looking at 5-7 months of recording for the new album. Despite James and Jeff being elsewhere and working remotely with them, they're involved every step of the way.
    -Described the album as having 'three acts'. Will be explaining the concept/story beforehand.
    -We should start hearing new music by year's end/early next
    -Didn't mention anything about the Machina reissue specifically, but he did post a pic of a crate amp the other day with the caption "Machina vibes...'
    -Working with a new merch company
    Last edited by Shadaloo; 03-30-2021 at 10:29 AM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    My hat's off to you Shadaloo for all these updates. Much appreciated.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poinoup View Post
    My hat's off to you Shadaloo for all these updates. Much appreciated.
    It's my pleasure. My mood may come and go with albums, but I'm in it for the long haul, whatever it's worth.

Quote Originally Posted by cahernandez View Post
    Your guess is as good as mine. I'll be glad for whatever comes out, vinyl or otherwise.

A bit of trivia for those unaware: as the story goes, supposedly most if not all shows from Double Door 1995-02-27 onwards are recorded to multitrack ADAT and reside in the band's vault.

Given that Billy was talking about variable quality but how he was happy with the sound the other day, maybe from somewhere between 1988-1994.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Any word if the band is going out on the road with GN'R for their rescheduled tour dates?

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    It's my pleasure. My mood may come and go with albums, but I'm in it for the long haul, whatever it's worth.

Your guess is as good as mine. I'll be glad for whatever comes out, vinyl or otherwise.

A bit of trivia for those unaware: as the story goes, supposedly most if not all shows from Double Door 1995-02-27 onwards are recorded to multitrack ADAT and reside in the band's vault.

Given that Billy was talking about variable quality but how he was happy with the sound the other day, maybe from somewhere between 1988-1994.
    Damn, their absolute peak. I'd love to get some of those shows.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Sometimes I just don't need super, super quality. I have the 2007 return concert bootleg, and it's not the greatest sounding thing in the world, but when the Suspiria theme fades out into the drums of United States.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Billy just had a Q&A. Not too much to report, but he did say that:

-In regards to the Machina reissue, everything music-wise is done. He had a meeting recently about the artwork. 50 tracks, 30 extra tracks.
    -He's been in discussion with Sumerian records to re-release Zwan's Mary Star of The Sea, The Future Embrace and Zeitgeist on Sumerian when it's their turn to be reissued.
    -The new album is still in the works, with James & Jeff working long-distance west coast with what he and Jimmy are sending them.
    -Called it "Old-school SP meets Electric Light Orchestra". Still hoping to have a single out by year's end.
    -He apparently mentioned recently that he'd like to do another Zwan tour with Jimmy and new members.
    Last edited by Shadaloo; 05-01-2021 at 10:15 PM.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    He also discussed live shows a bit.
    Said they were gonna play a lot of deep cuts and rotating setlists on Rock Invasion 2 tour (but not on the upcoming festival dates).
    He also responded to a question about possible live stream shows and said it's maybe possible if they decide to do a special deep cuts-only performance (not a regular SP setlist). He even went as far as suggesting they'd publish a list of potential 70~ish songs and let the fans vote for a 25-song set. Although this was more of just thinking out loud rather than any definite plans.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Just finished editing this:

And right after them there were Tool with their headlining set - which I posted two weeks ago.
    You can see Tool heptagram hidden behind the middle doll figure, and Billy and James joke briefly about Tool after 1979.
    Last edited by fillow; 05-13-2021 at 03:34 AM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

The Smashing Pumpkins

Did anyone catch the Gish Anniversary thing yesterday? I was tempted to buy a ticket for the livestream, but couldn't justify it since it was mainly a listening party with a Q&A from Billy and Jimmy, no kind of performance or anything (seems like a missed opportunity there). Maybe @Shadaloo caught it? There's nothing on YouTube yet. Billy had said something in an Instagram video about perhaps playing some never-before-heard unreleased songs from the era (in addition to Gish itself), which is probably what I'm most interested in.

EDIT: oops, I guess it’s tonight, not last night. Haha! Is anyone planning to capture it somehow?
    Last edited by sonic_discord; 05-29-2021 at 02:19 PM.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Did anyone catch the Gish Anniversary thing yesterday? I was tempted to buy a ticket for the livestream, but couldn't justify it since it was mainly a listening party with a Q&A from Billy and Jimmy, no kind of performance or anything (seems like a missed opportunity there). Maybe @Shadaloo caught it? There's nothing on YouTube yet. Billy had said something in an Instagram video about perhaps playing some never-before-heard unreleased songs from the era (in addition to Gish itself), which is probably what I'm most interested in.

EDIT: oops, I guess it’s tonight, not last night. Haha! Is anyone planning to capture it somehow?
    Just watched. A lot of fun anecdotes. There were plenty of points where Jimmy and Billy were plainly grooving to the album.

The never before heard stuff is from the forthcoming first archive release, which is a never before bootlegged 1992 Japan show. It's not never-before heard Gish era studio tracks or anything.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    $70 for a 2LP live show? Pass.

And apparently these is a special price for only for 24 hours, so gonna go up even higher.

Then again, once Billy said all the archive releases would be only vinyl, I stopped caring. The vinyl pressing industry is F'd anyway. Hence at least a 6 month wait time. Major labels are making deals with plants and squeezing out independents. There are not enough plants to handle it all. Huge backlogs. And it has zero to do with COVID. Kniteforce Records made a post all about it and their treatment as an indie, and they've been doing vinyl presses for years before it became cool again. They also mentioned how the quality of pressings have dropped drastically with no quality control. But the majors are jumping all over it to rake in the cash.
    Last edited by neorev; 05-29-2021 at 09:36 PM.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    There's a version of Obscured playing now I've never heard before.

And now one of Suffer.

And now one of Purr Snickety, introduced as "Country song, take 1".

*Singing*...."DAMN. I FUCKED UP! *Turns off tape*

Last edited by Shadaloo; 05-29-2021 at 10:04 PM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    $70 for a 2LP live show? Pass.

And apparently these is a special price for only for 24 hours, so gonna go up even higher.

Then again, once Billy said all the archive releases would be only vinyl, I stopped caring. The vinyl pressing industry is F'd anyway. Hence at least a 6 month wait time. Major labels are making deals with plants and squeezing out independents. There are not enough plants to handle it all. Huge backlogs. And it has zero to do with COVID. Kniteforce Records made a post all about it and their treatment as an indie, and they've been doing vinyl presses for years before it became cool again. They also mentioned how the quality of pressings have dropped drastically with no quality control. But the majors are jumping all over it to rake in the cash.
    You can also get them signed by Jimmy and Billy if you're willing to pay $170.
    I'm seriously considering throwing away $170 because I don't have anything that's signed by Jimmy.
    With free shipping for orders over $100 and a 15% discount code, I feel like it's become a bit more affordable, for a one time purchase.
    This'll be the last time I'll ever buy anything from this stupid archive series unless they lower their price. $40 would be the max amount I'll pay for a 2xLP set.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    The never before heard stuff is from the forthcoming first archive release, which is a never before bootlegged 1992 Japan show. It's not never-before heard Gish era studio tracks or anything.
    What a fucking letdown. Not a single time in the recent instagram streams he connected the "never before heard stuff" to the first archival release, and that the unheard stuff is just alt versions and not totally unknown songs. I was under total impression people would hear unknown Gish-era songs AND details of first archival release which would have no relation to these songs. It's like he deliberately did the promotion so vaguely to bait more fans into the livestream.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    What a fucking letdown. Not a single time in the recent instagram streams he connected the "never before heard stuff" to the first archival release, and that the unheard stuff is just alt versions and not totally unknown songs. I was under total impression people would hear unknown Gish-era songs AND details of first archival release which would have no relation to these songs. It's like he deliberately did the promotion so vaguely to bait more fans into the livestream.
    Billy bait people? No, never!

Also, does anyone find it strange that only Billy and Jimmy are signing the album, but not James?

P.S. About that archive release, Billy is already cutting songs. The track Godzilla seems to be missing from the set. So it's not even the complete show. Even on the album reissue DVDs, they butchered sets by removing tracks.
    Last edited by neorev; 05-30-2021 at 05:04 AM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

https://www.nme.com/news/music/smash...am-and-nirvana

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    A little disgusted that they have the audacity to charge more than Pearl Jam does for its vinyl vaults, despite having less records in the set (2xLP compared to 3-or even 4xLP). But I guess it's purple swirl, so it's at a premium cost - that being said of course I bought a copy lol. I'll forgive Billy for cutting Godzilla; he did clarify on IG that it was removed for both time constraints of the format and licensing issues.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    this was an awesome video to start my morning. maybe you guys have seen it before, maybe you haven't.