Page 103 of 150 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 101 102 103 104 105 113 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,090 of 4490

Thread: The Smashing Pumpkins

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    that new video... LOL

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Not for me. But at least they seem to be having fun with these ridiculous videos lately.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    I love it. Just silly and goofy and they're plainly all having fun with it, and also plainly flipping the bird to people who hated seeing Mark McGrath up on the tour videos.

Good video for a song I still find good.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I thought it was a fun video. Dig the Drab Majesty cameo. If you haven't heard them, definitely checkout their most recent record.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdglss View Post
    that new video... LOL

Feels a bit mediocre.

Also, it's puzzling why they front-ended that video with over two minutes of jabber.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I hope we eventually find out what fucking blackmail McGrath has on Billy that lets him keep plaguing everything like this, wow. Mark has now talked more as a part of Smashing Pumpkins than James has all year.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    I really enjoyed the video. The first time in a while I've enjoyed something the Pumpkins did. So that's a plus.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Not for me, sorry. Too cringeworthy and embarrassing.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    Not for me, sorry. Too cringeworthy and embarrassing.
    I agree, but glad some people are liking it.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I love the band and I like the new songs (Silvery Sometimes is much better than Solara, though), but this new video is absolutely fucking terrible. Jesus Christ, why can't they just make a decent video anymore? Billy needs to ditch Linda Strawberry SO BAD. I don't understand why he's given her so much creative control over the band's visuals.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Apart from the overlong intro, I don't really see anything wrong with it. They're just having fun with a loose silly narrative, reminds me of Rocket.

In all honesty, IMO this is probably the single best video SP has put out in at least twenty years...I'm thinking since Ava Adore. Much as I enjoy the Machina period, I never found a single one of its music videos to be especially interesting or watchable outside of the over-the-top rawk antics in TEG. But to each their own.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I hated the overly long and cringe-inducing intro with Mark McGrath (who they also need to ditch). It would have been a hell of a lot better without that intro and the super weird part with him at the end. I also wasn't fond of the fourth wall breaking scene where they overact either. They need to hire Jonathan Dayton and Valerie Faris to make their next video. Those two made most of their best videos ("Rocket," "1979," "Tonight, Tonight," and "Perfect").

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Alex Jones is totally the voice at the very beginning, right?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Ew... it is AJ isn’t it... gross

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    The shiny oh so bright tour visuals were really ok brand though... I dunno.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner View Post
    And that makes me dislike the video even more. I REALLY HATE Alex Jones and the fact that Billy likes him makes me extremely disappointed in Billy.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    The Pumpkins were never really about visuals for me when it came to the live shows. It was more about the music and spontaneity. I hope they return to a more stripped down, smaller venue type tour where they really go out and just jam.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    oh dear god no

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I guess Billy had to find a way to get Alex back on YouTube one music video at a time. Maybe he’ll be in the next tour videos!

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdglss View Post
    that new video... LOL

Really liking this song a lot. Sounds like MCATIS meets MTAE--nice blend of old-school Pumpkins and their more recent sound. The intro in the video is a tad too long though.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    I guess Billy had to find a way to get Alex back on YouTube one music video at a time. Maybe he’ll be in the next tour videos!
    This is like one of those Beetlejuice things, I really wouldn't tempt fate by speaking it aloud.

I have to believe Bill knows that would end his career though.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    This is like one of those Beetlejuice things, I really wouldn't tempt fate by speaking it aloud.

I have to believe Bill knows that would end his career though.
    For some reason Billy is chummy with Alex Jones. I don't like it but whatever. Probably most SP fans familiar with Jones feel the same way.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    He's got a thing for underdogs and people he feels are unappreciated: Jones, Marilyn Manson, Nickelback, Mark McGrath/Sugar Ray...he goes to bat for people who commonly get shit on for one reason or another, and I assume it's because he feels a kinship with them.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Mark McGrath doesn’t really deserve the hate. His band figured out what works best to make them get played on the radio. Props to him. He’s not loosysleep. His music made millions. But god, are those albums shit awful to my ears...

sometimes Fly does give me some nastalgia of being on iCQ and mIRC in the living room while my sister is watching stupid MTV live though...

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    It's actually probably Mancow Muller. Which is pretty terrible still, but a few steps down, so yay I guess

Knights of Malta is the next single, no clue yet when it drops.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Okay, I need to go have me a lie down

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    So, $300 Machina boxset with Linda Strawberry artwork and 2018 Billy vocals added in I’m guessing. Fun!

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    So, no comment on how we're going to get 4+ LPs of music, or how he actually wants to include the MII rough mixes? No excitement over how this actually does seem to finally be happening after years of waiting?

I mean, disappointed the Metro show won't be on there, but that aside I'm not seeing much to complain about yet. And the original artwork is still out there. We're just going straight to the cynicism and shitposting?

Okay then.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    We’ve known it’s actually happening for a few months. It’ll be interesting but I have zero faith in his mixing sensibilities these days and he’s said all along that he’d include the original versions with it. None of this is new. Metro will almost never, ever come out and his total rejection of the Machina art is dumb as fuck — the art is one of the best aspects of that period. I don’t get why every time I’m not overjoyed by everything Billy is up to that you get catty and defensive of him.