Page 87 of 150 FirstFirst ... 37 77 85 86 87 88 89 97 137 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,610 of 4490

Thread: The Smashing Pumpkins

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Channeling his inner Fred Durst, dawg. Looks like he goes back to the buffet for seconds as well.
    i mean, isn't that why you go to the buffet? ;p

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i mean, isn't that why you go to the buffet? ;p

Thats, uhhhh... a very good point!

Forths, then.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Surprised no one has mentioned this yet

http://loudwire.com/billy-corgan-rel...-pumpkins-eps/

Unless they have and i've missed it!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    Surprised no one has mentioned this yet

http://loudwire.com/billy-corgan-rel...-pumpkins-eps/

Unless they have and i've missed it!
    Pretty sure it's been mentioned. Hopefully they're good and makes sense to divide them.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Had a dream I was auditioning to be the drummer for SP despite the fact I haven't played drums in a very long time. As the date approached, I became nervous and decided not to go ahead with it, and instead just bought a ticket for the tour. I then run into Chamberlin and sheepishly ask him how he joined the band, since he knows I was going to try and take his spot. This is the second dream I've had about this tour and I'm not even going to see it. Any dream analysts out there?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You are anxious/afraid to go after your desires and feel regret about being a participant as opposed to a performer.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony_crisp View Post
    You are anxious/afraid to go after your desires and feel regret about being a participant as opposed to a performer.
    You sound like an oddly specific fortune cookie!

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I've been thinking of finally buying the deluxe edition vinyl of MCIS. I have heard there were issues with the sound on some (all?) copies, though. Is there anything I should know to avoid this?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony_crisp View Post
    man, uncanny!

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    I've been thinking of finally buying the deluxe edition vinyl of MCIS. I have heard there were issues with the sound on some (all?) copies, though. Is there anything I should know to avoid this?
    Get an EU pressing. Only the initial USA pressings were afflicted with issues that made some of the tracks nigh-unlistenable. The later ones were apparently good but I guess it'd be a crapshoot if you make a purchase. All the EU ones were fine.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    Get an EU pressing. Only the initial USA pressings were afflicted with issues that made some of the tracks nigh-unlistenable. The later ones were apparently good but I guess it'd be a crapshoot if you make a purchase. All the EU ones were fine.
    yeah i finally listened to mine recently, but it's one of the early US pressings so a lot of it sounded like shit. pretty disappointing

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Bought mine off Amazon a month or two ago and it sounded great

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    My wife said she was going to get it for me for my birthday. Good to know to pass this on to her!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    what a fuckin' turd

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    what a fuckin' turd
    Otherwise it wouldn't be Billy...ahem...i mean William Patrick Corgan...

Spreading of which. I finally got around to hearing ogilala (or however to spell that weird ass name). A lot better than I thought it'd be.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    What's neat is that James was the one who reached out first. Unexpected.

I'm intrigued by the fact that he says he's "Revisiting the Zero persona" - but of course that has every potential to be embarrassing at this point. We'll see.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Says a lot about how iconic the original lineup is, in comparison to the lineups from the past ten years, considering that the Times thought Jeff was just some new hired gun brought in to replace D'arcy rather than, at this point, the most consistent musical partner Billy has had throughout his career.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    https://news.avclub.com/billy-corgan...sts-1824005762

"“I’m not going to be defined by other people’s version of the shadow world,” Corgan told reporters, sounding for all the world like an anime supervillain about to unleash a giant psychic monster on Neo-Tokyo. "
    Last edited by Wretchedest; 03-23-2018 at 02:31 AM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Billy Corgan as a future crackpot Infowars-world inhabiting guest star isn't something I could have guessed would ever happen as a kid or teenager; as annoying as he could be towards the end of their first run. I'd really like to hear the Machina I/II reissue one of these days but otherwise, ugh. The Adore reissue was a bit disappointing since plenty of outtakes were left off and are scattered on other releases, though, and if he is ever able to reissue M I& II but remixes it, it might tarnish the original.

I'm also bummed about the D'Arcy situation. I was a little too young to see them for the MCIS tour and thus never could have seen their original lineup, except I guess on the Arising tour, which I didn't even know about at the time. Oh well.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I find it very hard to believe what BC says.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I like when he says he doesn’t care about old grudges while still describing several old grudges

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I'd really like Trail of Dead to open this tour...

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    And my just above non-existent respect for Billy is now totally gone. This guy is long gone...

http://www.nme.com/news/music/billy-...mments-2271885

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Guess I'm able to separate the person from the music. I know he's a goofball and a wackjob. As long as he makes good, decent music I can overlook the dumb things he says.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Guess I'm able to separate the person from the music. I know he's a goofball and a wackjob. As long as he makes good, decent music I can overlook the dumb things he says.
    This times a million. I've said it before and I'll say it again: I believe in separating the artist from the art to some degree and if I didn't I wouldn't be able to enjoy a lot of the bands I do. I can probably count on one hand the amount of artists I'm into who haven't exhibited douchey behavior. That doesn't excuse it, but I'm not about to go and burn my records because Billy's a bitter lunatic with a bad case of foot-mouth disease.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    This times a million. I've said it before and I'll say it again: I believe in separating the artist from the art to some degree and if I didn't I wouldn't be able to enjoy a lot of the bands I do. I can probably count on one hand the amount of artists I'm into who haven't exhibited douchey behavior. That doesn't excuse it, but I'm not about to go and burn my records because Billy's a bitter lunatic with a bad case of foot-mouth disease.
    This is all part of what TR mentioned about technology narrowing the distance between the artist and the fans. With this hyperconected reality we live in, we know too much about our music heros, and in the end the obvious becomes evident: they are just humans like everybody else, with their flaws and assholery just like the rest of us.

I like the SP, not a big fan by any means, but I enjoy their music regardless of Corgan’s behaviour or political views. I won’t attend this tour unless I can score decent tickets way under face value. This reeks of nostalgia and greed and I won’t pay what they’re asking for. If that means I’ll miss the show I won’t be hurt.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    For real... I’d like to discuss this upcoming tour without everyone always having to comment “billy’s An asshole”. I think it’s established already since 1991. Take it to the nickelback thread if you’d like guys.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I can still enjoy the old material just fine. I haven't been interested in too much of the post-original SP music. TheFutureEmbrace had some solid songs and felt a little like a sequel to Adore; the rest just doesn't do it for me. I wouldn't have commented on Billy these days per se but the New York Times article with that single paragraph of Alex Jones nonsense (I wonder how often he said those things throughout the interview) was sort of depressing for me, since I haven't paid too much attention to him in awhile.