Page 10 of 150 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 110 ... LastLast

Thread: The Smashing Pumpkins

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Pumpkins can play arenas again? when did that happen?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    ???

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentofChaos View Post
    I'll be on the floor for the Toronto show, but fuck those VIP packages.

The only one worth getting is the premiere, it's actually a really cool collection of stuff, but not at the price, jesus christ. And I thought Maynard was bad!

I mean I expected high prices and the fans to take a hit this tour, what with the visuals and what not needing to recoup the funds, but come on that is just unreasonable.
    So Soundgarden is a cash grab? Hahaha

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    i think the tickets themselves are reasonably priced. the rest is for the superfan who wants a little something extra. reminds me a bit of kickstarter, and it's a legit way to do things.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

The Smashing Pumpkins OCEANIA TOUR is coming to the US! Pre-sale tickets go on sale Monday in select markets. Citi Private Pass members presale link: http://www.citiprivatepass.com/) SP Pre-sale password: TEARGARDEN
    NORTH AMERICAN TOUR DATES:
    October 2~MTS Center, Winnipeg~On-sale now!
    October 4~Scotiabank Saddledome, Calgary~On-sale now!
    October 5~Rexhall Place, Edmonton~On-sale now!
    October 7~Rogers Arena, Vancouver~On-sale now!
    October 10~Comcast Arena, Seattle~Pre-sale Sept 4
    October 12~Bill Graham Civic, San Francisco~Pre-sale Aug 27
    October 13~Viejas Arena, San Diego~Pre-sale Sept 4
    October 14~Gibson Amphitheatre, Los Angeles~Pre-sale Aug 28
    October 16~1st Bank Center, Denver~Pre-sale Aug 27
    October 18~Chaifetz Arena, St Louis~Pre-sale Aug 27
    October 19~Allstate Arena, Chicago~Pre-sale Sept 4
    October 20~Roy Wilkens Auditorium, Minneapolis~Pre-sale Sept 4
    October 23~Palace of Auburn Hills, Detroit~Pre-sale Sept 4
    October 25~Air Canada Centre, Toronto~ On-sale now
    October 27~Agganis Arena, Boston~Pre-sale Aug 27
    October 28~Bell Centre, Montreal~On-sale now!
    October 31~Barclays Arena, Brooklyn~Pre-sale Aug 27
    November 2~Susquehanna Bank Center, Camden~Pre-sale 9/4
    November 3~Patriot Center, Fairfax~Pre-sale 9/4
    November 4~Mohegan Sun Arena, Hartford~Pre-sale 9/4

(All onsale ticket information is at http://www.smashingpumpkins.com/tour)

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    but seriously, how exactly are they gonna even 3/4 fill these arenas unless they have a major band touring with them as well? Those days are long over for Corgan. Unless i completely missed the notion that Oceania is just dominating out there and getthing him a huge new fanbase or something.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, I have not idea how SP will fill these arenas. Will go to the Oct 20th show.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    MA and CT show. Perhaps I'll go to one.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Billy opened his new tea house, Madame ZuZu's, about a mile up the street from us, last Thursday, in the old Ravinia post office.

G was across the street at our insurance agent's office that afternoon, said the place was PACKED.

http://www.crestfallen.com/2012/09/1...-madame-zuzus/

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    ^^ It WAS, it's a pretty tiny space. I stopped by there on Thursday afternoon. It was fun, and the interior is really nicely done too, but I'd rather go back when there's some space to breathe and they don't need a guy at the door to count how many people are allowed to be inside at any one time.
    They were offering a few teas and all of their snacks for free, and what I did have (the herbal tea, King's Crimson, and one of the biscotti) was good. All of the people at the tables seemed pretty content to stay there the whole afternoon, so a lot of us were just standing around the counter and talking. I also managed to catch one of Billy's acoustic sets, when I honestly figured I'd missed it not being there in the morning!

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    So The Smashing Pumpkins concert in Vancouver next Sunday has been cancelled for reasons unknown. Got an e-mail and phone call from ticketmaster.
    The ticketmaster site says cancelled as well. Official pumpkins site has still yet to comment on this or take the Vancouver date down, but it's quite apparant the show is cancelled.

You guys have no idea how fucking PISSED OFF I am about this!
    I'd say there is no fucking way this could be due to low ticket sales, as Winnipeg, Calgary and Edmonton's shows are all still a go. Makes no sense that Vancouver is the only one that got cancelled. I mean it's already a fucking joke that Billy and friends tried selling out the rogers arena at $100 a pop, are you fucking serious?

This was said earlier in this thread, Arenas? Billy are you serious? You can't fucking sell out arenas anymore, who do you think you are. I don't know why they just didn't change the venue to Pacific Coliesum or PNE forum or something.

I am so fucking done with Billy Corgan right now it's not even funny!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Ugh! I was seriously hovering my cursor over the "finalize purchase" button for those Vancouver tickets, too. Glad I didn't.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Well, The Gibson Ampitheater in LA isn't even close to an arena. I think they have about 6000 capacity at most. Strange strategy to play in arenas on one night and then play in a relatively small theater here.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I highly doubt Billy Corgan himself chooses the venues they play in.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Scored 2 FREE tix to the Winnipeg tour opener. They kinda lost me after Adore - but hey - free is free. There is no price on the tickets, so they're 'complimentary'. Built their stage today & it's forward a whole section as opposed to say, John Fogerty whose stage was in the usual position. The whole upper deck is closed. Based on this, I'd say they're not selling much. I can just imagine how much merch is gonna be. I hope they don't hike up the beer prices.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Well, whoever chooses the venues did a piss-poor job. I'm not sure why they don't just try and find a smaller venue.
    Who care if they can't preform the show with all the visuals they have, i'd take a smaller scaled down version of a show over nothing.
    It's the music that matters most anyway.

Now they have 5 days off between Edmonton and Seattle. They really should just try to find a smaller location and say, the show is still on.
    But I know that's not gonna happen because it's too much work at this point.

I'm still hoping for "secret show" statement by the band in lieu of the cancellation, but i'm not gonna hold my breath. The date has now been officially removed from the band's website now. If they were going to reschedule to a new venue they would have left the date up but wrote TBA or something as the venue.

Quote Originally Posted by Stereo75 View Post
    Scored 2 FREE tix to the Winnipeg tour opener.
    That's what I don't understand, tickets in Winnipeg are selling just as bad if not worse than vancouver was to the point they are giving tickets away for FREE.
    I'm not sure why the promoter didn't just offer a buy one get one free option or lower the ticket price or host a groupon or SOMETHING!!

Floor tickets are STILL available in Winnipeg! I Just checked Ticketmaster.ca.
    Last edited by ManBurning; 10-01-2012 at 04:19 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    @ManBurning - Fly to Winnipeg & I'll take you to the show.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stereo75 View Post
    @ManBurning - Fly to Winnipeg & I'll take you to the show.
    Haha, yeah i already raged on my facebook about the cancellation and someone offered me tickets to the Winnipeg show, haha.
    I'm originally from Winnipeg, but it's just too short notice, I have to work tomorrow and wednesday, no way I can get out of my shifts and not gonna dish out a plane ride that will cost upwards to $700+ for a round trip.

I just have to keep telling myself "it's just the Oceania tour, it's not that big of a loss". The album is decent, but it's not worthwhile of traveling great distances for considering Spoiler: they're just playing it in full from front to back.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I had floor tickets for the Vancouver show. When I heard of the news this morning I bought a ticket for the show in Everett. They still had floor tickets at 65 dollars (including fees). At least Everett is closer than Seattle.

Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Haha, yeah i already raged on my facebook about the cancellation and someone offered me tickets to the Winnipeg show, haha.
    I'm originally from Winnipeg, but it's just too short notice, I have to work tomorrow and wednesday, no way I can get out of my shifts and not gonna dish out a plane ride that will cost upwards to $700+ for a round trip.

I just have to keep telling myself "it's just the Oceania tour, it's not that big of a loss". The album is decent, but it's not worthwhile of traveling great distances for considering Spoiler: they're just playing it in full from front to back.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    i knew i wasn't crazy. How come some schmoe like me on the internet knows this dude can't do arenas, but people who's entire professional life is based around these things didn't know that?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    jesus christ that looks awesome. looking most forward to zoom, eye (demo), lover, and a cleaned up version of methusula (which i've always loved). lots of gravity demos/stuff from bootlegs but this should definitely be worth it, so long as they don't muck it up with glitches like they did with pisces.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    now this looks stellar

are they also doing a remastered/re-release of the Aeroplane Flies High Boxset?
    i thought i heard that somewhere. that would be immense as well.

this definitely looks like the best deluxe edition of them all so far
    though i'm looking forward to the Adore one (i'm a huge Adore fan)
    some the alt mixes from that Adore Sessions behind the scenes vid was great
    hope they are on it

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Damn... Wonder just how much this things gonna cost...

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    i'd say the $100 price tag is about right. the deluxe pisces was $60 or so, two discs, a dvd, and the tape. so i think five discs + dvd would bump up the price a bit. says the album will be available in regular two disc edition for those who don't want all the extras.

yes, aeroplane is getting its own remastered release- similar amount of material, i think. there's only a couple of overlaps with this reissue so far, mostly demos and alt. takes, though i do see 'rotten apples' and the title track listed without any alterations. could be different versions- maybe not.

also stoked for the adore reissue as well. maybe the rick rubin version of 'let me give the world to you' will finally surface...

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by frankieteardrop View Post
    i'd say the $100 price tag is about right...
    Amazon listing is $146.99 though, which makes it just stupid unaffordable. Seen it closer to $200 in some other places. It should come down closer to release though, keyword being should. Hard to say how much.

But hey it does come with a decoupage kit so talk about value.

As far as Pisces, I paid 14.99 for it. Anyone who paid 60 is just a damned fool.
    Last edited by AgentofChaos; 10-02-2012 at 01:14 PM.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    well, especially given all the digital glitches...

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Also this is a minor complaint but why is the Brixton show only 10 songs? To keep it to one disc? Thought we were getting a full show.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Been prepping for this for a couple years now, so I fully anticipate spending around $175 total for the vinyl set and 5 cd set. Got the preorder vinyl on amazon for $94. I can't wait to get in the car with a full pack of smokes and listen to all 5 discs on a moonlit drive in the country after a fresh snowfall.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentofChaos View Post
    Also this is a minor complaint but why is the Brixton show only 10 songs? To keep it to one disc? Thought we were getting a full show.
    Good point, I'm not liking that at all.