Page 127 of 150 FirstFirst ... 27 77 117 125 126 127 128 129 137 ... LastLast
Results 3,781 to 3,810 of 4492

Thread: The Smashing Pumpkins

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Do you know I've never noticed that? I've always - all the way back to 1996 when I bought the single - read it as Pistachio. Huh.

It's a 'sensible chuckle' level joke, that's for sure.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seasonsinthesky View Post
    Anybody examined it on the Aeroplane vinyl? Curious how it's edited. I'm sure it just fades out early or something lame like that.
    Fades out after about 75-80 seconds of "Die".

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    I give Pastichio a spin once every few years (and of course, a boot compilation of all the known released or leaked tracks included therein).

I really, really wonder about the circumstances that brought about 'Rubberman'

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Well, there's the band

Glad this has more of a rock sound but it feels a little too controlled.

Ramona is up on YT music as well

After one listen of each I think I enjoy Ramona more.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post

Well, there's the band

Finally, a song I can stand behind. Not necessarily saying it's a good song but as you said, there's the band.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Well, there's the band

Could do without the female backing vocals. Those cheesy fake string sounds should've been replaced by a guitar lead sound. It's the best track so far, but I'll probably never listen to it again.

Ramona... just no. More cheesy fake strings.

I miss when Jimmy really emphasized the groove in a track and played around the beat.

Hints of what could maybe be decent songs ruined by over sterilized glossy cheese production.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Oh Billy...

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Well, there's the band

Best song of the batch but I wish the vocal track was not that upfront, it drowns out the band. I do like the female backing vocals and the keyboards, combine these elements with James, Jimmy, and Jeff and it'd make for a much more interesting album, a new direction and not rehashing the old Pumpkins sound. A band has to elvolve, yes, but what we've heard so far is so bland, except for Wyytch. They should had gone in this direction, heavy use of keyboards, female backing vocals, and the whole band. This song kinda sounds like new, growl-less/prog Opeth, which is absolutely not a bad thing!

Also...how much of a buget does that band have, now that they are with Sumerian? They now have two videos for CYR with full production, plus three animated videos.
    Last edited by cahernandez; 10-30-2020 at 07:18 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    This is a pretty good interview with Billy via WGN:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...21449307867611

He calls the new animated video “dystopic Scooby Doo” which is actually hilarious.
    Last edited by allegro; 11-02-2020 at 10:46 PM.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    I see people comparing Billy's new songs to New Order.....People really need to stop comparing new Smashing Pumpkins songs to New Order. New Order is a great band. These new Billy songs are utter shit.....Maybe its more like 'Get Ready' era New Order..

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    I see people comparing Billy's new songs to New Order.....People really need to stop comparing new Smashing Pumpkins songs to New Order. New Order is a great band. These new Billy songs are utter shit.....Maybe its more like 'Get Ready' era New Order..
    It sounds exactly like New Order... if New Order sucked

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    It sounds exactly like New Order... if New Order sucked
    This made me laugh hard, and I needed that today, so thanks.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poro765 View Post
    This made me laugh hard, and I needed that today, so thanks.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    The video is so cliché (the whole "Western-latin thing"), and the song is no great either, i prefer the other singles, not excited about this album...

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Anyone here looking to buy the CD boxsets of Gish, Siamese Dream, Pisces Iscariot, Mellon Collie, Aeroplane Flies High, and Adore? Looking to sell them. I figured I'd ask here first before going through annoying eBay. I live in the US. I'd be willing to do a good deal for someone who wants all of them. Cheers.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    The Museum of Pop Culture in Seattle is having an online benefit honoring Alice in Chains and Billy will be performing AIC song(s) at it:

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    There's a new Kerrang! interview, as well.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    There's also a new Rolling Stone interview.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I was admittedly blown away by the last tour (despite mostly disliking SAOSB V1). I went into the tour expecting dogshit, and walked away having my mind blown by walls of guitars.

That said, nothing on this album (save maybe for "Wyttch") has even remotely grabbed me... and I HATE being a curmudgeon. I really wanted to love this album, but's it's soooo boring thus far. The vocals (as is tradition since Zeitgeist) are waaaay too high in the mix. Billy still seems hell-bent on rhyming real words that already fucking rhyme like "here" and "fear" with "hee-ah" "fee-ah," and "nee-ah." Ugggggggggh. Stop it. You're one of the best guitarists on Earth when you feel like it. Please... feel like it.

The best thing about SP from their heyday was that they were anything but predictable/boring. But goddamn... snoooooooooooze.

All I want is to love SP again. I hate sounding like a cliche disenchanted SP fan... but yeah: I'm hee-ah.
    Last edited by caca; 11-20-2020 at 12:17 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I agree. I would love to have a electronic, new wave inspired Pumpkins album! This Cyr shit ain't it tho... Billy's songwriting feels lazy and uninspired lately.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    God, it gets worse. More terrible oooh oooh female backing vocals. More sterile, lifeless production. I can't believe there is another 10 tracks of this bullshit. Billy needs someone who knows how to program beats. I do find it hysterical how Billy can feature James, Jimmy, and Jeff in videos for these new songs when this album has is really Billy and a faceless back up female vocalist. This album is more hers than Jimmy, Jeff, or James.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    I just realized the last Pumpkins album did not even crack the top 50 on the Billboard 200. Wow. Thats horrifying. No wonder Billy boy is resorting to doing a "sequel" to his most popular album. At this point he is crawling on the floor picking up the crumbs of whats left of his "legacy"

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    I can't believe there is another 10 tracks of this bullshit.
    This means at least 5 more times of you and everyone else coming here to bitch about it. Maybe take it a rest for a while and pretend that Billy retired for good in 2000. Life will get easier.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    If he honestly cared about the Pumpkins legacy, he would have released Cyr under his own name. Billy seems hellbent on destroying his creation. Should have left it for dead after Machina and all of these new "Pumpkins" records could have gone under the Zwan banner.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    When you've got SD and MCIS under your belt, you can put out all the underwhelming albums you like. SP's legacy is fine.

I'll check these out when I get in, but at this point I'm apathetic about this album. I do think a few of the tracks are good, but this has been mostly meh to me thus far.

Well, you gotta give him this. The unpredictability factor's still in play: nobody saw this direction coming, whatever it is.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    This means at least 5 more times of you and everyone else coming here to bitch about it.
    You are correct. You are welcome. Enjoy.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Well, you gotta give him this. The unpredictability factor's still in play: nobody saw this direction coming, whatever it is.
    According to recent interviews that was exactly the point. Just doing what they feel like without putting any thought into what the public or fans want them to sound like.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    I think Billy and Morrissey should tour together. Talk about 2 guys who burned whatever legacy they had to the ground and then napalmed it