Page 116 of 150 FirstFirst ... 16 66 106 114 115 116 117 118 126 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,480 of 4490

Thread: The Smashing Pumpkins

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Are the summer dates with GN'R still on? Don't see them listed, but we're they before? GN'R still hasn't pulled the plug on the dates.
    Last edited by GulDukat; 03-30-2020 at 02:59 PM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Billy seems to be doing a track by track "deep dive" of Gish over on Youtube.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    He did it in one go last week on instagram, you can check it on his Instagram tv, he just posts it on YT one by one. It was an hour-long stream, followed by a 40-min Q+A session, and he intends to make it recurring for all his catalog.
    Last edited by fillow; 06-08-2020 at 06:27 AM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    He did it in one go last week on instagram, you can check it on his Instagram tv, he just posts it on YT one by one. It was an hour-long stream, followed by a 40-min Q+A session, and he intends to make it recurring for all his catalog.
    Spoiler: He'll do Siamese Dream, gets pissed off by fans somehow, and while doing Mellon Collie *insert Billy rant*, and it'll abruptly end before Adore or Machina, because *enter how fans hated it when it first came out speech*.
    Fast forward to Shiny And Oh So Bright: NO PAST, NO FUTURE, NO SUUUN. 'TIS THE END! 'TIS THE END! 'TIS THE END!

Last edited by Lerxto; 06-08-2020 at 07:57 AM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Rock Invasion 2 tour was cancelled early today (after it had already been postponed from the spring). We all knew it was coming, but it sucks all the same. I was really looking forward to this show. I had good floor tickets to the Hollywood, FL show. I hope they do indeed reschedule the tour and this is just a decision to put the fans' money back in their bank accounts until the future is less uncertain (much like the recent Tool cancellation).

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I hope he does more of those deep dive things on Instagram, although I'm not optimistic. He'll find some way to get upset over something and just stop doing them >_>

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    One album in and he already pretty much thrashed D'arcy. Can't wait till he gets to Pajo and the rest of them.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    GN'R had to reschedule their tour. I hope SP are there for the make up dates.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    The thing about what he said regarding Daydream is if he claims it was never the intention for D'arcy to sing on it, why does this exist?

I know there's also a Billy demo, but it's just bugging me.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GulDukat View Post
    GN'R had to reschedule their tour. I hope SP are there for the make up dates.
    What the hell else do they have to do? And would it really take precedence over the biggest payday the band's gonna have going forward? There won't be any more Pumpkins solo headline arena tours in the future....the shine came off that real quick.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    What the hell else do they have to do?
    Gish's 30th anniversary is in 2021.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katara View Post
    Gish's 30th anniversary is in 2021.
    Gish tour won't sell, according to Billy. Average John Q Concertgoer wants 1979, BWBW and Today and doesn't care about Gish.
    But Billy also said he likes the idea of doing some sort of celebration, maybe in the form of a few gigs only. Take this with as many grains of salt as you want.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katara View Post
    They could easily do a tour where they play 75% of the material from the album and still have tons of time left for other stuff. Aren't Pumpkins gigs usually about three hours long?
    No, that was just for James reunion tour.
    Anyway he's gonna promote that Shiny vol 2 and maybe even 3 (who knows) by the time they resume touring so I wouldnt get any hopes up for Gish tour.
    Last edited by fillow; 06-10-2020 at 01:23 PM.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Bunch of posts across SP/BC social media accounts indicating they're working on Machina currently.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    Bunch of posts across SP/BC social media accounts indicating they're working on Machina currently.
    Fuck yes. This and Adore were my most anticipated reissues.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Anyone know why Zeitgeist isn't on Spotify? I dont think it ever has...

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznor2112 View Post
    Anyone know why Zeitgeist isn't on Spotify? I dont think it ever has...
    He pulled Zwan, The Future Embrace, and Zeitgeist from digital/streaming a few years ago. I guess because he's Billy - no, William - and he can.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    He pulled Zwan, The Future Embrace, and Zeitgeist from digital/streaming a few years ago. I guess because he's Billy - no, William - and he can.
    It seems to be a particularly sore/sensitive subject for him, or at least something he clearly does not want to talk about (or is perhaps just extremely tired of discussing). Anyway, he's definitely not shy about his disdain for the subject. That and being asked questions about Siamese Dream. Or Mellon Collie. Actually, anything pre-Adore is best avoided when asking questions in Q&As on Instagram.

In other news, in case anyone missed it, Smashing Pumpkins are playing RiotFest next year. The first wave of the lineup was announced in tandem with the expected/inevitable postponement of this year's RiotFest to 2021. The lineup also includes Run the Jewels, Pixies, and Sublime with Rome, so I'll probably wind up buying tickets.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Last question; promise: What was the reasoning for TEITBITE not being on the Adore reissue but TBITEITB was?

Sorry...on a SP kick and questions keep popping up

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    TEITBITE (agreed that it's a nice acronym) was written FOR Batman Forever, containing lyrics written with Batman in mind (from his perspective even), whereas Adore is mostly very personal and serious, so despite the fact that it was recorded early on in the post-Mellon Collie era, it seems like more of a transitional one-off to me. TEITBITE is also very uptempo and more past-paced compared to most of Adore, so it probably would have felt jarring and out of place. At least TBITEITB has a more somber tone that more closely matches the mood of Adore.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Kind of weird for him to pull Zwan and TFE. Seems like he'd warmed up to the Zwan material in recent years. No idea about TFE. Dig that album. Zeitgeist, I kind of understand.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    TEITBITE (agreed that it's a nice acronym) was written FOR Batman Forever, containing lyrics written with Batman in mind (from his perspective even), whereas Adore is mostly very personal and serious, so despite the fact that it was recorded early on in the post-Mellon Collie era, it seems like more of a transitional one-off to me. TEITBITE is also very uptempo and more past-paced compared to most of Adore, so it probably would have felt jarring and out of place. At least TBITEITB has a more somber tone that more closely matches the mood of Adore.
    *batman & robin. both are on the soundtrack, though. one opens it, the other closes it. and aren't the lyrics identical between the two songs? (i just checked, they are)

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Wasn't there a version of Cash Car Star on the Adore Reissue? That came after, I think. Probably around the batman stuff. Maybe Machina. But, maybe it's licensing issue.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Kind of weird for him to pull Zwan and TFE. Seems like he'd warmed up to the Zwan material in recent years. No idea about TFE. Dig that album. Zeitgeist, I kind of understand.
    Billy no likey Zeitgeisty?

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    *batman & robin. both are on the soundtrack, though. one opens it, the other closes it. and aren't the lyrics identical between the two songs? (i just checked, they are)
    Shit movie but the soundtrack looks sweet.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznor2112 View Post
    Billy no likey Zeitgeisty?
    Billy no likey criticism.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Billy no likey criticism.
    Fair -- that record came out when I was 17 and loved it -- I guess in my small world at that age, I didn't realize that the record caught any flack.

Quote Originally Posted by GulDukat View Post
    Shit movie but the soundtrack looks sweet.
    Soundtrack got me into Underworld at the age of 7 -- then I saw Trainspotting

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    Yes, I stand corrected, it was indeed Batman & Robin. I owned the soundtrack as well and loved both songs. The music video wasn't too great though.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I still believe if Billy remixed the vocals on Zeitgeist that it would be a great album. My favorite version is the one with Death From Above. The first half through United States is what I wish the current Pumpkins was aiming for.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rampface View Post
    I still believe if Billy remixed the vocals on Zeitgeist that it would be a great album. My favorite version is the one with Death From Above. The first half through United States is what I wish the current Pumpkins was aiming for.
    I do like a lot of the songs on the album, but the chorus of Billy's is just too much sometimes, and I guess that was the beginning of 'put the vocals up as high in the mix as possible'