Page 4 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast

Thread: Gone Girl (2014)

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    I'm late to the party here, but generally speaking, I agree with what most others have said.

TSN is a great album on it's own; wonderful for listening to when you're out driving or going for a walk, working, reading, or listening to it just for the sake of listening to it.

Dragon, on the other hand, is definitely more of a background album for me. There are some standout tracks that I'll listen to on their own because I like them so much, but as a whole, this album gets most of its use in the form of "load out is done, I'm climbing into my bunk and putting my headphones in". I'm usually asleep within a few songs, but worst case scenario, I've got hours of music.
    The next time you visit someplace special, take a bus or a train somewhere for a few hours and put it on. It will soundtrack your memory of the place for years to come.

I did this a few years ago when I traveled through Iceland, and it was incredible.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    gone girl was one of the books i bought for my county jail vacation, so i will tell you guys what i think in a month.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    The next time you visit someplace special, take a bus or a train somewhere for a few hours and put it on. It will soundtrack your memory of the place for years to come.

I did this a few years ago when I traveled through Iceland, and it was incredible.
    Funny - that's actually how TSN works for me. When I got it, I was listening to it heavily during the first two weekends, which were spent driving between west Texas and New Mexico. It'll always remind me of driving through the streets of ABQ at night with the moon lighting up the mountains in the background, and driving through the mountains and White Sands Missile Range at dawn.

Listening to the first part of Dragon just reminds me of being on a tour bus, which to me, is a special place. When I've been out of work for too long (or on a tour where we fly everywhere), it still serves as the soundtrack to my memory of busing around.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    The song form Gone Girl is playing just before the shows start here in Europe

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    They played songs from TGWTDT before their Australian shows, so I'm not surprised.

Dammit Trent, play some new stuff off the Gone Girl soundtrack :P

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I'm reading Gone Girl right now, and he is right about the book being "nasty." It also sounds like the film is going to be even darker than its source material. Definitely gonna see this one on Opening Night.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dariocotti View Post
    The song form Gone Girl is playing just before the shows start here in Europe
    Do you mean 'She' from the trailer, or is there actually a song called Gone Girl by someone else?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by simonn View Post
    Do you mean 'She' from the trailer, or is there actually a song called Gone Girl by someone else?
    The background music that was on the website when it launched, I cannot remember the name of the song. I also have the feeling that more unreleased ambient songs from Gone Girl are actually being played. Some really sounded like a Trent work

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    The background music that was on the website when it launched, I cannot remember the name of the song. I also have the feeling that more unreleased ambient songs from Gone Girl are actually being played. Some really sounded like a Trent work
    Nice. Looking forward to this being released...

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Someone who's recording one of the shows needs to record the pre-show/between act music, too. @RITCNIN ... know anybody that you can give a heads-up to?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    Someone who's recording one of the shows needs to record the pre-show/between act music, too. @RITCNIN ... know anybody that you can give a heads-up to?
    Actually at the Copenhagen gig I recorded a part of what I believe is a new song but I might be wrong and I yet have to check it on shazam. I'm still in Berlin and I'm going back to Switzerland in a few hours. I might upload it tonight

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    The track somewhat reminds me of "She Reminds Me Of You". I tried to shazam it and I got no results, although there are people talking over it so I don't know.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/p272q8

edit: it's this track, false alarm https://soundcloud.com/invadauk/sets...solaris-ost-2/

It's not the first time I hear some martinez tracks before the shows (and before uploading this clip I was almost sure it must have been either reznor or martinez)
    Last edited by arsenic; 05-16-2014 at 06:31 PM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/p272q8

edit: it's this track, false alarm https://soundcloud.com/invadauk/sets...solaris-ost-2/

It's not the first time I hear some martinez tracks before the shows (and before uploading this clip I was almost sure it must have been either reznor or martinez)
    i was just talking to my friend about the Solaris soundtrack tonight because it's one of my favorite scores of all time.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    I read the book and it was SOOOOOOOO fucking good. Creepy, menacing, sinister. And it hits a little close to home...i think that's kind of the point. They reel you in with this fucked up relationship, but want you to think "Oh, shit...my relationship is kinda like that.

I'm REALLY wondering how Fincher is going to pull this off in movie form, because it has such a peculiar, unconventional literary structure.
    But i trust him. Can't wait to hear the music!

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I wonder if Trent will try out the deluxe package deal again for this one. Though, considering Hesitation Marks didn't get anything more than the 2CD thing, I'm not so sure this will get anything more than CD and vinyl. Especially with The Fragile (perpetually) on the horizon.

I really just want a cool deluxe package from the first day it's released, instead of buying it two years after the fact.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    I wonder if Trent will try out the deluxe package deal again for this one. Though, considering Hesitation Marks didn't get anything more than the 2CD thing, I'm not so sure this will get anything more than CD and vinyl. Especially with The Fragile (perpetually) on the horizon.

I really just want a cool deluxe package from the first day it's released, instead of buying it two years after the fact.
    I hope the vinyl will be in something other than the $300 package though, still annoyed that I will probably never own the TGWTDT vinyl because that's too much money for me.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I am just going to be on the look out for the damn "For Your Consideration" copy to complete my collection… if hit is even considered

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    I can't believe what you're saying, @butter_hole .

I thought Gone Girl was great, beginning to end.

And i would assume that Flynn rewriting the ending doesn't have anything to do with it being "terrible."

It's probably to match the director's vision, or to make it more palatable and stronger in the film version.

I'll admit, the ending wasn't perfect, but it damn sure wasn't "terrible."

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    From the movie's Twitter:

Gone Girl@GoneGirlMovie21 minsThe community rallies to support friends & family of missing Amy Dunne. #GoneGirl 855-4-AMY-TIPS

It's a recording of a monologue by the narrator but in the background you can hear what could be some of the soundtrack music.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I have a bad feeling that this soundtrack is going to get a lackluster shitty release without any thought or time put into the packaging or presentation. Just from how far behind the whole camp is with the Tension DVD and the fact that NIN is about to go back on tour up until the release of the movie and Rob, Im sure, will be on tour taking band photos for NIN.com rather than working on this OR the Tension dvd.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznor2112 View Post
    I have a bad feeling that this soundtrack is going to get a lackluster shitty release without any thought or time put into the packaging or presentation. Just from how far behind the whole camp is with the Tension DVD and the fact that NIN is about to go back on tour up until the release of the movie and Rob, Im sure, will be on tour taking band photos for NIN.com rather than working on this OR the Tension dvd.
    I've got to be honest, I'm not too bothered about the packaging for this, I just want to hear the music and I'll probably go and see the film too. Perhaps they'll do a scavenger hunt type thing while on the Soundgarden tour? (like that mouthtapedshut for girl with the dragon tattoo)

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznor2112 View Post
    I really don't see an importance to the packaging, considering the "nice" packaging cost $300 last time, it's not something that is going to affect me, I just want good music

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    have you guys read the book? i really dug it.

edit: actually i more than really dug it.
    it's the best writing i've read in years.

and i think it's perfect for trent and atticus.
    Last edited by elevenism; 06-25-2014 at 08:39 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Nothing really earth shattering just a few new pictures of Atticus and Trent in the studio

https://twitter.com/GoneGirlMovie/status/483682964388065280

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Santos L Halper View Post
    Nothing really earth shattering just a few new pictures of Atticus and Trent in the studio

https://twitter.com/GoneGirlMovie/status/483682964388065280
    Those were already on TR's instagram, but they're way higher res here so thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Those were already on TR's instagram, but they're way higher res here so thanks!
    Whoops didn't even check his instragram...my bad.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    it's the best writing i've read in years.
    read more books!

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by butter_hole View Post
    read more books!
    there is never a point that i am not reading a book.
    perhaps i'm reading the wrong books.
    turn me on, who writes exquisitely these days?
    i'm not so much talking about story or plot...when i say it's the best writing i've read in years, i'm talking sheer beauty of prose, page by page.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    for instance, this quote from gone girl: “I felt a queasy mixture of relief and horror: when you finally stop an itch and realize it’s because you’ve ripped a hole in your skin.”

her writing is so sharp. i remember another near the end where amy talks about growing into every part of nick like a vine, something along those lines. there are several other such passages. It's been a while since i read a book where lines really stuck out in my mind.
    The last one i've read that had prose as striking as the prose in gone girl was The Loop, by Nicholas Evans.

Unfortunately, in the small town in which i am stuck, the closest bookstore is a wal-mart, so i just buy what seems like it might look good.

I am a Steven King fanatic, and an obsessive and prodigious reader. So anything you guys could recommend to keep me reading between king releases would make me happy.

Edit: I started a thread over in literature; it's called Favorite Books and Authors. So, @butter_hole , @sheepdean , please weigh in!
    My mind is bored. I'm reading something that i don't really like right now...i need good recommendations!

Back on topic, i gave TGWTDT a spin for the first time, and i fucking LOVED it! Now i'm really looking forward to the soundtrack to Gone Girl.
    Last edited by elevenism; 07-01-2014 at 06:13 AM.