Page 29 of 55 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 ... LastLast

Thread: Gone Girl (2014)

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Hearing a LOT of positive feedback from friends that aren't huge NIN fans over this score. Here's hoping the boys get a second Oscar with this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Trent talks with Rolling Stone about working with Fincher.
    http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/f...rview-20140930

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Does anyone know where the break is going to be for the two discs? I would assume it would be 12 tracks for each disc, but...

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Halfway through my first listen. In terms of atmospherics, this is one of the creepier things TR & AR have done. I love how things come and build up and out at you from the background. Almost feels like the Quake and TGWTDT OSTs had a kid who encapsulated everything wonderful about his parents (and whose cousin was The Fragile - damn I loved "Technically, Missing"). But that doesn't do it justice.

I think this is going to be my favorite T&A score.
    Last edited by Shadaloo; 09-30-2014 at 11:49 PM. Reason: duhhh typos

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    Man, Just Like You is still the only song that really interests me out of all 24 of these. Those last two minutes are beautiful and I think it would've been a nice change of pace if Trent released a whole collection of music like that. Beautiful stuff.
    Agreed... It's unbelievably beautiful. I picture a reflection off a puddle on a cobblestone street during a sun shower in NYC circa 1960.. Shits deep.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CRIMinal View Post
    Does anyone know where the break is going to be for the two discs? I would assume it would be 12 tracks for each disc, but...
    Yes, 12 tracks each if it matches the vinyl.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GanduGains View Post
    No..................
    i took the time to write out what MY impression of it was, and rather than trying to have a discussion about it, you just completely shoot it down? you're going after bill in a different thread for essentially being a dick to people, but in this thread, you're being a dick. what's the deal? if you disagree with me, TALK about it. don't just respond like an immature jerk.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    "FLAC Available Shortly"

Did they not have time to convert it? Come on.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    So amazon uk and iTunes uk want more money for less product, as I should have predicted, so nin.com get my moneys

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zecho View Post
    "FLAC Available Shortly"

It still says that next to hesitation marks too (although hm flax is available)

Just grab the (Apple) lossless

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    Man, Just Like You is still the only song that really interests me out of all 24 of these. Those last two minutes are beautiful and I think it would've been a nice change of pace if Trent released a whole collection of music like that. Beautiful stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by r_k_f View Post
    Agreed... It's unbelievably beautiful. I picture a reflection off a puddle on a cobblestone street during a sun shower in NYC circa 1960.. Shits deep.
    man, i don't understand this. you know how trent and fincher have been telling us all this stuff about how they were going for this artificial-muzak-spa-make-you-feel-like-everything's-ok sound? the second half of Just Like You is exactly that. seems to be getting a lot of love around here, but to me it's just some aimless benign tinkling. the first thing i thought of when i heard it is the piano playing that Zach Galifianakis does in some of his stand-up. i mean, i guess it's kind of pretty, but to me when trent and atticus want to make something pretty they really come up with some devastatingly pretty shit. i find "Background Noise" much better in that respect. definitely my favorite melody of this soundtrack.

reading my comment over, it sounds maybe a bit mean. not my intention to put down your opinions, just wanted to share mine. i think all this will work quite well in the context of the film too. hope i'm right.

(p.s., i came back to edit the spelling on Galifianakis, but i nailed it on the first try!)
    Last edited by talkingnothing; 09-30-2014 at 04:19 PM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    More photos of the recording process on tumblr

http://nineinchnails.tumblr.com/

Some people on NINs Facebook page don't seem to understand the concept of film scoring and think this is new NIN

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by talkingnothing View Post
    man, i don't understand this. you know how trent and fincher have been telling us all this stuff about how they were going for this artificial-muzak-spa-make-you-feel-like-everything's-ok sound? the second half of Just Like You is exactly that. seems to be getting a lot of love around here, but to me it's just some aimless benign tinkling. the first thing i thought of when i heard it is the piano playing that Zach Galifianakis does in some of his stand-up. i mean, i guess it's kind of pretty, but to me when trent and atticus want to make something pretty they really come up with some devastatingly pretty shit. i find "Background Noise" much better in that respect. definitely my favorite melody of this soundtrack.

reading my comment over, it sounds maybe a bit mean. not my intention to put down your opinions, just wanted to share mine. i think all this will work quite well in the context of the film too. hope i'm right.

(p.s., i came back to edit the spelling on Galifianakis, but i nailed it on the first try!)
    Well....that's just like....your opinion man.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    "I just got off tour a couple weeks ago, and I've been tying up loose ends this the whole time. "

Fragile re-issue!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BenAkenobi View Post
    Sorry to disappoint you, but while Sheepdean's known for wiki'ing and archiving stuff, his sources are the same as everyone's, he's not an insider of any kind.
    I was claiming he had insider knowledge at all. I was saying that he has just enough lack of life to spend the time to find out such things before anyone else.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So, when I downloaded the files off nin.com the artist is listed as "Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross", but for The Social Network and Girl with the Dragon Tattoo soundtracks the artist is listed as "Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross". This fucking drives me crazy.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jrdsctt View Post
    So, when I downloaded the files off nin.com the artist is listed as "Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross", but for The Social Network and Girl with the Dragon Tattoo soundtracks the artist is listed as "Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross". This fucking drives me crazy.
    Being a rabid last.fm scrobbler, and tag freak in general, this is a pet-peeve of mine, too. I plan on just changing the artist name to "Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross."

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I like how literally the post above this is you saying sheepdean hasn't got a life.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    The cover even says "Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross." It's a silly oversight.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post

Some people on NINs Facebook page don't seem to understand the concept of film scoring and think this is new NIN
    Alan had a hand in this??

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    The strings towards the end of Clue Two remind me of the Bridge School versions La Mer / Adrift and At Peace, particularly the main melody of the latter.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by talkingnothing View Post

Well, songs like 01 Ghosts I, and A Warm Place are among my favs... So naturally you can see why I'm drawn to Just Like You... It's just the way I'm wired I guess... I do agree Background noise is f-ing good..

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodSoldier333 View Post
    Alan had a hand in this??
    Looks like a glasses-less Alan Moulder to me. He did mix over half of the tracks for TGWTDT.

Which reminds me, there's no mixing credits for track 34 (TGWTDT) on ninwiki.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    The strings towards the end of Clue Two remind me of the Bridge School versions La Mer / Adrift and At Peace, particularly the main melody of the latter.
    Or The Frail off "Things Fall Apart"

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Already bought my tickets for opening night on Friday. Now I'm listening to the soundtrack while I power through the rest of the book.

It's groovy

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zecho View Post
    "FLAC Available Shortly"

Oh the lolz @ this

I huffed and I puffed about the lack of an iTunes pre-order, when it turns out if my tantrum-tossing ass would have just gone to the "New Releases" page, it was sitting there available for purchase since the 26th, apparently.

I'll still take the time to gloat over sheepdeen telling me the FLAC would be available on the 30th, and then reading that it wasn't

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Did I for real read multiple people openly bitching and whining about the MP3 files being tagged as having a "&" between their names instead of "and"? Because it totally doesn't take you literally all of five seconds to change that yourself?

What the hell is wrong with some of you?

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I'm listening to the album again and my favorite track is "Like Home". Man, it sounds so devastating as it reminds me of some of score pieces that Angelo Badalamenti does for the films of David Lynch like Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me and Blue Velvet. It's so fucking good.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post

Trent wearing a white shirt? Blasphemy!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charmingly Miserable View Post
    Blasphemy!
    how 'bout white collared shirt?