PMs.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
    PMs.
    Very much appreciated. Thank you again!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I'm listening to 'At Risk' (for like the 1,000th time) and ever since I saw the below video I've always felt like when TR/AR are composing/recording they are controlling a bull while walking a tight rope.

There are so many sounds and elements which TR/AR manifest, keep control of, keep aligned, and somehow stay connected. That deep synth bass is like a beast slowly breathing.

I'd love to spend a day in that room with them.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    I saw the film for the first time last night, the amount of tracks just named after what is being said on screen is hilarious

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    I saw the film for the first time last night, the amount of tracks just named after what is being said on screen is hilarious
    I thought that was especially weird given that they had an interview criticizing composers for doing just that only a few years prior.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    By my count, only six out of twenty-four titles are taken from dialogue from the film (I'm not counting Clue One and Clue Two since, I believe, no one actually says those titles in the film). That's hardly a lot, and the names are fitting. Also, they did it before on The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo score. I think they're more critical of basic track names than anything else. I remember Trent mentioned when he was coming up with the name for Hand Covers Bruise that he didn't want to call it "Mark Walks Across Campus", which is completely fair.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Watched the movie again and the credits roll lists songs not by TR&AR. What the hell? Haven't heard other music anytime within.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BenAkenobi View Post
    Watched the movie again and the credits roll lists songs not by TR&AR. What the hell? Haven't heard other music anytime within.
    Those are songs, not score. Any movie that uses songs has a songs section in the credits like that.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BenAkenobi View Post
    Haven't heard other music anytime within.
    Any song that's playing on TV/radio, in a club, in a bar, etc. inside the movie has to be credited at the end.

Example: (Don't Fear the Reaper scene)

Yes, it's so trivial most people won't even notice it, but pretty much every movie has tons of this stuff.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Same goes for other movies or TV shows being watched, or even somehow edited into the movie.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    If there's a link to a lossless copy of the FYC version of Gone Girl i'd love to have it.

Thanks Muchly.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Thanks to @hellospaceboy , we now have a copy of the FYC score CD (coming soon).

I thought it would just be extremely similar to the Complete Score download, because most of the track names were the same, but there are actually a lot of differences to varying degrees. They're still fairly similar to each other though, and both quite different from the retail album. I tried to do a comprehensive comparison between the two, but I might have missed some differences here and there.

In general, the FYC has a lot of extra seconds of silence at the end of tracks. The mastering levels are all over the place on both albums. In general, the FYC is mastered way too low. All the mistakes and mastering issues make me think that movie studio personnel assembled both of these instead of TRAR.

Comparing the FYC and Complete Score to the retail album (in particular, "Strange Activity" and "The Return"), it seems like maybe the FYC has earlier versions of tracks and the Complete Score is closer to final (assuming the retail album is reflective of final).

Crazy Happy - Complete Score version is truncated in error at the end. FYC is complete.

Blood & Amazing Amy - segued together on FYC, no other changes

Garson is not present on FYC.

I Need to Be Punished is extended on FYC by about 15 seconds, and segues into Weak Spots (which is identical)

The Search fades out about 10 seconds earlier on the FYC.

A Strange New Sentence fades out about 9 seconds earlier on the FYC

Bum World ends abruptly about 12 seconds earlier on the Complete Score

Vigil has an extended ending on the FYC that is about 13 seconds longer

WTF is segued into The Reveal, and The Reveal is segued into The Hammer on the FYC.

Much Worse is two different versions. It has a longer intro on the FYC, some of the distortion sounds come in differently (especially at the beginning), and then the two tracks diverge completely at the 1:09/1:15 (Complete/FYC) mark.

Strange Activity is also different versions, particularly in the first 20 and last 20 seconds.

Just Teasing is different. The underlying music is the same in both, but a lot of the overlaid effects are different.

Derailed is different in that the FYC has two additional BAAA-WHOOOP's in the last 6 seconds.

How to Behave, the beginning and very ending are slightly different between the two.

Murder has about 6 seconds more of music at the end on the FYC

The Return has 2 extra measures at the beginning on the FYC. FYC has a 10 second longer fade-out.

Do Your Part - at about 2:53 the overlaid noise effects diverge, and then the FYC continues with an extended ending about 25 seconds longer.

"Partners in Crime & End Credits" and "Credits - Echoes" are the same.

Slight Limp - End Credits is an error track on the FYC. It just repeats the last 5 seconds of the previous track and then is silence for the remainder of the duration.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Still my favorite Trent & Atticus score, so I'm very curious to hear this.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I really need to watch this film at some point

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Likes for treats.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Oh jeez. I didn't realize the Gone Girl FYC was so highly-sought within the community; I've owned it for years. Forgot I even had it, actually. I remember buying it shortly after the commercial 2-CD score came out, so this would have been early 2015-ish. I also have a european 2-CD bootleg of the Gone Girl complete score that's actually really well done. There are also 2-CD complete scores for Patriot's Day and Bird Box Deluxe..

Now I wonder if those scores are any different from their more commercially-available counterparts, as well. I think the only FYC disc I still need to track down is the Social Network one..

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    Oh jeez. I didn't realize the Gone Girl FYC was so highly-sought within the community;
    The calls for the FYC were quite regular from 2015. They abated after the Complete Score download circulated in 2016. And I think everyone (myself included) assumed they were essentially the same. Turns out that wasn't the case.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    So in the remake of the superior, British "Utopia" on Amazon. Gillian Flynn wrote this remake and in an episode has on the Chicago Theater marquee, "Gone Girl: The Musical."

...EGOT!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zimbo View Post
    So in the remake of the superior, British "Utopia" on Amazon. Gillian Flynn wrote this remake and in an episode has on the Chicago Theater marquee, "Gone Girl: The Musical."

...EGOT!
    The British version is better? Is there any place to stream the British one?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    See also: red dwarf; life on Mars. And quite possibly the office although that’s more debatable.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    The British version is better? Is there any place to stream the British one?
    Having only just watched the trailer for the US one, there's no way this is in any way better than the British one. And I don't care that it's been seven years, the first season of the show is brilliant. And the soundtrack was just amazing stuff.

I don't know that it's streaming, it was hard to watch even when it was released and I can't imagine it's gotten any better since. Channel 4 isn't the greatest, ah, channel, but it might be here if you have a vpn.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    Thanks to @hellospaceboy , we now have a copy of the FYC score CD (coming soon).

I thought it would just be extremely similar to the Complete Score download, because most of the track names were the same, but there are actually a lot of differences to varying degrees. They're still fairly similar to each other though, and both quite different from the retail album. I tried to do a comprehensive comparison between the two, but I might have missed some differences here and there.

In general, the FYC has a lot of extra seconds of silence at the end of tracks. The mastering levels are all over the place on both albums. In general, the FYC is mastered way too low. All the mistakes and mastering issues makes me think that movie studio personnel assembled both of these instead of TRAR.

Comparing the FYC and Complete Score to the retail album (in particular, "Strange Activity" and "The Return"), it seems like maybe the FYC has earlier versions of tracks and the Complete Score is closer to final (assuming the retail album is reflective of final).

Crazy Happy - Complete Score version is truncated in error at the end. FYC is complete.

Blood & Amazing Amy - segued together on FYC, no other changes

Garson is not present on FYC.

I Need to Be Punished is extended on FYC by about 15 seconds, and segues into Weak Spots (which is identical)

The Search fades out about 10 seconds earlier on the FYC.

A Strange New Sentence fades out about 9 seconds earlier on the FYC

Bum World ends abruptly about 12 seconds earlier on the Complete Score

Vigil has an extended ending on the FYC that is about 13 seconds longer

WTF is segued into The Reveal, and The Reveal is segued into The Hammer on the FYC.

Much Worse is two different versions. It has a longer intro on the FYC, some of the distortion sounds come in differently (especially at the beginning), and then the two tracks diverge completely at the 1:09/1:15 (Complete/FYC) mark.

Strange Activity is also different versions, particularly in the first 20 and last 20 seconds.

Just Teasing is different. The underlying music is the same in both, but a lot of the overlaid effects are different.

Derailed is different in that the FYC has two additional BAAA-WHOOOP's in the last 6 seconds.

How to Behave, the beginning and very ending are slightly different between the two.

Murder has about 6 seconds more of music at the end on the FYC

The Return has 2 extra measures at the beginning on the FYC. FYC has a 10 second longer fade-out.

Do Your Part - at about 2:53 the overlaid noise effects diverge, and then the FYC continues with an extended ending about 25 seconds longer.

"Partners in Crime & End Credits" and "Credits - Echoes" are the same.

Slight Limp - End Credits is an error track on the FYC. It just repeats the last 5 seconds of the previous track and then is silence for the remainder of the duration.
    This is great to know! Thank you for this info! Why isn't any of this information available on ninwiki for each track like it is for the FYC TSN soundtrack? Details are written for each track, but it alludes that it's nearly identical to to the official score release. Can anyone tell me if "Echoes" and "The website featured as-yet unnamed background music" tracks, differ from "What Have We Done To Each Other?"? How? And how does "Credits - Echoes" - (4:05) relate to these other 3 track versions? Are they all four different?
    Last edited by All_The_Spoils; 01-08-2021 at 12:16 AM.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by All_The_Spoils View Post
    This is great to know! Thank you for this info! Why isn't any of this information available on ninwiki for each track like it is for the FYC TSN soundtrack? Details are written for each track, but it alludes that it's nearly identical to to the official score release. Can anyone tell me if "Echoes" and "The website featured as-yet unnamed background music" tracks, differ from "What Have We Done To Each Other?"? How? And how does "Credits - Echoes" - (4:05) relate to these other 3 track versions? Are they all four different?
    Unlike the TSN album and its FYC counterpart, where there were direct one-to-one correspondences, the Gone Girl FYC and Complete Score releases differ significantly from the soundtrack album release. It took me many hours to do just the comparison above between the FYC and Complete Score. To write that up and then do an additional comparison and correlation to the soundtrack album would require many additional hours of work that no one has taken on.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    Unlike the TSN album and its FYC counterpart, where there were direct one-to-one correspondences, the Gone Girl FYC and Complete Score releases differ significantly from the soundtrack album release. It took me many hours to do just the comparison above between the FYC and Complete Score. To write that up and then do an additional comparison and correlation to the soundtrack album would require many additional hours of work that no one has taken on.
    I see, makes since. You don't happen to know if these two website tracks are floating around anywhere? Echoes and this unnamed track? ^.^ Thank yah.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    I mean @All_The_Spoils , you could be the hero and adapt @TheBang ’s research into the wiki.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'd Love to. I just need an account to log in? I'm not sure how that works?

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Yeah, I think self-registration is off. Try asking in the NIN Wiki thread, and someone can probably help you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Bumping this thread to see if anyone can share the FYC with me in FLAC? Many thanks.