Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Killer (2023)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

The Killer (2023)

Trent mentioned on the Edith Bowman soundtracking podcast released on 26/12 that they were working on this with David Fincher, which is scheduled to be released in 2023, at the same time they were working on Empire of Light and Bones and All. Around the 28 minute mark.

https://twitter.com/soundtrackinguk/...98316731785216

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by simonn View Post
    Trent mentioned on the Edith Bowman soundtracking podcast released on 26/12 that they were working on this with David Fincher, which is scheduled to be released in 2023, at the same time they were working on Empire of Light and Bones and All. Around the 28 minute mark.

https://twitter.com/soundtrackinguk/...98316731785216
    I love how they casually spilled the beans on a podcast, thanks for the link, it was a great listen while cleaning up the kitchen this morning. Has anyone read the comic books on which this movie is based on, and do you recommend any particular volume (there are twelve of them)? Looking forward to this film.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cahernandez View Post
    Has anyone read the comic books on which this movie is based on, and do you recommend any particular volume (there are twelve of them)?
    12 albums (of about 40 pages each), collected in 5 volumes for the English market. But right now the series has been revived.

I've read the first couple of them: it's good, but nothing spectacular. Can't say they left much of an impression, and I didn't feel the urge to read on.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I fucking KNEW they'd be working on this! (Well, I hoped they would.) It's almost too perfect. Really looking forward to this – the movie AND the score!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I wonder if this soundtrack will be more energetic than chilling. Looking forward to checking it out and the film once they drop next year!

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I like how Trent just casually mentioned it on the podcast. It's almost like a "no duh we're working on it" moment.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    he mentioned it so casually that i thought i missed some news somewhere 🤣 i didn't even know we knew the title of the movie fincher was working on

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scribnation View Post
    I wonder if this soundtrack will be more energetic than chilling. Looking forward to checking it out and the film once they drop next year!
    hoping for same! I have my chill albums from T&A filled. I need another Watchmen score

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Further confirmation on the Fincher page in the store:
    REZNOR AND ROSS HAVE ALSO DONE THE SCORE FOR FINCHER'S NEXT PROJECT "THE KILLER" WHICH IS SET TO PREMIERE NOVEMBER 10, 2023

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by explodey View Post
    Further confirmation on the Fincher page in the store:
    The fact they made a page specifically for Fincher gives me hope about the cancelled re-release of Dragon Tattoo on vinyl. Especially since Sony planned on releasing the 4K last year, so if they kind of release the 4K and the score on vinyl around the time The Killer is out, that would make sense.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It's getting a premiere in just over a month at the Venice Film Festival, although guess we will still have to wait for the release on Netflix for the soundtrack to be released.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Heads up: there are still a handful of tickets available on the biennale website

Looks like I'm going to Venice I also managed to get a ticekt for the new Harmony Korine film

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Why isn't it getting wide release for christ's sake? I love that Netflix allows big directors make more films as much as the next person, but I'm getting real tired of this "limited theatrical release" model, which means it isn't gonna be showing anywhere close to me. (The Irishman, Roma, Mank are just very few that come to mind immediately)

Is there any website to check where these limited screenings happened in the past for such films?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Why isn't it getting wide release for christ's sake?
    “Netflix limits theaters & weeks so a film can play enough in theaters to qualify for oscars, but slightly less than what contractually would make it a “theatrical release” by union rules

This allows them to avoid paying actors writers & directors higher theatrical residual rates”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Holy fuck that trailer and score rips. WOW

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    It has already screened in Venice. Some people that have seen it had the following to say about the score (go to the comments of this post): "The tension is nerve-wracking. Fassbender is absolute prime. The thriller is stripped down and taught. Mean. Soundtrack really pushes. Photography and psychological characterization of our protagonist are top notch" and someone else "I didn't like it (the film). Except for the score".

https://www.worldofreel.com/blog/202...qakvuhgcftm4uh

Personally I won't watch the trailer, I want to go in cold to this one. Looking forward to it.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Presumably this score release is just 8 days away?

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by simonn View Post
    Presumably this score release is just 8 days away?
    It's possible, although I'm guessing it'll drop when it comes out on Netflix, so in about three weeks.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Well, the writers' strike is over, but the SAG-AFTRA strike is still ongoing, so unfortunately, there probably won't be any promotion for this one, either. I'm looking forward to hearing this score and seeing the movie, though! I just hope the strike ends soon (with a favorable outcome for the actors, of course) so they can share their thoughts and experiences on this and the TMNT score.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    It's possible, although I'm guessing it'll drop when it comes out on Netflix, so in about three weeks.

The movie comes out tomorrow on limited release, we may be hearing this one sooner. I may try to catch it in the cinemas, but it's a bit far from where I live.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I'd be happy to be proven wrong, but my money's on the score not releasing until November 10 when the movie hits Netflix.
    Last edited by sonic_discord; 10-26-2023 at 06:18 PM. Reason: typo

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    I'd be happy to be proven wrong, but my money's on the score not releasing until November 10 when the movie hit Netflix.
    Hope you are!

Still, the new Duran Duran album will keep me going...

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Fucking great score. Lots of tense drones and thuds, and also surprisingly full of weird stomach-growl gurgles and other body-horror type noises just on the periphery. Wild stuff! Stay to the end, if you're lucky enough to catch it in the theatre — big long cue plays over the end credits with all sorts of wild surround panning in it.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Fucking great score. Lots of tense drones and thuds, and also surprisingly full of weird stomach-growl gurgles and other body-horror type noises just on the periphery. Wild stuff! Stay to the end, if you're lucky enough to catch it in the theatre — big long cue plays over the end credits with all sorts of wild surround panning in it.
    Seeing it in 5 hours!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Awesome! Seeing it tomorrow! I've heard great things about not only the score but also the sound design overall. Can't wait!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Is it more keyboard than guitar centred again, albeit Great Destroyer-y type of keyboard, rather than Empire of Light-y?

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    gives me hope of an Atmos release