Page 3 of 55 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: Gone Girl (2014)

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Reminds me of Salad Fingers episodes' background music.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FernandoDante View Post
    I've heard nothing but good things about the book elsewhere on the internet, so I'll take this with a grain of salt.
    Just because it's popular, doesn't mean it's been universally well received.

http://www.amazon.com/Gone-Girl-Gill...DateDescending

http://www.bookforum.com/inprint/2003/12173

https://www.goodreads.com/review/sho...w_action=false

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    For a second there I thought I was listening to Brian Eno...

Which I'm definitely okay with.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    hey i thought i already posted this, but i just thought really hard about posting it, i guess

so do you guys think this is the new project trent said he was working on that will come out in the fall?

i hope not. i was hoping he'd go on a YZ/Ghosts?TS kind of NIN album spree.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Holy crap i haven't thought about Salad Fingers in years. Hey @Ryan do you want touch this rusty kettle?

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fadeout54321 View Post
    Holy crap i haven't thought about Salad Fingers in years. Hey @Ryan do you want touch this rusty kettle?
    Yes please, Hubert Cumberdale.

Speaking of, there are two new episodes (well, newish).

The latest one is probably the most disturbing one so far...

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    "beware the friendly stranger" is used a lot in salad fingers, but the darker, more ambient stuff is awesome, too, and i agree that this evokes a similar mood.

side note: one time i went up on the roof of my parents' house with an extension cord, and amp, some effects pedals, and a four-track and recorded a bunch of crazy/pretty noise which i called the "salad fingers suite."

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    So considering how much unopened vinyl goes for nowadays for TSN and TGWTDT, i'm starting to think that vinyl for this new thing might be a good investment! buy a few, don't open them, then sell to rabid collectors and make a profit.
    Also, trent said in an interview that he was working on a new project that would be released in the fall. Is this the project?
    this is my second time asking...does no one care about good old eleveno anymore? He would really like to know the motherfucking answer!
    Does anyone think it might be a new NIN album? Or perhaps How We Destroy Angles?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    ^^
    Most of the time, when people assume anything about new unspecified TR projects, they're way off. I don't think it's new NIN or HTDA album.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    I cannot for the life of me downoad the mp3 from the site. I'm right-clicking but all I get is the video. What am I doing wrong?

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    I believe the song you're refereeing to is "Rhubarb" by Aphex Twin.

This is such a cool song,any title popup yet?

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

I called the phone number, there's a little bit of new music, Plus a male speaker talking about his wife. more details as I listen

I was told the male speaking was nick's perspective, possibly the beginning of the book, word for word
    Last edited by xfocalinx; 04-17-2014 at 02:23 PM. Reason: Girl Friend told me what she thought the male was saying

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    @xfocalinc, it is the beginning of the book. I would have thought that they would have had Ben affleck narrate that instead of some generic voice actor.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    1. no one has answered your question because no one knows. it's probably this that he was referring to, but none of us are sure.

2. if you're going to buy vinyl just to flip it for a profit, you're a dick. and you've never come off as a dick before, so i really hope you were joking about that.

3. if you're going to buy vinyl for any reason, leaving it sealed (in shrink wrap) is a bad idea. you have to at least slit the side open, but the best thing to do is remove the shrink wrap and put it in a protective plastic cover (i recommend putting the plastic cover opening on the spine end of the record). if the sleeve is a tight fit around the discs, take them out and put them outside the sleeve, inside the plastic cover (this will avoid ring-wear and physical compression of the discs).
    i can't believe the two of you, @sheapdean and @eversonpoe , could possibly think i was serious...i wouldn't talk about flipping shit to rabid collectors in a forum of rabid collectors. surely you two fuckers know by now that i'm not a dick, oh ye of little faith!

Thanks for the tip on the vinyl. When i was 14, my girl's dad killed himself and willed his records to me. and this motherfucker bought two of everything...one to keep and one to play. i'm talking every zeppelin, every pink floyd, even some beatles and hendrix.
    and i, of course, being 14-15 years old, fucked it off post-haste.

I just LOVE records, and i'm thinking of starting to collect again. I love the idea of digging through crates and finding undiscovered gems, and i LOVE the way records sound. but i would play the motherfuckers, and i doubt i can afford two copies.

As far as what TR's project is, i didn't expect anyone to know, but then i didn't expect @mofoboy25 to pop up with all those soundboard recordings either...sometimes people here know and have things that shock the shit out of me.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    sorry for the double post, but how are the soundtracks when listened to as albums? i have yet to do it.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    sorry for the double post, but how are the soundtracks when listened to as albums? i have yet to do it.
    The Social Network is a pretty easy listen in my opinion. The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo is a harder listen just because of the length and the mood of the whole thing, but it's very rewarding once you finish it. I tend to listen to The Social Network more, but I think The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo is better overall.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    i think i'm gonna check 'em out.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Speaking from the position of listening to them as albums, I feel like Dragon Tattoo isn't nearly as rewarding. It works much better as shuffled background music for me.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    The track on Findamazingamy.com (when listened to just as a piece of music and not a score piece) is a love letter to Brian Eno.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    Speaking from the position of listening to them as albums, I feel like Dragon Tattoo isn't nearly as rewarding. It works much better as shuffled background music for me.
    I agree with this, I find the social network soundtrack has three acts and really tells a story and has better flow as a stand-alone piece

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    I agree with this, I find the social network soundtrack has three acts and really tells a story and has better flow as a stand-alone piece
    Absolutely. I listen to the TSN soundtrack religiously and to me when I see the film, the score almost sounds like a completely different album than when I listen it to it by itself. Does that make sense.

As far as Gone Girl, I'm assuming the album will be released in late September (going by the TSN & GWTDT score to film release dates).

Does anyone remember how soon those 2 album pre-orders went up before their subsequent releases?

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    GDT was up in November, I believe, ahead of a late December release. May have been October.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    how are the soundtracks when listened to as albums? i have yet to do it.
    TGWTDT soundtrack is great background music for reading.

That sounds like a bad thing, but I definitely mean it in a complimentary way.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Just finished reading the book and holy cum, Trenticus are the perfect choice to score this. Cannot wait to see the movie!
    Last edited by ophelia_; 04-29-2014 at 09:42 PM.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Holy cum. That's a newie.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    My most favourite phrase.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ophelia_ View Post
    TGWTDT soundtrack is great background music for reading.

That sounds like a bad thing, but I definitely mean it in a complimentary way.
    I read The Silent Land whilst listening to TGWTDT and it worked really well, but the side effect is I can't stop thinking about the book now if I put the music on.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    I read The Silent Land whilst listening to TGWTDT and it worked really well, but the side effect is I can't stop thinking about the book now if I put the music on.
    Lol, yep! That'll happen...

When I read TGWTDT I was listening to the first 2 Crosses EPs, and now I just instantly think of that book series and the eerie vibe of them whenever I listen to Crosses.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I was here to listen to recent score, but the Salad Finger orgasm distracted me.

Tra-lala-laaa

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    I'm late to the party here, but generally speaking, I agree with what most others have said.

TSN is a great album on it's own; wonderful for listening to when you're out driving or going for a walk, working, reading, or listening to it just for the sake of listening to it.

Dragon, on the other hand, is definitely more of a background album for me. There are some standout tracks that I'll listen to on their own because I like them so much, but as a whole, this album gets most of its use in the form of "load out is done, I'm climbing into my bunk and putting my headphones in". I'm usually asleep within a few songs, but worst case scenario, I've got hours of music.