Page 41 of 55 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1648

Thread: Gone Girl (2014)

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Didn't they learn their lesson with Dragon Tattoo? When's Modlife gonna ship the vinyl out, huh? March? April?

And I'm sure Amazon will ship that shit out two days before it's even supposed to come out. This is fucking stupid. It's unbelievable how little they care about this.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    NPR included "The Way He Looks at Me" on their favorite songs of 2014 list, under the electronic genre.

http://www.npr.org/2014/12/10/369652...-songs-of-2014

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    Didn't they learn their lesson with Dragon Tattoo? When's Modlife gonna ship the vinyl out, huh? March? April?

And I'm sure Amazon will ship that shit out two days before it's even supposed to come out. This is fucking stupid. It's unbelievable how little they care about this.
    If I could I'd get a refund and just pre-order the vinyl through Amazon, but I'm guessing you can't do that after downloading the digital version. I remember someone asking why I pre-ordered Hesitation Marks through Amazon and not nin.com to give Trent the most money, shit like this is why. I've never had a single issue with Amazon shipping new items on time and have gotten some things early in the past, and with Prime the amount I save in shipping and the 2 day delivery it's hard to justify buying through other sites where I pay 8 dollars for 1-2 week delivery.
    Last edited by implanted_microchip; 12-14-2014 at 06:47 PM.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    90% of artists, I will buy from their store to support them. Not NIN/TRAR, so long as NIN sticks with Modlife.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    Technically, Atticus
    giggle

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Don't wanna be a creep by linking to someone's personal photobomb, but what's the deal with all these awesome people in one place? http://instagram.com/p/wKay4Owdiv/

(and where's Atticus?)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Edo View Post
    Don't wanna be a creep by linking to someone's personal photobomb, but what's the deal with all these awesome people in one place? http://instagram.com/p/wKay4Owdiv/

(and where's Atticus?)
    Most likely one of those Hollywood Reporter Roundtables, they do them at the end of every year with the best of Actors/Directors/Writers/Etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Akahige View Post
    Most likely one of those Hollywood Reporter Roundtables, they do them at the end of every year with the best of Actors/Directors/Writers/Etc.
    And it should be posted very soon. In addition, Scott Feinberg tweeted on Nov. 19 that he interviewed TR for 1 hour, so that should be posted soon too.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

(and where's Atticus?)
    The guy tagged the photos with the names so people can search for the stuff, so I wouldn't worry.

I wish Trent would do half the promotion he does for these films for NIN and htda

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Don't wanna be a creep by linking to someone's personal photobomb, but what's the deal with all these awesome people in one place? http://instagram.com/p/wKay4Owdiv/ (and where's Atticus?)
    Hollywood Reporter composer roundtable! Great find! I'm so excited for this! All these great composers sitting down to talk about music for an hour and Trent is there, too! Awesome! Can't wait for the video!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Contacted Modlife about Gone Girl Cd and response was:

"The CDs should arrive soon and we will turn them around as soon as possible."

What. The. Fuck.

How is it ordering a CD for $8 more plus shipping gets you nothing extra plus a late delivery. FUCK MODLIFE

Could had free 2 day shipping and only pay $11 on Amazon. Fuck me for wanting to support TR and AR

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznor2112 View Post
    Contacted Modlife about Gone Girl Cd and response was:

"The CDs should arrive soon and we will turn them around as soon as possible."

What. The. Fuck.

How is it ordering a CD for $8 more plus shipping gets you nothing extra plus a late delivery. FUCK MODLIFE

Could had free 2 day shipping and only pay $11 on Amazon. Fuck me for wanting to support TR and AR
    Yeah, I only got this score digitally and put my faith in the 'cloud' but if I was going to buy a physical cd I'd go with amazon I think

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Remember how shipping on the HTDA EP was unusually high? And then it turned out that they shipped a white label bonus disc with preorders?

Pure speculation, but I wonder if the delays in shipping are because of something like that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    There is a lot of opportunity for promotion of the score work because all three movies were released in the last quarter of the year and up for Oscar nominations. It wouldn't surprise me if TR sees the promotion as part of earning his paycheck for the movie. I suppose there are fewer opportunities for meaningful promotion on the NIN and HTDA side of things, especially if TR doesn't like doing live performances on TV shows due to lack of control. And we saw how the Grammy thing turned out. Still, the promotion might be more aggressive on the next release if the activity since the new management took over is any indication.
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    The guy tagged the photos with the names so people can search for the stuff, so I wouldn't worry.

I wish Trent would do half the promotion he does for these films for NIN and htda

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    Remember how shipping on the HTDA EP was unusually high? And then it turned out that they shipped a white label bonus disc with preorders?

Pure speculation, but I wonder if the delays in shipping are because of something like that.
    This would be the only justification for such awful handling of this release. But, in that case, they blew their load the moment fans started complaining. There's been nothing of the sort this time around.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post

But that wouldn't explain the issues with sites other than modlife not having solid release dates etc. Methinks Sony just don't give a fuck about getting it out promptly.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    But that wouldn't explain the issues with sites other than modlife not having solid release dates etc. Methinks Sony just don't give a fuck about getting it out promptly.
    You could always just search Sony's hacked emails.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Vinyl + FYC CD bonus. *Wishful Thinking*

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninlive View Post
    Vinyl + FYC CD bonus. *Wishful Thinking*
    At this point in, I don't get why TRAR don't sell the FYC version too for everything

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    The australian release date for the CD was tomorrow (this friday) until a few days ago. Its now listed as end of Jan
    https://www.jbhifi.com.au/music/What...rl-ost/663592/

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Would anyone be willing to upload some images of their Gone Girl CD. Like those that would be on nincatalog (not complaining as I know that site is a damn handful) but Id just like to see some high res scans if possible.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    This person got one a while ago from Amazon

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznor2112 View Post
    Would anyone be willing to upload some images of their Gone Girl CD. Like those that would be on nincatalog (not complaining as I know that site is a damn handful) but Id just like to see some high res scans if possible.
    You can see my USA Promo copy here:
    http://www.echoingthesound.org/commu...ection!/page54

Unopened though.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I <3 Shirley Halperin.

I also love how much glee he seems to take in poking Atticus. :::chuckles:::

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    "Hey atticus got any more to say on your other scores"

"oh look a butterfly"

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Good interview! (Although every time, once the Q&A is opened up, I can just imagine Trent thinking: "alright, let's see how long it takes before someone is asking me how soon we'll have new NIN stuff.")

"We would like to do another How to Destroy Angels record. We're going to work on a new Nine Inch Nails record."
    Seems like it's time for a 1-post user to revive that "New NIN album" thread in 3 ... 2 ... 1 ...

It sounds like Trent is actually balancing the "making new stuff" with the "give me some breathing room/time to regenerate" pretty well. I'm all for him taking whatever time he needs, but that's cool to hear.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I wonder how long it will take before we never have to hear the "how we became composers/working with Fincher" story...

Getting sick of hearing the same shit every interview. haha

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    i always forget what atticus' voice sounds like because i've heard him speak so few times. i expect it to be deeper or something. but he sounds so gentle.

and yes, agreed on the not needing to hear the story of how they started working with fincher. however, it is cool to note that i compose my theater scores pretty much the same way they compose film score.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Yet one more Trent & Atticus interview (podcast with transcript) http://soundcheck.wnyc.org/story/tre...oss-gone-girl/

I love how enthusiastic Trent is about possibly working more with an orchestra. "It was an amazing day that I hope was the tip of the iceberg of what’s to come in the future."

The more I read of it... composing GG the way it was done -- in between tour dates, in *panic* mode -- seems to be a truly amazing feat. Hats off.
    Last edited by Edo; 12-22-2014 at 12:10 PM. Reason: afterthought